Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-26-2010, 06:55 PM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

Yea, I just checked through Google Trends. Alizee is most searched in Mexico while Alizée is most searched in France. Makes perfect sense
Old 08-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Isn't there an [É] on Spanish/Latin American keyboards? They use it in their language. It's even in the word México.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:39 AM
Euphoria

Tom is on a distinguished road

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout
Old 05-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Alizée America traffic through February 2011

Here is a brief update on the volume and character of the traffic to this Web site, as reported by Alexa on 1 March 2011. Traffic was rather heavier in the year 2010 than the year 2009, no doubt a reflection of UEdS. In recent times, typically 2 to 3 of every million Internet users visit Alizée America on any given day. About a third each are Americans and Indians. And the demographics have not much changed - compared to the average Internet user or "Internaut", Alizée America Internauts remain rather more likely to be male, childless and without any university education. The difference in the two age distributions is nowhere near as dramatic.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:48 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

On question on the visitors from the Philippines.

Are those Alizée fans or mostley Spammers?
Old 05-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post

Are those Alizée fans or mostly Spammers?
I'm not sure whether they are mostly spammers or not.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:53 PM

Smile Auditing Internaut origins

Quote:

I am confused by your question. Because of the registration procedure to enable posting, there is basically no spamming at this Web site - at least none that I have noticed. Maybe the Moderators know otherwise.

Do you instead mean to suggest there might be some (obviously tepid) Denial Of Service attacks coming from somewhere like the Philippines? Who would have the motivation to undertake these? Courgette growers?

Obviously, Alexa cannot quite read the mind of Internauts requesting pages from the AAm Web server - what it does, especially in the absence of explicit cooperation from the AAm Webmaster, is an inexact science.

Note that absent address spoofing with proxy servers and the like, the AAm Webmaster could engage a geolocation service like Quova for a price to successfully measure the rough geographic origin of content requests.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:56 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I was trying to do some research to see how often the name Alizee might have been used prior to 1984.
I've had very little luck with that. I found the the name of a French navy patrol plane that was named an Alize,

I also found a liqour named Alize which quite ironically was founded in 1984, the same year Alizee was born,

I even found a video of a girl that was named Alize Cornet on Youtube,

which was uploaded in 2009 and this girl looks to be 20+ years old so didn't her parents know enough to add an e to the end of her name to form the feminine version?
So it kind of leaves me to believe that the name Alizee, might have been exclusively AJ's up until she became famous.

We'll have to contact Bigdan to see if he might have heard of that name before AJ came along or maybe we'll have to ask our freinds in AF.

One last comment I'd like to make is I'm sure if Alizee had come over here, she would have met with huge success. So if as I've read that a lot of people are naming their baby's after Barack, a name that kind of sounds like something you might do after having a few too many Alizes, how many little girls would have been named after the truely beautiful name Alizee?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-01-2011 at 07:06 PM..
Old 05-01-2011, 11:33 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

As I've mentioned here before, I've been promoting our site at "Pacland" or Manny Pacquiao's unofficial but very popular site. For those of you who don't know, Pacauiao is a the most popular boxer in the world today. He has a huge fight next week that's why that site is quite busy nowadays.

I use Alizee's JAM dance gif as avatar and AAM site as sig there. It's just my little way of helping to promote our favorite singer. This really motivates me to post more there.

Below is the address to Pacland. I'm not trying to promote it but just want to let those who are curious to know what I'm talking about.

http://www.mannypacquiao.ph/
Old 05-02-2011, 08:54 AM

Smile The name Alizée ET ALIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I was trying to do some research to see how often the name Alizee might have been used prior to 1984.
I've had very little luck with that... I also found a liqour named Alize which quite ironically was founded in 1984, the same year Alizee was born...
So it kind of leaves me to believe that the name Alizee, might have been exclusively AJ's up until she became famous.

We'll have to contact Bigdan to see if he might have heard of that name before AJ came along or maybe we'll have to ask our freinds in AF.
Well, perhaps at VERY LONG LAST I might be able to interest someone (Scruffy, if no one else) in my extremely lonely January 2010 thread, Silly fun with names you'll want to read. Among other things, it reveals that the name Alizée (two terminal E's, albeit a possible issue with the accent) took off in 1984. Jo and Michelle were not the only ones to get the idea - what else happened then - was it the beverage Scruffy cites? And the wild success of the singer from Ajaccio surely explains why her name's popularity peaked in 2001, resulting in HUNDREDS of extra Alizée babies being born!

That's right - Ms. Jacotey is responsible for as many French women being pregnant with a baby who would be named Alizée as HUNDREDS of French men put together! Oh what a stud our girl is...

By the way, When will French people learn to spell Alizée?

Tags
geography, google, language, search, time, trends