Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like or dislike Une Enfant Du Siecle?
Like 49 79.03%
Dislike 13 20.97%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
AC/DC would never do a concept album about the life of Edie Sedgwick.
You never heard Fly on the Warhol?
Old 01-22-2011, 10:45 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobandSandy View Post
I already know I do not ring through as the most popular voice here on this forum. And my opinion of UEDS is alike, not the most popular view. However, I did not come here to win any popularity contests. UEDS in my humble opinion is her best work to date, Limelight, by far my favorite single by her, and the subject matter of her first concept album, Edie Sedgwick's life and early demise.......brilliant, and Alizée has not been the first to have Edie as a subjct of thier work either....... The Cult Edie [Ciao Baby] is also about Edie early demise in the Eastern Village scene of the mid to late 60s.....simply put, Alizée is the best of the best!
I was unsure of Limelight until you told me to pump up the bass and give it a listen.....and that is what it took for me, as I don't usually have the bass up much. Gotta go and try the new noise canceling headphones with the vinyl picture disc. Oh, I do rather like UEDs.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
I was unsure of Limelight until you told me to pump up the bass and give it a listen.....and that is what it took for me, as I don't usually have the bass up much. Gotta go and try the new noise canceling headphones with the vinyl picture disc. Oh, I do rather like UEDs.
Properly reproduced bass is essential, in my humble opinion, for the complete enjoyment of most music. I just love a good, unsophisticated bumping dance song now and then... which is why I'd like Alizee to do a whole album of them! Yeah, Limelight is wonderful track to listen to on a powerful system. Moi...Lolita has a VERY exaggerated bass track that can be heard on even small systems. When you put it on a big stereo, it's a bit overdone, but a real dance tune in any case.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 01-27-2011, 11:26 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
I blew the third set of speakers I had on my sony amp over the holidays listening to Limelight, bummer lololol I usually find another set in an abanoned apartment we are sent to paint somewhere. Ill have a fresh set to blow soon!!!!! Just put it like this, all my neighbors have heard Alizée, just not at 3AM however, those were the kinds of things we did when we were a bit younger. and I dont believe AC/DC ever did a concept album. Artists that are willing to produce concept albums have usually been cuuting edge, ahead of thier time type performers such as The Who Tommy Pink Floyd The Wall Alizée Un Enfant Du Sielce um who else has done a concept album or rock opera???? Not sure. Oh and I have those. I like concept albums, mabey just the concept of them, anyway. What would really blow my mind would be if Alizée did a concept album with a concept MOVIE like Pink Floyd The Wall. That would really ROCK!!!! Alizée ROCKS!!!! ROCK ON PEOPLE Last I saw the poll has come in at 82 to 18 percent that is, in an election, that is called a landslide,in a basketball game um thats referred to as a blowout.

Last edited by RobandSandy; 01-27-2011 at 11:38 PM..
Old 01-28-2011, 01:14 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobandSandy View Post
I blew the third set of speakers I had on my sony amp over the holidays listening to Limelight, bummer lololol I usually find another set in an abanoned apartment we are sent to paint somewhere. Ill have a fresh set to blow soon!!!!! Just put it like this, all my neighbors have heard Alizée, just not at 3AM however, those were the kinds of things we did when we were a bit younger. and I dont believe AC/DC ever did a concept album. Artists that are willing to produce concept albums have usually been cuuting edge, ahead of thier time type performers such as The Who Tommy Pink Floyd The Wall Alizée Un Enfant Du Sielce um who else has done a concept album or rock opera???? Not sure. Oh and I have those. I like concept albums, mabey just the concept of them, anyway. What would really blow my mind would be if Alizée did a concept album with a concept MOVIE like Pink Floyd The Wall. That would really ROCK!!!! Alizée ROCKS!!!! ROCK ON PEOPLE Last I saw the poll has come in at 82 to 18 percent that is, in an election, that is called a landslide,in a basketball game um thats referred to as a blowout.
Alice Cooper- Welcome to my nightmare I think?
Old 01-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
Alice Cooper- Welcome to my nightmare I think?
Yups, and that is another example Alice Cooper at his prime, extreme, the cutting edge, ahead of his time, just like Zee is today.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:25 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I like the album. La Candida and A Coeur Fendre are my favorites, followed closely by 14 decembre. The rest of the album is good, but its more relaxing and not too upbeat. Overall good album, I like the electro aspect, but not so much the retro style.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:08 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't realize that anyone putting out concept albums is ahead of their time .

Alice Cooper was no more ahead of his time than any of the other original Rock bands were. Just as say Kamelot as a more recent example with two concept albums, "Epica" and "The Black Halo", are no more ahead of their time than say Nightwish, Epica, or any other symphonic metal band. Same goes for Alizee's newest album when compared to any other mellow electronica band out there. The only difference between them and a normal album is that all the songs tie together (which with most new albums it seems all songs go back to the same meaning throughout the whole album), doesn't make it cutting edge or ahead of their time. The actual material speaks for how cutting edge it is.

It all just comes down to if you like it, if you do you do and if not, big deal.

Regards,

Jung

Old 01-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

This album has grown on me even more recently.

During marching season, on our really long bus drives to Tennessee and other states for competitions, I'd listen to two albums: the soundtrack to Where the Wild Things Are on the way there to get me hyped up, in a good mood, and ready to perform; and UEdS on the drive back to help me sleep and mellow out after all the excitement. They both worked wonders and I associate them with some of the best memories of my life. I'm sticking to the same strategy next season.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 01-28-2011 at 10:00 PM..
Old 01-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I listen to UEDS a lot in the car. As a matter of fact I listened to it this afternoon.

Occasionally I have music listening nights at my house where each of my friends brings over a CD of their choice. We listen to each one without talking or any other interruptions. We take a brief intermission between each CD. Each of us tries to come up with something really interesting that the others haven't heard. Of course I've used these opportunities to play Alizée, as well as other music. It's a great way to listen to concept albums in particular. I know it probably sounds weird, but we are all musicians and we take our listening very seriously.

Tags
alizee, approve, dislike, poll, ueds