Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Alizée En Concert - the Best performances in your opinion [01-17]?
L'Alize 3 30.00%
Hey! Amigo! 0 0%
Toc de mac 0 0%
J'en Ai Marre 0 0%
Lui ou toi 0 0%
Gourmandises 1 10.00%
L'e-mail a des ailes 1 10.00%
Mon maquis 1 10.00%
J.B.G. 0 0%
Moi... Lolita 3 30.00%
Amélie m'a dit 0 0%
Parler Tout bas 0 0%
C'est trop tard 0 0%
Youpidou 0 0%
Tempête 1 10.00%
À contre-courant 0 0%
J'ai pas vingt ans 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2021, 09:53 PM

Noppo555 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
I have this "problem", psychosis™, ��maybe just because... I like both sexy, even naughty, but also very loving, feminine and family-oriented women = all this is easily found in Alizée, especially according to what she herself wants to be and how she performs!!!!

Oh, btw, I think I've said before how I found Alizée by going through the Internet and finding a photo from one of her earlier photoshoots. I really never paid too much attention to people I've never met (famous or not), until I saw that single photo of her; my first thought was that she's the sweetest person I've ever seen (or at least she seemed as so), which got me into looking who she was. After that, by using reverse search, I found the entire photoset and couldn't stop being mesmerized by her face, about how feminine and sweet she seemed.

Now, there's a ton of beautiful women anyone can look up on the Internet, but no other has caused the same kind of impression that single photo did on me: Is it because she's pretty and seemingly sweet, that is while still being seemingly approachable (in some abstract way)? I have a loving and cute girlfriend and here where I live, you can find a ton of other hotties, but she (Alizée) left such a big impression on me just from a single photo.

I think she's just naturally charming, femenine and seems sweet (homely); specially when she smiles.

I would trade my qt-pi for a clone of Alizée (appareance-wise) in a heartbeat .
Old 09-08-2021, 05:15 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppo555 View Post
Oh, btw, I think I've said before how I found Alizée by going through the Internet and finding a photo from one of her earlier photoshoots. I really never paid too much attention to people I've never met (famous or not), until I saw that single photo of her; my first thought was that she's the sweetest person I've ever seen (or at least she seemed as so), which got me into looking who she was. After that, by using reverse search, I found the entire photoset and couldn't stop being mesmerized by her face, about how feminine and sweet she seemed.
So its her face then, right? Its something about her face.

Everything about Alizee is different; her looks are different, her personality is different, even her voice is different. The "Alizee effect" is a combination of all three--- but I think its her face more than the other two.

Quote:
Now, there's a ton of beautiful women anyone can look up on the Internet, but no other has caused the same kind of impression that single photo did on me: Is it because she's pretty and seemingly sweet, that is while still being seemingly approachable (in some abstract way)? I have a loving and cute girlfriend and here where I live, you can find a ton of other hotties, but she (Alizée) left such a big impression on me just from a single photo.
There is something unique about her facial features--- to me, she seems "average" and super-beautiful at the same time.

Another thing is eye contact. When most girls are photographed, there is a blank look in in the eyes--- a "deer in the headlights" look--- (it varies from one girl to another; in many cases, it is quite subtle.) But Alizee's eyes are alive--- it seems as if she is looking right at you. The "approachability" that you describe may stem from the eye contact.

Edit:

Quote:
Let's see...

The "Overall situation" of the votes cast is interesting after seven [7] votes!

I might be a little suprised that L'alize is already leading quite clearly - by three [3] votes!

Why suprise? I don't know, but I didin't set this performance very high(now on my list, even though the rankings on my lists change almost daily)! ...Maybe when the performance opened this amazing concert and all its beauty, it's already one valid reason!?

It will be exiting to see how this poll develops when and if more and more votes come over time!!!!!!!
Maybe its the way L'Alize is edited? The camera doesn't jump around as much; in addition, the camera seems to focus more exclusively on Alizee and less on the band than some of the other songs.

(In other words, L'Alize gives you "more Alizee" than the other songs.)

Maybe I'm wrong, I'll have to watch it some more, and compare it to the other videos.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 09-08-2021 at 05:15 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-08-2021, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
So its her face then, right? Its something about her face.
I wouldn't say it's only her face the attraction point. Her attractiveness is an aggregate of the whole: She poses in that photoshoot in such a charming and feminine way that's ensnaring; her face is attractive, she has loving eyes and a great smile.

I mean, I can Google something dumb as "most beautiful women on earth", but they all look exactly the same, following the same trends, even facial expressions and same poses (dead eyes and stoic poses); my gf is guilty of following these trends as well . They all look boring in a way and less feminine than Alizée in those photos and in every single piece of media you can find her in (even in interviews, recent or not).

Her face is truly beautiful and symmetrical (which I think adds to the attraction), but it isn't only her face that keeps you thinking about her compared to other women; doubt I would have been entrapped if she didn't smile or look so happy, sweet and feminine while posing for those photos. Come to think of it, she never looks bad or "ugly"; you can pause any video she's in, frame by frame, and she'll still look good in every single frame.

