Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

I hear that time and time again "I can't understand what she is saying", so I am not going to listen to it. That happens when you push music on people who really don't want to try new things, they are just happy with Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc. It takes brain power to listen to French music and try to understand the beauty of it.

So your going to run into this a lot with radio stations too. Why play something we dont even know what she is singing about.

I think your coming at this all the wrong way...I have booked shows and worked with French singers here in the US. What you guys need to do is first find a place you want Alizee to perform. In LA or NY...For example the The Wiltern in LA had many French singers perform there. It holds 1,850 people. So a normal ticket price there is $45.00 each. So if you fill the place at $ 45.00 each your looking at around $83,250. So with rental, security, tickets, promotions I would say knock off about $ 8,000. So your looking at around $ 75,000. you can offer Alizee if she performs there. Contact Sony and say you want to book her for a concert and you have around $70,000 to offer. Don't contact Alizee because she will never pass the info on. Sony will see $$$ and will book her. They would be crazy to turn that down. Your guys problem is that you would have to sell out that place to get all of your money back. With a concert booked you will be able to go to radio stations in the city and give them free tickets. They will play her music if you give them something in return such as tickets. Newspapers will write about the concerts, etc...

Thats what its going to take.

Or, if you dont want to do that, find an event like Art Basel in Miami Florida. It's art, music and high class event. They booked Yelle to perform a free concert for there guests. So push for an event like that who would be open minded about having someone perform who unique. I know they paid out around $ 40,000 to have an artist perform there.

So if you guys are willing to do the work, I think Sony would never turn down an offer like that if you guys did all the leg work and said just show up here on this day and time is all you have to do.

Have you guys ever thought about writing a letter to Sony and NOT Alizee to see how much it would cost for them to perform a show in the US ?

Find a club or place that can hold
Old 07-14-2013, 03:40 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

As I've been trying to point out here is one of the most important elements of trying to promote her is to have a recently released album, which we have with "5". Unfortunately it was all in French so they only place we can promote it is in French speaking areas of the U.S. and Canada. If we get some French speaking stations to listen to 5, then it's very likely they might listen to MCE and are chances for success will be better. So I recommend don't even try with English speaking stations. It wont work

I worked 17 hours last night so I got nothing done in this regard.

EDIT:

Just saw MM's post. I will send Art Basel an e mail in the next few days.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-14-2013 at 03:46 PM..
Old 07-14-2013, 04:07 PM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

a club ? I think i read somewhere that Alizee really don't like to perform in clubs
Old 07-14-2013, 04:55 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

I think you should give it another shot, MM! You have the knowledge, resources and the experience to do these kind of things. I know all your frustrations in the past. But, you've said it yourself: time has changed. Alizee is older and more mature. May be she's ready to give this a shot this time around. You yourself has changed as well. You now have Yelle and Melissa Mars in your resume - which should be enough for them (Sony, her management and even Alizee herself) to take your offer seriously.

As for the rest of us: We could help promoting her in whatever way we can: social media, leaflets, radio stations, etc. Also, for those who can't attend the concert but are in financial situation to buy the tickets: they can still buy the tickets to support her so the concert won't get cancelled. In return, those who are there could share their photos and videos from the concert.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I never expect her to come to the US to perform. I just want some more people to either buy a "5" CD or download it legally.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:12 AM

I received this e-mail from the CBC office in Montreal;

Hello Mr Hardy,

I received your message about Alizée. You'll be glad to know that we already own Alizée's differents albums, she's been given quite a bit of air time.

Thanks for caring and sharing!

Regards,

--

Louis Bélanger

Musicothécaire - Service de musique
Société Radio-Canada
1400, boul. René-Levesque Est
Montréal (Québec) H2L 2M2
Téléphone : 1 514 597-3641
Télécopieur : 1 514 597-6241

It's nice to know that they've played her music, but it would be nice to when and what they had played, especially in regards to her new album, but at least I got an answer from someone.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-15-2013 at 10:27 AM..
Old 07-15-2013, 03:39 PM

I've worked 29 hours in the past 2 days and I'm dead tired. I figured when I got home, I'd just check my e-mail, then hop straight into bed. Well I had recieved that e-mail from the CBC last night which made me curious, so I decided to check out on the internet "Alizee music played on the CBC".

Well it was very curious that one of the hits was a French bar in Montreal, named Alize, so I decided to check it out. It's a bar where they have shows where different singers perform, including one called L'Alize. Well I don't know if this is a hole in the wall, in which Alizee wouldn't be caught dead in, or if it might be a respectible place. Well if it's a good place, I thought could there ever be a better place for Alizee to perform? Her and their name are so similar and Alizee has a song named L'Alize.................it seems like fate. She said she wanted to perform in more intimate settings? This could be it!

So I sent them an e-mail with my offer. I told them I had contact info for Sony. I said I'd contact them or if they'd prefer, I'd give them the contact info and they could contact them.

If something like this happened, it would open up a world of opportuntites. New York is just a hop,skip and a jump away.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 07-15-2013, 04:48 PM

DannyMac524 is on a distinguished road

Hey Scruffy,

That is good to hear the Lilly is getting "air time" in Canada. That is good news that they are paying attention to her. I wonder if Estrie is doing her any play time in Quebec?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Maybe another vid like this showing people that Alizée is loved all over the world and not just in France would be a good thing too.. I guess it's never too late.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 07-19-2013, 04:26 AM

Just a little update on what's going on. I've done a little research on the Alize club in Montreal. I checked on Youtube to see who played there and I didn't notice any big names. Still because of the name, I thought I'd take a chance and send them the 2 albums I spoke of before, along with the single L'Alize. I sent them the contact info for the 2 reps of Sony in Paris. It might be a long shot, but what else do we have?

Rev mentioned he thinks there might be a small place where French music is played in NY and we will look into this.

Jep also told me of a couple of stations in his neck of the woods of Canada that he thought might be a good candidate for her music so I sent him 4 cds for these stations.