Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 02-20-2009, 07:41 PM

Jamie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Oh, I should mention that of course the addresses of Alizée America and Lilly Town USA will be on the banner, so really it represents our two sites. Every fanpage from Mexico has made one of these, so I think it's about time we do. If we can't think of anything else to write, maybe the URLs will be all it says, though yeah perhaps a "falling" pun could work too...

Wasn't this banner originally just for this site?
Old 02-20-2009, 07:46 PM

lowbeam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
The more the merrier.

Ben, let me know when you need donations, I'm in again. Like a moth to a flame, can't help myself
Old 02-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
No, it's always been both:
http://www.lillytownusa.com/showthread.php?t=488
(see thread creation dates)

Us American fans gotta stick together! Oh, and canucks can come too.

Last edited by Ben; 02-20-2009 at 08:38 PM..
Old 02-20-2009, 08:57 PM

bladegear is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee Banner

Hello!

I am very interested in helping with the banner. I have enjoyed Alizee for several years now and really love everything she does! AlizeeAmerica does a great job of offering her videos! She has the most wonderful voice!

I own a sign shop in North Carolina and would be interested in donating a banner for your trip! I would love to print it!! Please feel free to contact me about this. I am very serious and think it would be fantastic to do!

Please contact me and we can talk about it! Hope to here from you and happy to get involved!! Alizee Rocks!! I wish everyone knew about her!!!!

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
If I can say my word on this, I know that a sentence in french would be really appreciate... Something that say this a message to her from USA and that every others fans ( mostly French) could understand.

If you do well, that's the kind of thing French TV could love to have in a report on her.
The fact she have americans fans is not well known here, and this is something they could'n miss.
I agree with Bigdan. Something correctly worded in French. I truly would like Alizée and the French media to be aware of the fact that she has American fans. There is no reason for us to be shy about it...

Quote:
Short is better, and definitely in French. But I think it will be too big to hold up during the concert, or even take into the venue. It's for outside before the show.

And not even so much for Alizée (though I hope she appreciates it), but for the French media and public like Bigdan said. That who's it's directed at, to represent us, make an impression, and raise awareness. So keep that in mind when thinking up lines.

And don't worry, if there's a concert the banner will be there. The point of this thread is just to let everyone in on the process.

Thanks. How about something like this?

Fans des États-Unis et Canada: Traverser l’hémisphère pour
Alizée
AlizeeAmerica.com LillyTownUSA.com
I like this idea. If donations are needed, I'm still in too. Just let me know if or when the need arises.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:34 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I vote for "Notre Ange" as the quote. It's to the point. It's small enough that you can enlarge it so it can be plainly seen. I'd like to hear Bladegear's opinion. BTW welcome aboard Bladegear.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:38 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
"Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane!"
<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cnunya%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsoh tml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1593833729 1073750107 16 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> L'avion ? Mais ce n'est pas un avion
Comme un oiseau, mais les ailes d'une fée clochette

Quote:
Short is better, and definitely in French. ...
Agree

Quote:
Thanks. How about something like this?

Fans des États-Unis et Canada: Traverser l’hémisphère pour
Alizée
Traverser l'hemisphere pour Alizée...

États-Unis / Canada
That's decent and simple. It implies stuff about Alizée rather than stating it. To represent, it works. Ça marche. Maybe the second and third lines could be smaller cause it's a lot of text otherwise.

Or just a fade of an American flag and some big ass maple leaves in the background. Ok, maybe that wouldn't be obvious enough, but it was funny to say.

I still prefer the idea of just saying something about Alizée like Chute sous le charme if people actually use that phrase. The use of chuter and tomber is a little tricky. The distinctions are not abundantly clear it seems from reading French people debate it. (and we'll ignore choir and even baisser, all of which could be translated to fall).

Again, I still don't know if I'll even be going so it's not really voting, just giving opinion. I understand that there may be a particular point, as Big Dan and Ben suggest with their posts. So, what's the aim? Definitely to make a statement about North America or just suggesting people should like Alizée? The latter could be a little simpler and easier to make a reference to the appearance of falling or flying, but the former might be more interesting to some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladegear View Post
Hello!
I am very interested in helping with the banner. ...
NICE! Well, bienvenue à toi ! Please tell us more in the new fan thread (you're new to the site anyway).

Merci Fanny
Old 02-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
So, what's the aim?
To make the French public aware that Alizée has a passionate American following.

And yes welcome bladegear, please email me. I sent you the address in a private message.

I'm liking this...

Traverser l’hémisphère pour
[Alizée Logo]

Fans des États-Unis et Canada
Old 02-20-2009, 10:32 PM

bladegear is on a distinguished road
Default Hey Rocket! Thanks for the welcome!

I rarely participate in forums but you guys caught my eye! I like Alizee so much and she really should be seen and her music enjoyed by as many as possible. Just turned a French Canadian friend on to her just the other day.

As I mentioned, I own a sign shop in NC and would be very happy to talk about printing and donating the banner. If Ben is heading this up...he should get in touch with me when possible.

I agree with Rocket and the original comments by the previous member that perhaps a short quip in French or possibly French and English would make a great message!
Old 02-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To make the French public aware that Alizée has a passionate North American following.
Fixed that for ya.

Quote:
I'm liking this...

Traverser l’hémisphère pour
[Alizée Logo]

Fans des États-Unis et Canada
That looks good to me! My Canadian brethren and I thank you for the nod.