Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 11-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Merci Alizée

Smile Alizée Videos on youtube : Help needed.

Some of you might be wondering what happened to progress of the Alizée America youtube channel and why the video uploading was stopped. Well, we created the youtube channel in hope that we would add many good quality videos with English subtitles on our channel. But our efforts were severely dented by videos getting blocked and fear that channel will be brought down by youtube if we add too many videos.

I wanted to inform all of you about the current situation of the site. I'm not sure what response did Ben get for his request about the donation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Hey guys. I hate asking for donations now since I haven't been around much lately (very busy). But if I don't, I may need to shut the site down for a couple months until I can move it to a cheaper server. I'll send a free item of your choice from our shop for any donation of $100 or more. Thanks.

Donation Link
Server charges and other costs are high for this site and I don't think it makes much sense for Ben to pay this much. I support the idea of moving the site to cheaper server, but then it won't be possible to current video section.

So, we tried find a way for keeping video section with cheaper server. One suggestion was to use replace the youtube videos with videos on our server. But as I explained above, adding all videos to one channel is not a reliable solution.

So, we thought of a slightly different way to do this.

We will share all Alizée videos available in best quality along with synchronized subtitles in English through files sharing sites like rapidshare or megaupload. All you have to do is to select few videos and upload those on youtube channel. Some of the videos might get blocked in process, but then none of the channel would be brought down for having too many videos owned by TV channels.

It can be time taking process, but there are some inherent advantages. We can complete the video database with sychronized subtitles for as many videos as possible. Then we will have all Alizée videos on youtube which would obviously help in spreading her name.

For any query you can ask here. You can also contact me or Tomtentp if needed.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 11-25-2010 at 10:06 AM..
Old 11-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

So, are you saying we should just try and upload all the Alizee videos that are out there, but to seperate accounts and not all on the AlizeeAmericaVideos account? Can you explain further? Thanks!
Old 11-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
So, are you saying we should just try and upload all the Alizee videos that are out there, but to seperate accounts and not all on the AlizeeAmericaVideos account? Can you explain further? Thanks!
Yes, exactly. I believe I have already explained it in first post. Don't have much to explain further. Just wait till we start sharing the files.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Yes, exactly. I believe I have already explained it in first post. Don't have much to explain further. Just wait till we start sharing the files.
Sorry I just didn't understand the wording. Thanks for confirming though. I am willing to be one of the ones to upload the videos to youtube accounts.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:52 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Ok, I was *just* able to set up a PayPal account and am planning on putting some money into this site on a monthly basis, seeing how I have got so much out of it. Now I'm being told the video section is going bye-bye?

Let's be honest about this. Youtube videos will be taken down, and Rapidshare & Megaupload links will go dead. The only way I can think of right now to have a solid, reliable source for subtitled videos is a dedicated site like AA. However, if we can't even get 15 or so fans to give $10 a month to keep this site running, I guess we need a new solution. Damn.

There is the DC++ hub, but most folks don't know how to access that.

My main issues is the subtitles. For me, the AA video section was the only place I could reliably find a lot of subtitled videos. People worked hard on those, and if we lose them, it will be a tragedy.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 11-26-2010, 08:58 AM

Yes you are right Severian. But I guess we will have to live with the fact that we are a small forum and it is hard to pay large server charges every month. Youtube videos with Subtitles will just have to do for now...
Old 11-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

We could set up different youtube channels for each era. But Not including les enfoirés cause they are always being taken down

Old 11-26-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post
We could set up different youtube channels for each era. But Not including les enfoirés cause they are always being taken down
Oooh that is a very good idea!

But man I wish youtube would just let us upload all videos to one channel to make it easy
Old 11-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post

To give you guys the full background story:
We (I) started uploading videos on YouTube.com, only to find out one of them being blocked in Germany, only to be followed more blocking and copyright issues.

We then tried Vimeo.com with similair results.

Drawing the conclusion that most video streaming sites are using some kind of copyright auto detection mekanism, we decided to split the "blame" on several accounts so that YouTube staff won't bann one account and the whole library will disappear. Also, having one or two copy-righted videos on your account will not get your channel banned, so members don't have to worry about this.

Naturally we don't want to start a fake account production corporation so that's why we turn to fellow memebers of this forum to help us out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
Ok, I was *just* able to set up a PayPal account and am planning on putting some money into this site on a monthly basis, seeing how I have got so much out of it. Now I'm being told the video section is going bye-bye?

Let's be honest about this. Youtube videos will be taken down, and Rapidshare & Megaupload links will go dead. The only way I can think of right now to have a solid, reliable source for subtitled videos is a dedicated site like AA. However, if we can't even get 15 or so fans to give $10 a month to keep this site running, I guess we need a new solution. Damn.

There is the DC++ hub, but most folks don't know how to access that.

My main issues is the subtitles. For me, the AA video section was the only place I could reliably find a lot of subtitled videos. People worked hard on those, and if we lose them, it will be a tragedy.

The video section is very convenient for us "hardcore fans" but if you'd ask me I'd say that it's biggest function really is to drag new fans "into the light".
We can just attend the hub or any other "less convenient" way to reach even better quality files, since we are already convinced that Alizée is the shoit.

Getting on the hub should be pretty easy with my visual tutorial (just follow the pictures lol), and if trouble should arise I'd be thrilled to help out.

Thing is, we might get people togheter to cover that bill with donations but is it really worth it just to be able to watch the videos we already have access to, in lower resolution?

Subtitles functionality will even be improved if we move to YouTube. They support multi transcript which means that we can put a sub for French, English, Spanish, Japanese, Swedish, Lyrics in English, Lyrics in French etc.. On the same video.

To clear things out, we do not intend to just put some links to upload sites such as MediaFire, we use those only to provide the members who want to help us out by uploading the files to their YouTube account.

Once the videos is up on YouTube we simply embed them into the Video Section page et voila!

The result is the same thing as we have right now but with quality reaching up to HD and more subtitles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post

Some videos will be hard (impossible) to get up there, but hey, maybe there is a reason for that?

Let's keep it on the right side of the law so we don't have to close the whole site one bitter day.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 11-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Merci Alizée

We don't want to degrade the experience of the users of this site, rather we are trying to improve it. Using youtube video could be one potential area for this. Here is an example :

Alizée - Il Jouait Du Piano Debout (July 12th, 2001)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C3fKIDNlW_A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C3fKIDNlW_A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

When you click "cc", you can choose subtitles in French, English and Spanish.

As you can see that the video has already got over 1400 views. One can see details about the video on that page itself and it also contains links to AAm and other sites. So, we can expect wider reach through our videos.

Current video section is good, but hasn't been updated for quite some time now. With youtube, we might be able to update it more frequently.

Videos will be blocked, but still we can have lot of videos in our video section through youtube.