Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-30-2011, 01:44 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Posted on to Alizee France:

"Alizee a apparemment bel et bien été approchée pour participer au jury de The Voice."

Translation: "Alizee apparently has indeed been approached to participate in the jury of The Voice."

I don't know where they got their information from. I just hope Alizee agrees!
Old 07-30-2011, 02:44 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think there would only be one reason why she'd turn down this offer if it's true, and that reason would weigh about 8 lbs 4 oz.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:51 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Posted on to Alizee France:

"Alizee a apparemment bel et bien été approchée pour participer au jury de The Voice."

Translation: "Alizee apparently has indeed been approached to participate in the jury of The Voice."

I don't know where they got their information from. I just hope Alizee agrees!
If this is true then I hope she does. It would indeed be a great opportunity for her, and I think it is the type of show she would be OK with doing.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:52 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

I'll support her whatever decision she makes. I just hope she accepts this though. It'll give her a much needed publicity and a great platform for her album next year.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:51 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

well I watched a couple episode of the American version, and its a pretty cool show. If the French version is the same, it could be good also.

What I liked about the show, was the LACK of negativism, that you see in shows like American Idol. Im sure they had try-outs for people to be on the show, but they were not televised. So you didnt get a hour of people trying, and being made fun of. The show began with a group of people who could sing, and made it on the show. From there, the artists picked from the singers to make "teams" and they competed from that point on.

The celeb artists are there to give advice, and help. Not insult, and crush people dreams. If they artists didnt like something they heard, they sat down with the competitor, and worked on it with them.

So what you saw on the show, was the artists in studios with the competitors, working and practicing, then you see the competitors on stage, singing. No " you suck go home" kinda stuff.

SO if the French version is the same, I think Lili would be very good on it. Remember the two videos we have of Lili helping other artists during the Les Enfoirés shows? So we know she is good at it.

of course, living in the US, I'll hardly ever get to see the show if she does it. I support her either way. I think she would do a good job as a " judge" though.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
...of course, living in the US, I'll hardly ever get to see the show if she does it. I support her either way. I think she would do a good job as a " judge" though.
I'm confident a way will be found.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Generally speaking, this show could be great exposure for Alizée. It would probably demand a lot of her time though, and I don't know if she would be willing to do that. Especially if she's also working on a new album. I'm assuming that this show will run for a whole season and she would need to be available for the whole thing.

The other issue, at least on the American version of "The Voice", the coaches or judges do some live performing with their team members. This hasn't always been Alizée's strong point and she'd have to really practice and prepare for that in order to make a good impression. I'm recalling that appearance on Star AC when she did MJ live. That didn't do much to elevate her reputation as a great live singer, even though I feel there were some technical difficulties that may have contributed to the situation.

But I think she would make an excellent mentor, coach and teacher. She always seems to do her homework and know exactly what's supposed to be going on in a production. And she seems to have a great rapport with people when she is in "instructor" mode.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:22 PM

mal is on a distinguished road

Sounds fun.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:10 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Yeah. I think Alizee is a "by-the-book" kind of girl. Just like what Brian01 said during Les Enfoires, she's always there to help her fellow artists out. Even during the Waka-Waka dance, Amel Bent and Michele Laroque seemed to be looking over to Alizee for the next move. And compared to Nolwenn, who was adding her own moves and seemed to be just having fun (which in itself was also endearing), Alizee was all business.

I really haven't watched the Americal version of The Voice. But even if the format were the same as American Idol, Alizee could be the "Paula Abdul" of the show - sweet, always positive and the counter balance to Simon.

Jennifer Lopez used AI to revived her own career. She was able to do the show and released an album, so I think it could be done. She used AI to promote her new album. Alizee could do the same with The Voice.

My only concern is: Did it cost J Lo her marriage? I'm sure all of us would like Alizee to have a successful career AND a happy family life. But, if I have to choose, I'd rather see her just like the way it is now rather than being successful but have a wrecked marriage.

As far as watching it, I'm sure a lot of our friends over in France and Germany could help us out.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Generally speaking, this show could be great exposure for Alizée. It would probably demand a lot of her time though, and I don't know if she would be willing to do that. Especially if she's also working on a new album. I'm assuming that this show will run for a whole season and she would need to be available for the whole thing.

The other issue, at least on the American version of "The Voice", the coaches or judges do some live performing with their team members. This hasn't always been Alizée's strong point and she'd have to really practice and prepare for that in order to make a good impression. I'm recalling that appearance on Star AC when she did MJ live. That didn't do much to elevate her reputation as a great live singer, even though I feel there were some technical difficulties that may have contributed to the situation.

But I think she would make an excellent mentor, coach and teacher. She always seems to do her homework and know exactly what's supposed to be going on in a production. And she seems to have a great rapport with people when she is in "instructor" mode.
The album can wait if necessary. The show would give her a huge boost.

Yes. Live singing is a weak area. However, there is a difference between appearing once and appearing every week. As a "regular" she can insist that mics be appropriate for her (as well as loud enough for her soft voice) and music be within a range that she is strongest in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Yeah. I think Alizee is a "by-the-book" kind of girl. Just like what Brian01 said during Les Enfoires, she's always there to help her fellow artists out. Even during the Waka-Waka dance, Amel Bent and Michele Laroque seemed to be looking over to Alizee for the next move. And compared to Nolwenn, who was adding her own moves and seemed to be just having fun (which in itself was also endearing), Alizee was all business.

I really haven't watched the Americal version of The Voice. But even if the format were the same as American Idol, Alizee could be the "Paula Abdul" of the show - sweet, always positive and the counter balance to Simon...
In the various numbers Nolwenn was lost much of the time. When she was next to Alizée she keyed off her, but when she was not she often made multiple errors and then, once she figured out what was going on, tried to finish with a flourish.

In fact, by watching the difference between Nolwenn and Alizée on stage, I think we have some good insight into what Alizée really is. Even though Alizée calls herself a singer, I think if you look at the difference between Nolwenn and Alizée it becomes clear what she really is: Nolwenn is a singer (and just a singer) while Alizée is a performer.

... now, if she will just realize this and adjust her career as appropriate I think she will take off...

Last edited by Rev; 07-30-2011 at 07:15 PM..