Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-04-2010, 04:34 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool New approach for radio stations.

I was on my way to the airport this morning, heading back to Italy and France on vacation, thinking as I was driving about better ways to promote Alizee. We've discussed different ways such as giving away cd's, putting up flyers, bumper stickers etc. But most of these methods attract only a few people at a time. We need something that will attract a bunch of people at once. Of course the best way to do that is through the media. Radio stations, tv, magazines, newspapers, what ever. But as much as I've tried and others have tried, it's almost impossible.

Well we've tried calling radio stations, asking them to play her music. Maybe we can take a different approach. What if we try something they can relate to. The almighty buck. How do they make their money? By advertising. Well why don't we see if we can make some commercials for Alizee. They could be 30 seconds to a minute long. They could feature just her music, promoting her which would be best or they could even promote AA.

I'm waiting on a flight, so I don't have as much time to think out what I'd like to do, so I'll just post some quick thoughts. A commercial starting off saying "From France, the beautiful young singer Alizee, or maybe saying see the beautiful young singer Alizee on youtube, then playing 20 or so seconds of her music and at the end just saying "Alizee". If I had some more time, I'm sure I could come up with something better.
I have no ideahow much air time costs, but it's definitely something we need to look into.It may be something way to expensive for us. Plus how do we get the rights to use her music in such a way. I'm sure she'd be completely supportive of the idea if we could get in touch with her.
I don't have time to see if some body else may have proposed something similar. If they have then disregard this thread.
I posted this idea on the discussions page, because I think threads get more notice here. Then maybe in a week or two, if it doesn't get much notice, Ben will move it to the appropriate page.

The best music to use for this would be her English music of course. I think Youpidoo would be great because it has such a great beat to it. I'm not twenty. Les Collines, I'm fed up. A different commercial each night maybe or should it be the same one? What time frame do we target? What city? New York would probably be best but might be too expensive. How about a smaller city like Boston (Yesssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!). Just kidding. Maybe we should target a town with a large college population, or maybe a large French population. All food for thought.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

good idea, we should look into it! It sounds like a great idea to attract more fans!
Old 05-05-2010, 02:28 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

I think this idea has merit...
I first joined joined AAm, we had a member that worked for a radio station, was playing Alizée's music, and downloads of his radio broadcasts were actually where I first heard song from Alizée's first to albums (esp. Gourmandises) for the very first time, before buying the albums myself (crap, his handle is just on the tip of my brain but I can't remember right now ).

Again, there's the sticky question of "how much does this sort of thing cost?"

The college radio route would probably be much cheaper (potentially free?) plus access would be much easier. I think there are a fair number of us that are either in college right now or have an alma mater with a radio station we might be willing to approach (in college I even had friends that worked for my university's radio station and getting something played may have been quite easy). Also college students are generally a niche market that are probably more receptive to niche forms of music, seeking and developing cross-cultural interests, and technologically savvy enough to then find their way to AAm and purchase her music for download via iTunes, etc. So I think there are a lot of advantages on the college radio side, enough where we might be able to see small returns relatively quickly. Of course the main disadvantage is that college radio is itself a niche.

As for what major cities we might target, and think Seattle (biggest city locally for me) and/or Portland, Oregon (trust me, a city that prides itself on being a little "different," a fact made plain to me by listening to the radio there ) might be good choices. Another interesting choice may be New Orleans, a city that takes a certain pride in its French heritage.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

I found a site called http://www.radioairtime.com/.

It says "Radio Airtime serves at no charge to you, the advertiser! Instead of charging you sales commissions, we receive compensation from the participating radio and television stations, which helps your advertising budget go farther."

I dont know what exactly that means but it is something to look into. It also says that they do tv advertizements as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 05-05-2010, 08:02 PM

AceTone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
I think this idea has merit...
I first joined joined AAm, we had a member that worked for a radio station, was playing Alizée's music, and downloads of his radio broadcasts were actually where I first heard song from Alizée's first to albums (esp. Gourmandises) for the very first time, before buying the albums myself (crap, his handle is just on the tip of my brain but I can't remember right now ).
DJ Greg
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365
Old 05-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTone View Post
nice... so we're gonna need like a solid game plan with this.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:11 AM

If he's still a dj for some radio station, maybe he could give us some info on how to do something like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTone View Post
Old 05-06-2010, 08:25 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I still say La Isla Bonita is the best idea for a song to introduce her to America. Because it is a song a lot of people will be familiar and comfortable with. But as for one of her English rewrites, I think tha those are a bad idea. Not because they are bad songs, or whatever (though they weren't written very well for the most part!), but instead because they give the wrong impression. We should show people her more recent music. Just my 2 cents. As for commercials, this is a kind of bad idea. Not for the reasons you may think. But because there are very few stations that will play her music (if any), and so why would a radio station advertise music it would never play? And anyways, I think our promotion efforts will have to stay the way they are. At least until we (maybe) recieve confirmation she will have a release here. If her music is not available here, radio stations will most certainly not advertise it. She can only be an internet sensation/cult phenomenon as long as she has no American release.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:24 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
....................... But as for one of her English rewrites, I think tha those are a bad idea. Not because they are bad songs, or whatever (though they weren't written very well for the most part!),

.................................................. ...... and so why would a radio station advertise music it would never play?
Well Psych didn't do well in France and it looks like her new album isn't doing that well there either so you wouldn't want to use songs from either of these with the exception of Les Collines.

I think the music from her first two albums has real capture power. The people listening to it don't know how old these songs are. Most of these re-writes weren't well re-written, that's probably the main reasons U.S. stations aren't willing to play them. Because they weren't well written, do we love them any the less? The idea is to let a bunch of people here hear it and judge for themselves.

As for why a radio station would want to advertise music it wouldn't play.....................money!
Old 05-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

This is a great idea, and I have only one suggestion. Anything we put together should be vetted with Alizée and/or her management team (whoever that is now) to make sure it is compatible with the image she wants to project.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716