Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 12-16-2013, 09:49 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

The comments on the video are horrible. Could Britney really have done that much better? Highly unlikely, she is KNOWN for never singing live. It's not exactly the kind of song that sounds good live anyway.

And what the hell is up with Britney's new British accent in songs now? She must think she's Madonna now.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlove View Post
At least someone apparently clued in will i am on how to pronounce her name sometime between rehearsal and showtime.
It does sound like they pronounced it differently. She was more like All-e-zay, while he kinda said Al-ih-zey

I like the way she says it in that Moscow radio announcement of her show
Old 12-16-2013, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
The comments on the video are horrible.
I was reading the comments too...ouch...

I showed a friend the video who does not even know Alizée and she thought Alizée was deaf or something by the way she sounded.

I'm started to wonder if the video did more damage then it did to help her. But, I guess good or bad...people are still talking about you...better then nothing.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:29 PM

She may have had issues with her earpiece. Maybe she couldn't hear herself or something. And do Britney fans not remember this atrocity?

Old 12-16-2013, 11:30 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Im a bit confused with all the coments about how she "prounonced her name in english"...your name doesnt change with the language you are speaking. I still pronounce my name the same way if I am speaking french, spanish, english, or whatever.

The reason she pronounced her name differently is not because the song is in English, its because she had to pronounce it differently to fit with the songs beat.

The lyrics are " Will.I.am and Britney, Bitch"

if she pronounced her name the way she normally does ( ah-lee-zay) it would not have fit the beat. You will notice they even took out the "and" between the two names, what was sung was " you are now now rockin with Will.I.Am Alizee, bitch."

As for this hurting her image or something, i doubt it, her other performances that night were good. Plus she was not the only to have an off performance, Katy Perry sang at the same award show, and had a horrible time. The song started with horrible lip-sync play back, and half way through the song they stopped, and then re-started with Perry singing live, and it was pretty bad.

The negative comments on the video are probably a mix of Spears and Will.I.Am fans. Spears fans saying "how dare she sing Britney's part" and Will fans blaming her for the performance not being great.

I do hope Lili doesnt take the comments personally if she sees them, from what I understand, Tal, or one of the ohter female singers was supposed to be on stage with Will, not Alizee. Im sure which ever singer that was would have received the same horrible comments from the same people.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:20 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

It's just a pissing contest from fans of other singers who didn't win either the american or the French dance contest. Wah, wah, wah!

And why didn't they win?! BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH! THAT'S WHY!

Just a bunch of whining babies. Brittney Spears hasn't got the class to clean the toilet Alizée just used.

As for Katy Perry, for all the hype I see about her on TV, you would think that she could at least sing a song of her's live, without sounding poorly.

My wife likes to watch E! News about what is going on in Hollyweird. I cannot believe how some of their stories are about a personality who is not doing anything significant on the day E is reporting about them. It's a real stretch at best. And please, don't get me started on the Kardashians!

Last edited by C-4; 12-17-2013 at 06:24 AM..
Old 12-17-2013, 07:06 AM

foxy is on a distinguished road

I just saw the will.i.am ft. Alizee video
hmm...I don't know...this song doesn't suit her
Old 12-17-2013, 11:38 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
from what I understand, Tal, or one of the other female singers was supposed to be on stage with Will, not Alizee. Im sure which ever singer that was would have received the same horrible comments from the same people.
I didn't know that. I wonder how many said no before they approached Alizée to do the performance. We heard Britney was replaced by Alizée, I wonder if she turned it down because the performance was going to be done live?

I'm with you on this one Foxy I would have advised Alizée to pass on this particular duet because of the song.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:45 PM

Most likely, ALS. Britney is pretty famous for always lip synching her performances. Her excuse is that it's too hard to dance and sing at the same time. Guess there wasn't enough dancing in this performance.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:18 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road