Does anyone have any pic or video where she doesn't look good? I've collected a ton of photos and I know they are mostly from professional photoshoots, but there's a bunch taken when she was distracted, performing or taken by non-professionnel photographers; there's isn't a single pic where she doesn't look good. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but the average person takes at least 9000 photos of themselves before deciding on one where they look half good.

Last edited by Noppo555; 09-08-2021 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: Grammar. My English is getting worse day by day.
Old 09-08-2021, 09:31 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sorry for being too off-topic, but it's kind of puzzling what makes her so attractive for some people. I guess different people want different kinds of attractiveness in a woman; some like "sexy" attractive, while others like "femenine (while still being modest) and homely" attractive (basically the ideal woman; I guess I'm not asking for much ). She SEEMS like that kind of person you know in the instant you talk to her, that she's someone special that you could spend decades together with; someone you would get married to in a heartbeat, without second thoughts. This is the kind of feeling I feel when I see older pics of her.
I think Alizee has all three of the attributes that you listed.

Alizee is extremely sexy without even trying. I want to make the distinction between sexy and trashy. I find trashy very unattractive, but there are the guys out there that like it, but it's not for me. Being sexy is not just about her body and how she moves it, but her personality and mannerisms, her voice tone and what she says, how she dresses and so on.

She is very feminine as well, but being feminine doesn't mean she can't be a strong woman. I think a secure, strong man wants a secure, strong female as a partner. The fact that Alizee can be a modern and a traditional woman at the same time is very attractive.

As far as "homely", I think we have some cultural differences in the meaning of that word. In the US, being homely means being unattractive, and I know you didn't mean that. But I think I know what you are talking about, that she is the type that men would like to have a long term (or permanent) relationship with, and I would agree with that.
Old 09-08-2021, 06:30 PM

Red face

Quote:
Her face is truly beautiful and symmetrical (which I think adds to the attraction), but it isn't only her face that keeps you thinking about her compared to other women; doubt I would have been entrapped if she didn't smile or look so happy, sweet and feminine while posing for those photos. Come to think of it, she never looks bad or "ugly"; you can pause any video she's in, frame by frame, and she'll still look good in every single frame.

Does anyone have any pic or video where she doesn't look good? I've collected a ton of photos and I know they are mostly from professional photoshoots, but there's a bunch taken when she was distracted, performing or taken by non-professionnel photographers; there's isn't a single pic where she doesn't look good. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but the average person takes at least 9000 photos of themselves before deciding on one where they look half good.
I edited this comment to fix my horrible English redaction skills and then added a late realization .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Being sexy is not just about her body and how she moves it, but her personality and mannerisms, her voice tone and what she says, how she dresses and so on.
That's what I mean by feminine and by trying to differentiate that word from sexy. She's extremely feminine in that sense, from her personality and mannerisms (how she expresses herself verbally and non-verbally) down to how she dresses. It's kind of hard to put it into words or enumerate it, there's so many things that embark being feminine, but it all just comes naturally to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
As far as "homely", I think we have some cultural differences in the meaning of that word. In the US, being homely means being unattractive, and I know you didn't mean that. But I think I know what you are talking about, that she is the type that men would like to have a long term (or permanent) relationship with, and I would agree with that.
Yeah, that is exactly what I meant. I'm not sure if I'm biased after seeing every single performance of hers (), but when I first found her, I couldn't stop thinking how beautiful and sweet (cute and somehow modest) she looked after seeing a single photo.

Sorry for ruining your thread, AlizéeSuperFanFIN. I should have made my own .
Old 09-09-2021, 03:54 AM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:

(In other words, L'Alize gives you "more Alizee" than the other songs.)

Maybe I'm wrong, I'll have to watch it some more, and compare it to the other videos.
Good attention too...!

Also, it looks like that white outfit is a favorite of many, but it also evokes opinions in both directions!

Quote:
Sorry for ruining your thread, AlizéeSuperFanFIN. I should have made my own .
No problem, yes, this is related to the subject - and no one else seems to get these awesome performances - quite understandably - listed in the ranking list order...!

This was a Quick Reply... I'll get back to the topic when I have time.

Alizée 💜
Old 09-09-2021, 09:14 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It's kind of hard to put it into words or enumerate it, there's so many things that embark being feminine, but it all just comes naturally to her.
There is no need to try to put into words everything. There is a mystery to attraction that cannot be explained.

Edit:

Quote:
12. Mon maquis

This is actually one of my favorites and both the song and the performance at the same time! While it may be a slightly more special genre for Alizée! Also, for some reason, I’ve now listened to this song quite a bit in recent months! But I could put it higher, even really much higher, but maybe this weirdness of the genre only puts the show in 12th place! In this performance, I still love Alizée’s movements and great dancing with the band members, one of the best interactions at the concert! This is probably a slightly more special genre and performance for Alizée, maybe even harder at first, but damn, she handles it 100% and really happily!
So, I never did comment on the song I voted for, and this was the one.

This song has really grown on me over the years. The En Concert video of it is fantastic, but since one gets fixated on Alizee in the video, the underlying song takes a back seat. Listening to just the song on the album really brings out the brilliance of the arrangement. Yes, it is a little rap-ish but I would not go as far as calling it a rap song. The percussion is very prominent, especially in the middle part of the song. It is easy to get lost in the instrumental portion of the song and Alizee's soft voice makes it very easy to listen to.

