Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-12-2010, 03:53 AM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I got this email where the "from" just says Alizée! I felt like a puberty riddle teenager again... well I was with a friend who had just been teasing me about her. I told him that my "french girlfriend" was coming out with a new album and a video soon... Then low and behold an email from "Alizée" come up on my iPhone. I turn it towards him and he just kinda stares... Every so briefly probably having a sliver of belief... Of course I click on it like I'm reading it but its just a letter from opendisk with a link.. When he asked what It said, I just replied.. "its private".. truth is that the damn iShit doesn't load flash so I was screwed to see the video until I got home!!

Yeah my initial reaction was that one after I saw the slower remix video of 50/60... stuff shot on video and processed.. like the teaser videos on her site the past few months.. it has a video-y 1980's look.. which is very deliberate from her... with rich oranges and cool blues complete with 80's style video switcher wipes (using an iconic Alizée profile silhouette) ... very 1980's too.... If you've seen the Tinted photographs that was on her facebook, you have an idea o the look. I already survived the "video experimentation" of the 80's in my youth.. heck I shot quite a bit of it myself! so I'm a little beyond it as far as slickness or wow factor.

The music is also very 80's, early 80's.. With that synth assisted voice, electronic drums (think Knight rider)... but it has a modern sound design for sure. Intentionally 80's but modern.

Her costumes were excellent, from what I can see.. 60's looking, french... or new york too... Her eye make-up was B E A U T I F U L ! You will fall in luv with her again.. 1960's long.. kinda swept back. suits her very nice.. her hair is up, in one bit she has what looks like an elegant mask.. like evening ball "eyes wide shut" mask. In another she has this large Lilly-purple hat on. Also every chic and almost 60's...

So 60's garb shot with an 80's style video.. I guess if it were film, it could pass for the experimental films of the late 60's..

Overall, while it didn't grab me from the start... mainly the 80's sound of pop electronica, I've grown to like it really fast and want to see more. Partly nostalgia from that era... not my fav, but nostalgia nonetheless. But also because its her's and she made it her's.

Like Moby, Alizee is an artist that I'm willing to take a journey with through their soundscape, even if it doesn't grab me at first... Interesting that I tend to luv Moby's Melancholy melodies while Alizee manages to perk me up with hers. Its great to see these artist releasing stuff on their own in this upside-down "opensource" world here anything electronic is assume free and then negotiated UP from there. So for me, the money is well spent supporting an artist that I like to take a journey with.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:25 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Are you kidding me?! More of a Quadrophenia fan myself, though.

Ok, ok... too easy. I was just trying to give an example.

It's possible her album could tell a story.

Last edited by Rev; 02-12-2010 at 04:29 AM..
Old 02-12-2010, 04:28 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
It's possible her album could tell a story.
She more or less confirmed that in the Technikart interview, no? Good thing I think, because nearly all my favorite discs are concept albums.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:42 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Cat is out of the bag now.

Quote:
@Jive_Epic On parle d'Alizée sur evous.fr http://bit.ly/bNwy4z

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 02-12-2010, 11:04 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
That is the second version I mentioned before that I had found yesterday.

At least Karla will be thrilled
Old 02-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
That is the second version I mentioned before that I had found yesterday.
Definitely looks fan-made, you can see the video capture software logo on the top left in some scenes. Music's the same as on the official site though.

Edit:

Full song now on the Canal+ blog of Alizée's friend, Mouloud. The pre-order exclusivity didn't last long.

http://mouloud.blog.canalplus.fr/

Last edited by Ben; 02-12-2010 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by battousai View Post
Full song now on the Canal+ blog of Alizée's friend, Mouloud:

I like this song...it is diferent than her other music but in a good way. i wonder if this song on the CD will be in French or English? overall I really enjoyed hearing some new material.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:29 PM

kristofer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Definitely looks fan-made, you can see the video capture software logo on the top left in some scenes. Music's the same as on the official site though.

Edit:

Full song now on the Canal+ blog of Alizée's friend, Mouloud:

If you look at the source code for the blog, the mp3 is available here.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristofer View Post
If you look at the source code for the blog, the mp3 is available here.
how can you download it??
Old 02-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post

from the site Sir Wood provided:http://www.evous.fr/musique/Alizee-L...clip,9164.html

After presenting the vision of her album A child of the century, Alizée reveals now a first single! This title entitled Limelight has indeed made its appearance on the Internet, to the delight of fans of the young singer. A strong electro piece, beautifully produced and performed in English. I bet he is not the first official single since some major radio stations would probably be reluctant to return to their programming ... Find out below.

sweet full single out now Ben? im chekin it yaoh