Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-04-2014, 09:52 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Good performance by young French singer Marina Dalmas.

I don't know if this may have been posted before, but this performance was from 2012.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, Marina Dalmas is a great singer and I'm looking forward to the release of her debut album. That video is from the talent show "la France a un incroyable talent 2011". Marina won that year, and she was just 13 years old. Here's the final:

She's been learning to speak English and has chosen to record an English album. She will also have some French versions of her songs. She has done the recording in New York and London. I hope she has great success.

Check out her YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shanna13190?feature=watch

Last edited by lefty12357; 02-05-2014 at 08:46 PM..
Old 02-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Never heard of her... Oo is she like the french version of selena gomez ? But unless she gets to work with producers with the kind of charisma Laurent Boutonnat has I really doubt she'll even come close to Lili

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 02-15-2014, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Just a little update on Marina Dalmas - she has signed with Capitol Records, which I believe is still an American label owned by Universal. I think her new album is done and I would expect an announcement on a release date to be coming soon. I have an interest in this album because I really like her voice and I'm looking forward to hearing the whole thing. It's kind of cool that she came to New York to record part of it. She recorded at "Electric Lady Studios" which was the studio of Jimi Hendrix.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:01 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

thanks for the links guys, she has a great voice.
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 02-15-2014, 08:17 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

No doubt she has an incredible voice and it will be interesting to follow her career. So far I've only seen what was posted here. I'd like to see something more poppish that she can dance around with and have fun with to get a better idea of what she is like, as with Alizée and Moi Lolita and especially her performance in Amsterdam. MF could spend years teaching someone like Alizée or Marina to do the ML dance and it might not amount to a hill of beans. Someone other than Alizée might dance it to perfection in a physical sense but Alizée had that something special inside of her be it from her years of dancing in Ajaccio or maybe it's just the person herself that turned that into an incredible dance and an incredible performance; the flip of the head; the look in her eye and just the way she moved in general. You can't teach what she did in Amsterdam.

So it will be interesting to see if Marina has any of the stage presence or the charisma, that Alizée has so much of.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-15-2014 at 08:45 PM..
Old 05-17-2014, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Marina's single "Homeless" will be available on Monday, May 19, 2014. She is now using the name Marina Kaye.

Official site: http://www.marinakaye.com/

Last edited by lefty12357; 05-17-2014 at 06:09 PM..
Old 05-25-2014, 09:44 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

In another topic here I predicted she would be the next French star of Alizée status fame and I can assure ya'll that she has what it takes and will be just as famous if not moreso . Then again they are completely different people so non-compare besides both being music artists from France . I believe the move to sing in English by Marina will bolster more fame than Alizée in the aspect with the anti-English non-sense and ridiculously unfounded to me criticisms Alizée /management gets and is obviously influenced by not singing in English much and speaking herself on that fact and why . The only question is if Marina's management will get the right song as Alizée with ML , some luck and timing .

Marina pre-fame days had gotten some criticism for the French accent or better to say pronunciation of some letters/words , much alike Alizée and some of the critic fans here . I gave her a few tips which seemed to help a lot and assured herself and father that to me and most the French grrl accent singing English was nothing but her own cute style and something they shouldn't worry about or work to change much . I've been trying to get Marina to cover ML as in a youtube vid but I think they want to wait til she is a bit older .

Here she is dancing a bit un-choreographed more but just to be silly but believe me she can dance quite well .

and here is the video which the English critics I refer to above but not this exact video as above mention was on her official page awhile back . Anyway I think for a recording driving to the studio in the car shows some of her charisma well .

I know Marina knows of Alizée and is a fan , guessing Alizée knows of Marina as she probably watches Incroyable Talent and seen her win . Hopefully they will perform together one day as that would be interesting to hear .

Last edited by alizeefan; 05-25-2014 at 09:47 AM..
Old 06-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Marina Kaye sings her new single "Homeless" in a live acoustic performance.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

how old is she?

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..