Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 12-29-2008, 06:06 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

^if you look you will see Alizée there too all of her albums
she is under Sony BMG (Jive) which is a world wide label

and for those interested Yelle's label right now......... http://www.astralwerks.com/

Last edited by jung_adore_ALIZEE; 12-29-2008 at 06:13 PM..
Old 12-29-2008, 06:18 PM

Jamie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post

and for those interested Yelle's label right now......... http://www.astralwerks.com/
Not interested.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:24 PM
he eats the fish

i_luv_alizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
I know that. But those are imports. Yelle's CD was actually released here in America, meaning it can be found in the stores. And I realize Sony is a worldwide label. But that doesn't mean Alizée can release stuff anywhere. She still has to be signed to a label in a country (or market) to actually release something there. Otherwise the only way to get her music is to import it. Anyway my point is, the music industry is a business and is full of politics, and while the fans can do a little to help, it's really up to the artists and their labels to do most of the work.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:05 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Alizée is available in Virgin stores and come next month Alizée and Yelle are under the same label

and it matters not if they were or not

Old 12-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

Well if they are going to be on the same label all they better to tour together.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 12-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Being successful is not an all or nothing proposition. I’ve mentioned in the past an American artist I know of that fills 2000 seat venues all across this country. Every time he releases a CD he sells 100,000 units. This guy lives pretty well and has never had a hit on the radio and his is not a household name. I would still call his career a success. This may be the kind of success Alizée would prefer, who knows. I don’t think she ever wants to be as big as Britney, nor does she want all the headaches that go along with it.

Alizée had trouble selling out the Rex at 2650 seats in her own country. Jung mentioned that Yelle performed in a 4000 seat venue in the USA, even though she sang in French, was on her first tour here, and hers is not a household name here. I would also consider her American tour a success. My point is; a moderate or even minor success in a market like the USA can still reap respectable financial benefits. It may be very well worth it for Alizée to do something in the USA, even if she doesn’t become a huge star here. At least she could lay the groundwork for better things in the future.

As far as releasing CDs under labels in country, Sony/BMG is multinational and has labels all over the world they can work with. They just need to make the decision to release here.

On a side note, Alizée was listed on the French Music Export Offices website back when Psych came out:
http://www.french-music.org/scr_arti...rtist_id=22942
I thought that was kind of interesting.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:53 AM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

I dont think the money is a huge part of the decision to come to America. I think that for Alizee to do her own tour here she would need at least 20,000 fans to come to concerts around the country, but right now I doubt her fans reach into the 5000 range. So having another artist promote her would be a good thing for her. It wouldn't matter if it was an American artist our someone like Yelle or Lorie the promotion effect that it would have might be able to get the fan base up around 20,000 - 25,000.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:07 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
I dont think the money is a huge part of the decision to come to America. I think that for Alizee to do her own tour here she would need at least 20,000 fans to come to concerts around the country, but right now I doubt her fans reach into the 5000 range. So having another artist promote her would be a good thing for her. It wouldn't matter if it was an American artist our someone like Yelle or Lorie the promotion effect that it would have might be able to get the fan base up around 20,000 - 25,000.
But if money was part of the Grand Rex´s cancelation; low sales. I think 20,000 fans is too much dude, there are 1913 members here, and about half of them or maybe a bit more would assist to a concert of Alizee here in America. Obviously there are more fans somewhere, but as Lefty said, she had trouble selling out the Rex concert, with 2650 seats, In her own country (which doesn´t have the same amount of fans as it used to). Not even the Mexico concerts reached more than 10,000 ticket selled.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:22 AM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
But if money was part of the Grand Rex´s cancelation; low sales. I think 20,000 fans is too much dude, there are 1913 members here, and about half of them or maybe a bit more would assist to a concert of Alizee here in America. Obviously there are more fans somewhere, but as Lefty said, she had trouble selling out the Rex concert, with 2650 seats, In her own country (which doesn´t have the same amount of fans as it used to). Not even the Mexico concerts reached more than 10,000 ticket selled.
Well if she has 4-6 concerts in the States lets say only 1000 to 2000 estimated attendance at each one we are looking at 4000 to 12000 people that would go to a concert. Now we have to take into account the fans that cannot attend any concert lets say 3000. So with these totally made up number estimants we need a fan base of about 7000 to 15000 to get her her own concert tour here and right now that isn't happening.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:45 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
Well if she has 4-6 concerts in the States lets say only 1000 to 2000
Well, I agree with that, 1000 to 2000 is a reasonable amount of fans attending to a concert here.

Quote:
estimated attendance at each one we are looking at 4000 to 12000 people that would go to a concert.
I highly doubt that every concert will sold out or reach 2000 tickets.

Quote:
Now we have to take into account the fans that cannot attend any concert lets say 3000.
I dont think that such amount of fans are missing the concerts. If they are fans, Im pretty sure they are making the effort to assist.
Quote:
So with these totally made up number estimants we need a fan base of about 7000 to 15000 to get her her own concert tour here and right now that isn't happening.
Without mention the big amount of mexican/people from all over america and even the world that would come.

Now, this is getting hillarious . We are making conclusions and even giving out numbers, I think we went too far But this is just supposition

Tags
aam project, alizee, america, canada, promotion, tour