Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: What song did you discover her through?
Moi...Lolita 10 16.13%
L'Alizé 0 0%
Parler Tout Bas 2 3.23%
Gourmandises 1 1.61%
J'en Ai Marre 36 58.06%
À Contre-Courant 0 0%
J'ai Pas Vingt Ans 3 4.84%
Mademoiselle Juliette 2 3.23%
Fifty Sixty 1 1.61%
La Isla Bonita 6 9.68%
Les Collines (Never Leave You) 0 0%
Other (Please Specify) 1 1.61%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Draw Me A Sheep

Eldrick is on a distinguished road

I'm also a fully paid up member of the JEAM club but for me it was the music vid not the sailor suit and dance that hooked me. A truly life changing moment when I stumbled upon her totally by chance on You Tube
Old 07-01-2010, 05:55 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I found her when I was on a random website and there was a link labeled something like cute girl. I clicked on it and it opened up the La Isla Bonita video.

That was the winter of 2004 and I became an instant Alizée fan that day.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Merci Alizée

It seems that this thread will eventually turn into shorter version of the thread "How did you discover Alizée"

My suggestion would be to merge this thread with that one if poll could be added to that.

My friend showed me J'en Ai Marre and introduced Alizée to me. I didn't like the video at all.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

Okay I discoverd her when I was on the computer one day I was on Youtube and I seen a video labeld "Alizée J'en ai marre" and I was really curious about clicking on it so I did. Once it started to play I was really breath taken. I said to myslef "Who is this how come I never heard of her before" Thats when I found out she really wasnt that popular in The States.So I start listening to her music.The spring of 2004 was the best spring ever because of Alizée.

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 07-01-2010, 07:35 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubeface View Post
J'en Ai Marre of course! The Night Elf race in the game World of Warcraft kind of dances like her. It's a similar dance, but not exactly the same. I looked up where it came from, and I stumbled upon J'en Ai Marre! She was so beautiful, I was pulled into watching every single thing about her, and eventually joining this forum!
lol WoW. It's a similiar dance because they BASED it on J'en Ai Marre. I think they even mention it on her wikipedia or elsewhere.

I'll bet some of those creators at Blizzard are Alizée fans.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:04 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Ooh I see someone else got JPVA'd like me. Even though that was the only song I'd heard from her at the time, I somehow knew I had discovered something very, very special and that my life would change because of it. All I needed was one song to make me realise how brilliant a discovery I had made. I don't think I've ever met a devoted Alizée fan who was unsure of her amazingness at first upon discovering her. All it takes is one song.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Is it just us, or are alot of fans from other artists as "My breath was taken away at first sight" as us? Are we normal fans?
Old 07-03-2010, 12:10 AM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Is it just us, or are alot of fans from other artists as "My breath was taken away at first sight" as us? Are we normal fans?
Not sure... But Alizée is more than just normal. And she is far more than above average. She is well... spectacular, amazing, perfect, ... and so much more . For me she is obviously inspiring. I have not quite been as inspired by many other artists quite like I am with Alizée. So I think its not really our fault. Its her fault .

ok... no, I'm not normal
Old 07-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Just making sure we aren't the average fans I mean come on, people travel to great lengths to even be in her presence, let alone get autographs for people. Her fans are amazing too
Old 07-03-2010, 08:36 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

I'm a big fan of a few other artists besides Alizée, but I'm certainly at my most devoted as an Alizée fan (if that makes sense). For example, I've known of these other artists for just as long (in some cases longer) than I've known her, but the only one I would consider travelling to France just to attend an autograph signing for is Alizée.

As well as being devoted, I think Alizée fans are very respectful. You hear a lot of stories in the news of people stalking or intruding on the lives of singers they're fans of. I'm pretty sure I can say that nobody I've met on this forum would even think of doing such things to be close to Alizée. BigDan's recent encounter is a great example of an Alizée fan's respect and considerstion towards her and her private life.

So I'd like to think that Alizée fans are super-devoted and super-loyal but also respectful and considerate.

Tags
alizee, discover, poll, song, video