VitaminAlizée333 is on a distinguished road

Don't get what :P
Old 06-17-2018, 06:22 PM

Sparkling water and wine, with perrier and Alize drink
Old 06-18-2018, 08:30 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

When I owned a lot of farmland, I let a local watermelon grower use half of it to grow a crop. As part of the deal, he allowed me to pick as many as I wanted for my own personal consumption. I took advantage of it, and really got sick of watermelon for many years afterward!

The variety he grew was yellow inside, not the usual red. It was much more sweet than the red and was pretty amazing.

One farmer down the road grew Black Diamond watermelons. They are round in shape and can reach 100 pounds (45 kg)!
Old 06-18-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
When I owned a lot of farmland, I let a local watermelon grower use half of it to grow a crop. As part of the deal, he allowed me to pick as many as I wanted for my own personal consumption. I took advantage of it, and really got sick of watermelon for many years afterward!

The variety he grew was yellow inside, not the usual red. It was much more sweet than the red and was pretty amazing.

One farmer down the road grew Black Diamond watermelons. They are round in shape and can reach 100 pounds (45 kg)!
Did you make any watermelon-containing foods/beverages?
I would've :P
I know that feeling, but instead of watermelon it was a veggie :P

There is many varieties around here depending on location/farmer/season.(Which I meant as differentiation of size and taste)

I got some heirloom watermelon seeds (NON_GMO)

Last edited by VitaminAlizée333; 06-18-2018 at 12:16 PM..
Old 06-18-2018, 01:38 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminAlizée333 View Post
Did you make any watermelon-containing foods/beverages?
I would've :P
I know that feeling, but instead of watermelon it was a veggie :P

There is many varieties around here depending on location/farmer/season.(Which I meant as differentiation of size and taste)

I got some heirloom watermelon seeds (NON_GMO)
This was when I lived in Southeast Texas outside of Houston. They would pick them starting in May and harvest would last a month into June. Even in May, the heat and humidity would start becoming a factor where you just wanted to stay in the air conditioning until evening. So for the watermelon I picked, I put it in the refrigerator until it got cold, cut it in half, then take a spoon and spoon it out. At the end, it is like a bowl of liquid inside, so just tilt it and drink!

I think watermelon picking is about the most labor intensive farm job I would see. There would be about ten guys that spread out in a line, with a truck hauling a flatbed trailer on the end. They would walk slowly, pick up a melon, toss it to the next guy, turn and catch one from the guy on the other side, turn back to toss it to the other guy. They made a conveyor belt until it reached the guy by the trailer, and he would stack it. They did they all day, and it looked grueling.

Curious as to the type of climate in your part of the world?
Old 06-18-2018, 03:45 PM

I would like to do that(I can work for many hours just find the right job and I never have to work another day in my life ) even though it sounds like a lot of work, but it pays off well with, tasty watermelons Usually I just pour the juice into a cup :P but that sounds easier what you said, I also add other juices sometimes to add flavour and polyphenols, which is means a great, mix of taste and health! Well weather can be subjective but varies depending certain conditions, so from dry winters/summers, mild falls, cool springs, but can get cold in winter! Been a hot and humid summer so far. I love the spring when it is basically when I always outside, I find that weather is awesome not depending on my favorites, just in general.. lol

As for agriculture around here Crop rotations can also help and is common(as in most places) , but with greenhouses/region pretty much anything is viable. Subsidies don't change much, depending on crop.
Also to add that I don't like to sit in one place for long must be nomadic lol

Last edited by VitaminAlizée333; 06-18-2018 at 05:10 PM..

Tags
alizéelove