Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-09-2019, 12:26 AM

Tnorfirt is on a distinguished road

Discovered Alizée VERY VERY recently, literally about 3 months ago. Fell in love instantly, shit was magical.

Came across her via a Twitch stream. Streamer played the iconic JEAM video, and I was hooked. Decided to look at some of her other music, and now ML and Gourmandises are in my top 3 of my favorite songs of all time.

I was a guest lurker on the forum for a bit, decided to make an account since I found myself coming on here more and more. Lurked for a while with that account, decided that now I wanted to introduce myself. I'm around the age where most of you guys most likely discovered Alizée, so I think I'll be around for a while.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:28 PM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnorfirt View Post
Discovered Alizée VERY VERY recently, literally about 3 months ago. Fell in love instantly, shit was magical.

Came across her via a Twitch stream. Streamer played the iconic JEAM video, and I was hooked. Decided to look at some of her other music, and now ML and Gourmandises are in my top 3 of my favorite songs of all time.

I was a guest lurker on the forum for a bit, decided to make an account since I found myself coming on here more and more. Lurked for a while with that account, decided that now I wanted to introduce myself. I'm around the age where most of you guys most likely discovered Alizée, so I think I'll be around for a while.
Welcome man! Glad to have you here. I found Alizee like 16 years ago now. Everytime I think that I go 'holy crap it has been 16 years!'
Old 12-09-2019, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imverynuts View Post
Welcome man! Glad to have you here. I found Alizee like 16 years ago now. Everytime I think that I go 'holy crap it has been 16 years!'
Thanks. I've been enjoying my time here. Right now I'm just trying to build a collection, although I am having a bit trouble finding some images, because most of the images posted on the forum a few years ago aren't being hosted anymore. I also tried joining the DC++ hub but apparently that was down as well. Mainly trying to look for photos from what I'm assuming is an MCE promo photoshoot, with the hairdo she had in La Isla Bonita. Might be wrong, though.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnorfirt View Post
Welcome, Tnorfirt! Glad to have you here!
Old 12-10-2019, 12:58 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Welcome Tnorfirt. Unfortunately the DC++ hub may be no more. I'm not completely sure of that, but those of us who have 'some' of their files are very willing to share them....

Here is a video of one of her early photo shoots, but I believe this was before La Isla Bonita.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N_7...ew?usp=sharing

Here's an image from 2003...

Photo shoot group shot.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-10-2019 at 01:06 AM..
Old 12-10-2019, 01:55 AM

photo_15.jpg

Thanks, I never saw the 2003 one. I was looking around for a photoset from this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Z26oFyvIE and the attached photo, if one even exists. I wasn't able to find much, unfortunately.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:43 PM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

My broken english and google translate have a child,I'll try to do my best.
First I would like to thank you guys for accepting me,it's wonderful to have some place to share piece of love for Alizze.You are probably wondering how new members find you? From my experience French is definitely not on my list so i did research Alizze in English on google and when you do that you get a lot of results from Alizze America.
How did I discover Alizee?
I live on the coastal side of Croatia (so I understand better why Alizee prefers Corsica instead of Paris) I recently discovered Alizze, specifically in late 2019. (I wonder how is that even possible ) My story begins by watching my neighbor's dance performance on a talent show. (Croatian version of America's Got Talent) He had a performance with some French song in the background, one of those you like right away and don't understand a word. No, it's not alizee. (Maître Gims - Est-ce que tu m'aimes? If anyone wants to explore) Since in my country we mostly listen local or English speaking music I searched for that song on you tube.Found and listened a couple of times and thought, French music is underrated, let's see what else is on! I looked on my You Tube feed and saw the song France Gall - Ella, elle l'a and Alizee- Ella, elle l'a. I don't know why i chose Alizee. I mostly prefer original authors, I guess it's fate.I started watching the video, audience clapping,pleasant music began,some choir is dancing and between that choir I saw a silhouette dressed in black coming on stage,next scene, a big shot and a beautiful girl showed up and started singing and walking slowly towards the camera.She stops and begins her magic dance like a siren whispering to poor sailors.(at that moment I didn't realize that I had become another victim of her magic and that there was no turning back ) Of course after that I researched further,Moi Lolita,miam miam costume performance (later I discovered that it actually means yum yum,brilliant marketing move and I like it a lot) mostly her entire career in one day.what a wonderful woman!
Old 12-23-2019, 10:47 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Great story joebanana and welcome to the forum. There was no problem understanding your post so don't have any fear of posting here.

I've had the good luck to visit your beautiful country back in 2012. I stayed in Dubrovnik for a few days. From there, I was able to travel south to Montenegro and north to Mostar so I was able to see so much of your country.

There's one question I'd really like to ask you concerning a new member who has discovered Alizée recently. Most of the people who discover her of late, have discovered her from the videos back in 2003. Though she's had good success since then, it can't compare with, imo, to those early years.

So you said you discovered her with Ella, Ella. Did you realize then that this video was back in 2003? Whenever you discovered her, did you realize she is now 35 years old?

I have a feeling you did and it doesn't matter to you. Alizée is Alizée....a one of a kind.....a unique experience.

So if you realize what she is and where she's been, are you aware of all that's out there.....from Stars a Domicile, to Saga, to Dals?
Old 12-24-2019, 03:32 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum!
Old 12-24-2019, 09:52 AM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

I'm glad you had a great time in my country,feel free to ask whatever you want.
I discovered Alizee with Ella, elle l'a ,that video is of decent quality and Alizee had a superb performance with my full attention so I didn't immediately think it was a very old video.
Of course very soon after watching Moi Lolita and other videos from that time with reading some of the comments I realized how old she could be in 2019. but I still stayed in that time because there was a lot going on.
After that I did Wikipedia research of her career before watching more recent videos.Her best song in that time for me is A cause de l'automne.
It was an exciting journey through time with many questions,for example:
Why she split from Mylène Farmer when in those years could she easily make 1 or 2 albums in lolita style?
Why tattoos ? (Because her sweet ice melting merci, merci beaucoup at the end of performance does not match them)
Why she prefers dancing instead of singing ? ...
From my perspective it was a couple of hours.In reality, it's been a lot of years where people and circumstances change and from watching some interviews and reportages somehow it made sense.
Yes i watched Dals (Great moment when they announce the winner,it can be seen on alizee that it means a lot to her)
I especially like Stars a Domicile with Jessica i watched it multiple times,when i look at it somehow i feel like alizee surprised me (I got my surprise, I'll explain below)
Their meeting was so natural and with their body language you don't need a translation to figure out what's going on.(it would be good to have it)
After watching i was thinking have they ever met again? i looked in the comments maybe someone knows more.
After a long frustrating search I found some link to Alizee America and guess what? (that's my surprise) I found a translated story from jessica behind the scenes ,i read it as the most exciting novel.
then second shock! There is a reunion in the studio and of course Jessicas behind the scenes story,real treasure! (Thank you so much Jessica for sharing your story). Later I searched for that video but found only non translated version.still searching...
btw. I watched YT video Alizee autograph session at Ajaccio dance studio is yours? If it is i'm very jealous of you and if there is any story I would be very happy to read it.

Edit:

thanks Fall !

Last edited by joebanana; 12-24-2019 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts