Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-15-2007, 02:04 PM

Luc is on a distinguished road

Welcome to all new members !
Old 02-16-2007, 09:41 AM

badog7 is on a distinguished road

Bonjour, bonsoir & Hi ! tout le monde !,
My handle is badog7 and I'm an aussie who speaks a lil francais- I learned it at school but Im not very fluent (got ma Hachette handy !). Enuff to communicate the basics. My sister (aussi a Leo !) teaches french language & culture as does her husband and my parents visit France nearly every year. Donc, i go sometimes and we have a small community of 'francophiliacs'.We particularly like the cuisine ! My family also has very strong connections going back to WW1.
Aussi--I have been associated with a lot of musicians- I was close to INXS- some of you may know about Michael Hutchence, Kylie Minogue and Paula Yates- the late & former Mrs Bob !
I think Alizee is France's answer to Kylie .. (au revoir olivier?)
Anyway I used to write reviews for rock-n-roll bands and their performances/records and I used to play in bands and record, promote and manage them > hard work in this country. We are tough on our musos. Alors, j'suis non novice when it comes to knowing what it takes to be on stage-I've met many of the 'big ones' here in Oz and from O/S.
I first came across Mylene Gautier with the 'Amelie connection'- my daughter was a fan of the movie- I took her to see Paris (75) and Montmarte in '02. Which was when I became aware of Alizee but only peripherally because I didnt see any vids but I heard the song and I remember asking about her- my eldest is a modern music encyclopedia..she told me it was this young singer from "southern france" I think she said..lol-who was big in the Fr. dance clubs with boite remixes.?..Ma fille loved some french groupe hiphop style..
I think Alizee is wonderful. I've never seen someone so young so confident on stage, so naturally graceful..my eldest was also a dancer so I know about this too..Alizee is one out of the box- its her personality, her sheer joy in singing- she isnt out to do anything except entertain and show us all ' french chanteuse perfection'.
Mais non, her voice isnt her strongest asset but her good control over it, her use of vocal light & shade, and the way she enunciates what is a difficult language to sing - its so clear its amazing.
I think her live tour perfomances also gave her live perfomer credibility-something Madonna would like after Eltons spray ! She has that "j'e ne sais quoi qualite" - her tinkerbelle dust- she also showed she likes to play up to her fans-love her mimicry of les fils singin Moi Lolita chorus- its toc de mac amusante!
oui- I have the Alizee virus ! J'suis adore Alizee ! Au secours! (Non)
I think she can be a worldwide megastar but maybe she is scared of this for her family? Considering she is a young mum this is understandable..Just consider the spread of countries represented at this forum- its amazing and a lil scary..!
I also discovered Mdme Chatelain and I have several personal things in common- we were both born on the 21st day of the month, we both love to joke around with people (her radio interview as 'Annabelle' re "jenifer B"), we both are quick to judge peeps too..and we both love asian cuisine! I love it so much I fell in love with a chinese girl and she fed me so much I got fat! haha! Ive taken some of it off since we split but Alizee helped me get over my ex much quicker than I usually do> thanx to utube vids..hmm ..does that make me sound like a player? hehe..
Aaand no, I dont play the drums- drummers aren't in the muso union!
Cest pas ma faute! hehe
Donc, I wanted to introduce my "credentials" as a very smitten 'recent' fan and to explain to those that read this that i love word play, used to write lyrics for songs so I truly appreciate Mylene's work- I think she is fantastique! I love her lyrics for Alizee's songs. They're modern and poetic, in the best tradition..full of alliteration, double entendres and metaphor-superbe !
Hey Brad I know its off topic but I usually go off anyway...Can you rename the chat room?
How bout Alizee Cafe? It rhymes dude! Its also tres, tres, parisienne! Ca va?
Thnx 4 listening..
Vive Alizee
btw LiquidC- while the chats away, the mice will play??

Last edited by badog7; 02-16-2007 at 11:13 AM..
Old 02-16-2007, 11:49 AM

Reuben is on a distinguished road

so whats the point of entroducing everybody its a little creepy who cares what you do i just want some Alizee rumors and some news about her thats all and theres no need to make her more famous cause than she'll be harder to get
Old 02-16-2007, 04:36 PM

jaykms is on a distinguished road

hello, my name is Jay.
i'm a big alizee fan like everyone else here. i listen to her songs/watch her videos all the time. i'm also now starting out as a radio dj and will be playing her on the air.

i've studied a couple years of french, but i'm not really that good
Old 02-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Uk Member

iolaus_uk is on a distinguished road

welcome jaykms hope you enjoy
and looking forward to hearing your radio show
Old 02-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Uber Leet Member

Geech is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the site Jaykms.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:20 PM

gyeager is on a distinguished road

I'm new =D my name is Garrett.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:32 PM

Luc is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum Jay and Garrett (second time )
Old 02-16-2007, 05:32 PM

Machzero is on a distinguished road

welcome Garrett, Jaykms, William, and Badog7...Glad you made it.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:48 AM

badog7 is on a distinguished road

A Grandis merci beaucoup to Luc for his kind words and aussi au Iolaus_uk and Machzero!
Vive Alizee!

Tags
alizée gifs