Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-29-2021, 04:45 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Talking History of AA

I thought about it, i.e. the history of AA, because I’ve tried to read quite a few old posts here, but I still haven’t gotten a proper idea of where it all started!

There may not be many first year users here anymore, but some of you American users will probably have more detailed information on this topic ...

So... Where did it all start and how did Alizée become so famous in the United States too, that this AA, which still exists and is undoubtedly Alizée’s most famous fan brand in the world, was originally founded at all?

And, of course, a general discussion about the history of this forum and Alizée’s cultural impact and influence on the United States...?

Alizée 💜
Old 09-29-2021, 09:34 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
I thought about it, i.e. the history of AA, because I’ve tried to read quite a few old posts here, but I still haven’t gotten a proper idea of where it all started!

There may not be many first year users here anymore, but some of you American users will probably have more detailed information on this topic ...

So... Where did it all start and how did Alizée become so famous in the United States too, that this AA, which still exists and is undoubtedly Alizée’s most famous fan brand in the world, was originally founded at all?

And, of course, a general discussion about the history of this forum and Alizée’s cultural impact and influence on the United States...?
I suggest you send a pm to Ben. He owns the server and is probably the one who has been here the longest that you can relatively easy get in touch with him. I believe he took over this site from someone else.

He could be a busy man, so I suggest you ask him for a "brief" history of how this place got started.
Old 09-30-2021, 01:21 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't know about how the forum was founded, but I think the majority of Alizee's fans in the U.S. discovered her via youtube.

Quote:
Alizee has had zero impact on American culture. I would estimate that, at present, only 1 out of 500 Americans know who Alizee is.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:04 AM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Cool

Thanks for the tip Scruffy!

I'm was also thinking about that youtube option, but it was founded "only" 2005 and around the same time this AA...

So of course there is no wide-ranging impact, but the impact is a fact when e.g. this forum has been created and many members were immediately found in the united states etc!

For some reason, many North Americans suddenly found Alizeé, even though she wasn’t marketed there, for which this AA is strong proof! Things like this are interesting to consider and try to figure out!

Alizée 💜
Old 09-30-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the tip Scruffy!

I'm was also thinking about that youtube option, but it was founded "only" 2005 and around the same time this AA...

So of course there is no wide-ranging impact, but the impact is a fact when e.g. this forum has been created and many members were immediately found in the united states etc!

For some reason, many North Americans suddenly found Alizeé, even though she wasn’t marketed there, for which this AA is strong proof! Things like this are interesting to consider and try to figure out!

I think this forum and the Alizée forum were kind of joined at the hip in the manner that the ones who were part of that forum, started this forum. They had very similar structures. Ben I'm quite sure was a member of AF, so was I and several of our members back then had dual citizenship in a forum kind of way.

The main difference in our forum was they had forums for different languages which of course being in Europe, was something they needed.

They were a much bigger forum than us but they are gone now and though we've gone through some very slow times, we've managed to hang on.

hang in there.jpg
Old 09-30-2021, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think this forum and the Alizée forum were kind of joined at the hip in the manner that the ones who were part of that forum, started this forum. They had very similar structures. Ben I'm quite sure was a member of AF, so was I and several of our members back then had dual citizenship in a forum kind of way.

The main difference in our forum was they had forums for different languages which of course being in Europe, was something they needed.

They were a much bigger forum than us but they are gone now and though we've gone through some very slow times, we've managed to hang on.

Attachment 3673
Speaking of forums, are there any other "forums" dedicated to Alizee? The youtube channels "elle Alizee" and "le nid d'Alizee" come to mind (is there one individual or multiple individuals behind each channel? Does anyone know who they are?)

It would be interesting to compile a list of all the extant forums, facebook pages, instagram accounts and youtube channels dedicated to Alizee.
(The "major" ones, at least.)
Old 09-30-2021, 05:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Cool

Quote:
AF
when was the AF forum originally opened, is it known here?

Somehow such a global forum was more natural when Alizée’s largest market was Europe, etc.

That’s why it’s very great that we fans also have such an American forum and it has such a long history!

Of course... In principle, there can also be, for example, a Russian or even a Chinese forum (less likely), but we do not understand these languages...

Alizée 💜
Old 09-30-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
It would be interesting if there were year-by-year statistics for forum activity.

Quote:
That’s why it’s very great that we fans also have such an American forum and it has such a long history!
I think the forum's main strength is that it is in English (because English serves as a common language for much of the world.)

The forum really ought to be called "Alizee English" or "Alizee International" (or something like that.)
Old 09-30-2021, 11:31 PM

Quote:

Somehow such a global forum was more natural when Alizée’s largest market was Europe, etc.

Of course... In principle, there can also be, for example, a Russian or even a Chinese forum (less likely), but we do not understand these languages...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
It would be interesting if there were year-by-year statistics for forum activity.

I think the forum's main strength is that it is in English (because English serves as a common language for much of the world.)

The forum really ought to be called "Alizee English" or "Alizee International" (or something like that.)
I think you guys know the story of the private autograph session at the Virgin Megastore back in 2010. I was planning on going to the autograph session. I asked if anyone in the forum would like me to get an autographed cd for them. That guickly grew to 50 requests. The question was, I couldn't walk up to the autograph table, plunk down 50 cds and ask her to sign them. The other people in line would have killed me!

Another member of our forum wrote to Virgin, telling them about our situation. I received a letter from Ben a few days later.

Letter from Ben.jpg

This line bothered me;

"Alizée will kindly sign 50 copies of her new album for her American fans."

Did that mean I couldn't get cds for our foreign members? We've always had foreign members. At that time, MerciAlizee was a very active admin for our forum. In the end, I wasn't going to leave our foreign members out.

So it has bothered me that our name gives people the impression that this site is for American fans, but we've had it for so long, I think it's too late to do anything about it. Besides, I've gotten Alizée to say "hello to Alizée America" four times If she doesn't see out name anymore, she might think we've gone under like other forums have.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Speaking of forums, are there any other "forums" dedicated to Alizee? The youtube channels "elle Alizee" and "le nid d'Alizee" come to mind (is there one individual or multiple individuals behind each channel? Does anyone know who they are?)

It would be interesting to compile a list of all the extant forums, facebook pages, instagram accounts and youtube channels dedicated to Alizee.
(The "major" ones, at least.)
I have no idea myself, but it would be interesting to find out the answer to all your questions and I'm sure there is a way. We just need someone to take the time. The fact that "Alizee" is in just about all the names should make it easier.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-30-2021 at 11:31 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-01-2021, 01:43 PM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This line bothered me;

"Alizée will kindly sign 50 copies of her new album for her American fans."

Did that mean I couldn't get cds for our foreign members? We've always had foreign members. At that time, MerciAlizee was a very active admin for our forum. In the end, I wasn't going to leave our foreign members out.

So it has bothered me that our name gives people the impression that this site is for American fans, but we've had it for so long, I think it's too late to do anything about it.
I don't think that part of the message had any sort of intent to it. It was likely written by someone at Sony Music/Jive Epic who was just in the midst of organizing another event for a client, saw the forum name "AlizeeAmerica" and didn't think much else of it.

Not something to read into too much, more than likely a simple misunderstanding.