Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 07-14-2014, 11:12 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Alizee can't make a living solely as a dancer. The money is not there. Chorus girls are a dime a dozen and most of them are younger, more attractive, and better dancers than Alizee. Besides how many entertainers do you know--outside of ballet--who are famous solely as dancers. Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire are long gone. As a professional dancer, Alizee is mediocre. It's not a coincidence that the women she chose to accompany her in the Blond routine are older, less attractive, and have stocky bodies. I think she'd be better served with younger, prettier girls. Alizee won the dance contest because she was competing against amateurs, people who made their livings doing something other than dancing. Her Black Swan was an embarrassment. The dance was dumbed down to her ability. They took out the difficult moves. Her performance lacked energy, and the transitions from one move to another were awkward at best. This is a ballet performed by the top dancers in the world. The contrast between them and Alizee was not flattering. Alizee can dance well enough to do things like her blond routine, which is entertaining. If Alizee is to make a living as an entertainer she will have to stick to what she has a real talent for, singing. That's not to say she shouldn't supplement her singing with dancing as she does in Blond. Alizee might also be able to make it as an actress. She has talked about making movies, but I wonder why she has never tried it. I'm sure she has been offered scripts. You can see talent as an actress in her very first video; but even as an actress, age plays against her. Thirty-years old is a tough time to begin an acting career, especially for a woman, but Alizee has an advantage in that she can bring an audience with her. The most difficult part is finding the right script. She is too old to play the ingenue, and at her age even seasoned actresses have difficulty finding a role. Although she's made some mistakes, I don't think Alizee is flippant about her career. She has a very busy schedule, and I see her working her ass off. Entertainment is a tough business. I really want to see her succeed and would dearly hate for her to disappear from the scene.
I think a key word you used here is entertain. She just doesn't know how to entertain. Time and time again we see her wearing these mediocre outfits on stage and time and time again, we see her in great looking outfits off stage. People want to see beauty on stage, beauty of voice, of looks, of dance. The song isn't bad, but it needs help from her looks and from her dancing and it doesn't get it; not because of the dancing which I think is good, but mainly due to the outfits she chooses. There is no beauty in them and because of that, it takes away from her dancing. People don't want to see Susan Boyle dancing on stage and though Alizee is far from that, she puts on a show that has little appeal, but as DALS showed, it could easily be so much better. She knows how to sing. She knows how to dance, but she doesn't know how to entertain and there's a world of difference.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-14-2014 at 12:03 PM..
Old 07-14-2014, 02:55 PM

Morten_DK is on a distinguished road

Here is where Alizée sing live

and it sounds great
Old 07-14-2014, 10:27 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post
If you have not seen it, take a look at all the upcoming movies Melissa will be in theaters soon in the USA.

THE CABINING seems to have a great soundtrack.. I mean Johnny Cash is a legend.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 07-14-2014, 11:29 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morten_DK View Post

and it sounds great
It does sound great. If Alizée took the best songs from her past 4 albums, she could put on a very good show, but she would have to know how to package them and she doesn't. Right now she is losing fans on a daily basis, something she can't afford to do, because she doesn't know how to impress them.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:35 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think a key word you used here is entertain. She just doesn't know how to entertain. Time and time again we see her wearing these mediocre outfits on stage and time and time again, we see her in great looking outfits off stage. People want to see beauty on stage, beauty of voice, of looks, of dance. The song isn't bad, but it needs help from her looks and from her dancing and it doesn't get it; not because of the dancing which I think is good, but mainly due to the outfits she chooses. There is no beauty in them and because of that, it takes away from her dancing. People don't want to see Susan Boyle dancing on stage and though Alizee is far from that, she puts on a show that has little appeal, but as DALS showed, it could easily be so much better. She knows how to sing. She knows how to dance, but she doesn't know how to entertain and there's a world of difference.
You're right, Alizee's dancing is good enough, but her drab costumes on stage are mystifying. Your advice is common knowledge to anyone in or out of the entertainment business, especially after Elvis took to imitating Liberace's flamboyance. Who doesn't know this stuff? If Alizee learned anything from Mylène Farmer, I would think she would have learned to put a little flash into her performance, a little exotica, some sex appeal. She's got it. Why not flaunt it? Alizee knows how to do that without being vulgar. Look at her background dancers. One has a bun on her head and the other is wearing braids, and they're dressed to mop the floor and wash the windows. Is this supposed to appeal to young people? I'm sure that when teenagers look at those dancers, they see their mothers up on the stage. How cool is that? Alizee shouldn't be afraid to stand on stage with other attractive women. They could help to light the stage and add excitement to her performance.

And look who Alizee has to compete against:

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morten_DK View Post

and it sounds great

Thanks for the video. It does sound great.

Last edited by Shepherd; 07-15-2014 at 01:35 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-15-2014, 06:35 AM

Morten_DK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It does sound great. If Alizée took the best songs from her past 4 albums, she could put on a very good show, but she would have to know how to package them and she doesn't. Right now she is losing fans on a daily basis, something she can't afford to do, because she doesn't know how to impress them.
Alizée will not be losing me as a fan.I love her new album and nearly all her songs.

I think she will ,here she sing 3 of her hits with some star Academy singers
last year and that is also live.
Alizée's part do not sound bad ,just that people will remember that a girl voice also change over years.It still sounds great

Old 07-15-2014, 07:16 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

She can sing, no doubt.

Another good evidence:

But for me there is the problem, as singer she must exercise her singing. And I think exercising is really missing by her sometimes. In 2000-2003 I think she was prepared by MF that there will be a tour one day, so she was pushed into voice training.

But now... she doesn't want sing live or really don't know where is the problem.

If she would train her voice, she could sing now Alcaline without a problem in live. Doesn't matter if with dance or not.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:31 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Well said.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:33 AM

battousai is on a distinguished road

So there's no full video of these performances?
Old 07-17-2014, 12:31 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by battousai View Post
So there's no full video of these performances?
I haven't seen one yet.