In the En Concert video, Alizee is of course very beautiful singing from the steps of the shoe. Alizee dancing around the drummer is one of the most epic moments in En Concert in my opinion. I really don't know how the drummer kept his composure and didn't mess up the beat. She sways to the front of the stage and is met by the backup singers for another great scene, then walks off stage while the lead guitar plays his solo. Just a great video.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 09-09-2021 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-09-2021, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
T
By the way, what is she saying? (Especially that last part):

Merci!
Voudrai chant encore...
Vous et tu.... (??????)

This video has the English translation of things she said between songs.
The text is embedded in the video and not closed captions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19kg...ew?usp=sharing
sub50.jpg

ENGLISH TRANSLATION
"Thank you for your warm welcome. You make my heart beat strongly and I hope we spend a great time together.
All of you, I'd like you to salute my dancers.
Are you with me?
I'm asking you to applaud loudly my musicians.
Olivier on the guitar.
Gil at the second guitar.
Jean-Philippe at the keyboard.
My two chorusers, Brenda and Valerie
Philippe at the bass guitar
Jean-Marie at the keyboard
The musical director, the drummer, Loic
Thanks to Laurent for my little ears
Thank you Fred for the lights
Thank you Stephen for the sound
Thanks to all the technicians working on this tour
Thank you Thierry
Thank you Valerie for the choreographies
A huge thank you to the public."

Last edited by Bamagirl; 09-10-2021 at 08:10 PM..
Old 09-10-2021, 04:35 PM

Elise is on a distinguished road

Quote:
By the way, what is she saying? (Especially that last part):

Merci!
Voudrai chant encore...
Vous et tu.... (??????)
Here’s (my transcript of) what she is saying in the part you ask specifically from 6:45.

In French:
Merci !
Vous voulez chanter encore ?
Vous êtes sûr ?

En anglais :
Thank you!
Do you want to sing again?
Are you sure?

Hope that helps.

Thank you for posting your video Bamagirl! That is surely useful for reading a full translation into English. I didn’t know such a version existed.
Old 09-10-2021, 07:54 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Cool

Return to Noppo555's messages and add comments related to those analyzes...

Practically... Almost everything has been said about Alizee’s charm, attraction and other wonders - or we’ve wondered about them - we really need the help of top scientists, although even they can hardly help, we’re talking about a supernatural thing...

But this is exactly the thing at Alizée that will culminate at least for me in this gorgeous and amazing En Concert concert tour! That’s why it’s important to talk about Alizée’s incredible qualities and features at En Concert!

Okay "I met" Alizée, as many already know, for the first time thanks to JEAM... It was a clear arrow of love that bitten me quickly and really deep, so to speak! But was it Alizée "really", that is, only in that one moment? But let's get back to it soon!

Let’s think in the same way first of the performances of the early years (ML, L’Alize) etc... She’s hell hot in them, how is that even possible? She is still so young but impossibly attractive!! Same question: Was Alizée a completely genuine self Alizée in these performances... or a daydream made for us?

Then comes the "notorious" addictive era of JEAM, JPVA, etc... she is already such an incredibly sexy and gorgeous "knockout woman" that there are no words or synonyms for it!!

Alizée lures all innocent men into a trap... She still does it, thanks to Youtube! A trap from which it is very difficult to ever get out, but still some have escaped... Mostly impatient young men.

Because no era, of course, lasts forever... I think even I could have been "fed up" [Well... I might exaggerate ] if I had just watched it and those few other uber-sexy shows all the time...

But then everything on my own journey of discovery was definitely crowned by En Concert! As I’ve said in my “psychosis” thread it eventually changed everything and I became the ultimate real “Alizée crazy”... I already had that madness ready, but this concert recording was the last turning point!

Thanks to En Concert... I got into and ended up in such massive shackles in Lilytown’s very secure bunker that I will never get out of there! It made me realize what Alizée really was!

The fact that, for example, the JEAM performances initially caused an incredibly positive immediate shock and, frankly, "primitive lusts", then the whole En Concert caused something completely different...

...It was a bit like a miniature sample of what Alizée really is!

If her background staff made Alizée practically a men’s dream, etc in the early years, En Concert was something new and different! And nothing more than a better direction overall!

While Alizée was, of course, and definitely a big dream for men at En concerts too, and her outfits were still very sexy, but also more moderate, now she was much more - much more versatile! And already more independent!

It is said that after En Concert, Alizée moved from her childhood and youth career to adult career, etc. and left her mentor! It may have been inevitable in part because of the history of that early years...

That's what happened, and it's bitterly sweet at the same time...

Some consider it a bad thing, others don’t! I myself belong more to the latter group...

Lolita had to leave the stages and Lolita also left!

I find the sad thing at this turning point just that these great concerts were no longer held anymore and all over the world!

Alizée 💜

Last edited by AlizéeSuperFanFIN; 09-10-2021 at 08:14 PM..

Tags
alizee, concert, poll, ranking, review