Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

yeah i know what u mean man been here couple months and already have 561 post lol.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:20 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbski-kralj View Post
yeah i know what u mean man been here couple months and already have 561 post lol.
Reminds me of my first days.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:43 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Outline:

-Introduction to subject (courtesy of our Canadian fellowman)
-Introduction of all attending people.
-Description of the ideologies and beginnings of the podcast idea
...and then Ruroshen shuts the hell up. Got it. I think I can handle that.

That's actually a really decent outline, B. There's a lot more substance there than I was honestly expecting. I like the fact that you've built a lot of give-and-take between the metal fans and the people who are not fans of metal (yet).

Quote:
Subject Matter End: (The Musical Exchange)
-Use the chatbox to introduce each individual's pick on what the rest of the community should save to listen to. It could expand from trance, pop, hippity hop, country, rock and roll, metal, etc. It's a great chance for everyone to open their minds and intake a whole new world of new music or music they might have an idea of!
Ooo, really? I foresee myself inflicting some classic J-Pop on an unsuspecting populace. Or possibly some early Foo Fighters. (The Color and the Shape is pretty well my favorite album of all-time, ever.)
Old 06-26-2009, 02:49 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Maybe we should list some of the groups/artists we want to talk about at each stage of the outline?

I already mentioned Doro in another thread. Also I think prog or hard rock bands like Pink Floyd or Blue Oyster Cult provide a link back to pop. And something like Ayreon really shows how metal doesn't have one sound.

On the Mylene front, what are some of the best bands that treed similar thematic ground? And for the sociological points I'm looking for a cross-section showing how international the genre is, even with many tracks in different languages.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:52 AM
Faded into Gray

I figure me, Ben, and Jung trade off using bands as examples.
Feel free to add some ideas to this.

Quote:
Outline:

-Introduction to subject (courtesy of our Canadian fellowman)
-Introduction of all attending people.
-Description of the ideologies and beginnings of the podcast idea

Subject Matter 1: (B and J's rant on the beginnings of metalhead rise in Alizée communities)

-Occasional discussion on certain topics brought forth during the paragraph.
-The concept of similarities between Alizée music and certain Metal music.
(this could use comparison bands that are similar between Mylène's stage presence/Laurent's style of composition: (Nightwish perhaps, Kamelot, something symphonic, showy, with unforgettable stage presence, perhaps even oddball or strange.)

-Discussing the many possible reasons why a gangrel group of metalfans could fall for such a French Pop Fairywoman.

Subject Matter 2: (Addressing the many questions about metal from the non metal community)
Includes:
-Addressing stereotypes against certain metal idolizations and criticisms
(A well known stereotype is to classify metal into nothing but brutalized double bass and guttural growls, bands here could be anything Progressive, Power, Classic, Symphonic, and perhaps extend into Folk and Melodeath).

(Another well-known stereotype is to relate Metal with Theistic Satanism, this could be downplayed by "Pagan" metal bands such as Tyr, or "Christian" metal bands such as Theocracy)

-Addressing the common mistake of classifying the metal genre into ONE certain sound.
(Go wild, everything from Sonata Arctica, to Melechesh, to Carpathian Forest even)

-Discussing common misconceptions of "The Metalhead"
(A good idea would be to give examples of the musicians themselves and their appearances, maybe into their inner lives. Such as Jari Mäenpää's love for ABBA and 80s pop, or Paul Gilbert's not-so-hidden obsession with Asian culture and music. To appearances such as the archetypal Kerry King, to the not so archetypal appearance of Muhammad Suiçmez)

-Insulting those who do not hold true to the pure ideologies of "The Metalhead"

Subject Matter 3: (The Community Speaks)
-People who are not fans of metal (yet) discuss their experiences sharing a board with a whole lot of them.
-A better understanding between both communities should be established through common discussion.
(i'm sure providing transitions between the transitions allow room for Prog and Hard Rock bands right here, anything from UFO, OSI, ELP, BOC, down the list that can make some easy understanding lines)
-The "Mainstream" and "Underground" factors, and where Alizée exactly fits in the whole bloody situation.

Subject Matter 4: (Theoretical Comparison)
-Discussing the certain sounds and nuances between certain forms of Metal and Laurent's/J-man's/whoever compositions.
(Perhaps adding the stage-presence thematic here is wise. Mylène is well-known for odd stage set-ups and very elaborate concert performances, we could make connotations to the more showy bands such as Turisas and their war-paint and armor, Amon Amarth and their use of a Viking longboat on stage and set-crew members as "Vikings" that would come out during songs.

Subject Matter End: (The Musical Exchange)
-Use the chatbox to introduce each individual's pick on what the rest of the community should save to listen to. It could expand from trance, pop, hippity hop, country, rock and roll, metal, etc. It's a great chance for everyone to open their minds and intake a whole new world of new music or music they might have an idea of!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:30 AM
Traceur

Fyrel is on a distinguished road

Hm, I think I'll be able to make it to this one.....I listen to a significant amount of metal, but I feel almost uncultured when you guys start talking about it. Oh well, I'll contribute what I can and listen to the wisdom of the metalheads.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:58 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Hey, I have a question about the eventual podcast that's going to result from this: it seems like there's going to be an awful lot of music-sharing going on during this. How am I going to handle that when I'm editing?

In the past, Ciara and I have both always stayed away from using copyrighted music in the podcast that we didn't have permission to use, but this one seems to demand that we at least play a snippet of the songs mentioned, if only to give the listener context for what we're talking about.

Now, given that we're a non-profit outfit supporting an artist from a completely different genre--and that I wouldn't play more than a few seconds of each song, anyway--I think we'd be more than OK to "get away with it", as it were. We're clearly not doing this with the intent to impinge on anybody's ability to sell their music...in fact, the opposite appears to be true, here...but we'd definitely be in a gray area as far as the letter of copyright law is concerned.

Thoughts?
Old 06-27-2009, 12:17 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

We can see in the edit, but I think short (under 30 second) samples are ok. Then again snippets can't really tell you much with metal. I'm not planning to play anything myself, just to recommend a few things for the listener to check out in their own time. Which will hopefully help a few sales if anything.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:20 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

naturally me and barrett were only gonna speak though music duh you didn't actually think you'd hear us speak did you?

Old 06-27-2009, 12:44 AM
Faded into Gray

Not planning to play much or any as well, mostly a descriptive sentence from my end.

Tags
chat party, metalizee, podcast