Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-01-2021, 02:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Red face

This is an interesting "problem"!

AA is becoming more and more international and has members around the world...

Still, Alizée America is also a trusted brand in the Alizée world!

In fact, it’s really just one of the only big fan brands today.

And it’s good that we’re active here if, for example, a decent “Alizée Comeback,” would happen someday!

However, that "Alizée International" in Mr C's message is also good.

In fact, sometimes somewhere here I “planned”... It would be great if, for example, there was a large fan community around AA and the forum had both “international” and “America” forum areas, etc ...!

Alizée 💜
Old 10-02-2021, 07:30 AM

Elise is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with Ben. Since Scruffy was getting the CDs for Alizée America, they probably just assumed it was a home for her American fans. I mean that would be logical from the name of the forum. Why would they seek to exclude fans of Alizée who happened to be not American, I don’t think that was their intention.

Quote:
I've gotten Alizée to say "hello to Alizée America" four times If she doesn't see out name anymore, she might think we've gone under like other forums have.
Surely Alizée has other things to do than checking on what fan forums she might have? Just guessing but I doubt she has visited this site.
Old 10-02-2021, 08:34 AM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Red face

Nor do I think it was anything but a mere assumption... ... So yeah, because the name is AA, so "it's American, of course"!

I am also researching the establishment of AF, and apparently it was founded as early in the early 2000s...

Perhaps through it, the Americans have also partially discovered Alizée and then this AA has finally been established and opened.

But still, I wonder how it has been possible when Alizée practically didn’t market herself there at all! It must also be remembered that at the beginning of the 2000s, many did not yet have the Internet and Youtube was quite different [worse] than it is now!

Alizée 💜
Old 10-02-2021, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

From Wikipedia:
"YouTube is an American online video sharing and social media platform owned by Google. It was launched in February 2005 by Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, and Jawed Karim. It is the second most visited website, with more than one billion monthly users...who collectively watch more than one billion hours of videos each day...As of May 2019, videos were being uploaded at a rate of more than 500 hours of content per minute."
Old 10-02-2021, 02:35 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise View Post
Surely Alizée has other things to do than checking on what fan forums she might have? Just guessing but I doubt she has visited this site.
I think her daughter Annily was checking out the forum a few months ago. (Unless it wasn't really Annily.)

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
I am also researching the establishment of AF, and apparently it was founded as early in the early 2000s...
We need to get the exact year / date the forum was started. (There should be a simple way to do this?)

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 10-02-2021 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-02-2021, 03:21 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
....................But still, I wonder how it has been possible when Alizée practically didn’t market herself there at all! It must also be remembered that at the beginning of the 2000s, many did not yet have the Internet and Youtube was quite different [worse] than it is now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
From Wikipedia:
"YouTube is an American online video sharing and social media platform owned by Google. It was launched in February 2005 by Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, and Jawed Karim. It is the second most visited website, with more than one billion monthly users...who collectively watch more than one billion hours of videos each day...As of May 2019, videos were being uploaded at a rate of more than 500 hours of content per minute."
So Youtube started in 2005. I remember too that "Google videos" was a popular source of music video, maybe more so than YT in the beginning and it may have been through them that I discovered Alizée because their pages had similar set upsl.

Another great source of videos called Napster, saw it's beginning around the same time as Alizée's career did. It opened on June of 1999. You could get just about anything out there as far as audio and video. You knew it was too good to be true and wouldn't last long and they were sued and had to shut down in July of 2001. I wonder if any of Alizée's music made it onto their platform?
Old 10-02-2021, 03:59 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I think her daughter Annily was checking out the forum a few months ago. (Unless it wasn't really Annily.)

Edit:

We need to get the exact year / date the forum was started. (There should be a simple way to do this?)
Well, what would be the way to get an exact Opening Date?

Probably impossible unless someone who was an active "witness" at the time is here and tell us?

But according to the short study I already did... It turned out that as early as March 2001, there was a place for Alizée fans called AF.

So it can be said that very early AF was on the move anyway...

Given the timing of Alizée’s breakthrough and the fact that the internet wasn’t even very widespread yet, at least in Europe in general?

Alizée 💜
Old 10-02-2021, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post

After doing a search in "Members," searching for for join date, and adding in a range of from 2005-01-01 to 2006-12-30, it looks like the earliest date was 2006-06-06. So, D-Day looks to be the birth date of Alizée America! The fact that it was the join date of "admin" I think proves it.

AA birth date75.jpg

Last edited by Bamagirl; 10-03-2021 at 10:14 AM..
Old 10-02-2021, 05:24 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
After doing an search in "Members," searching for for join date, and adding in a range of from 2005-01-01 to 2006-12-30, it looks like the earliest date was 2006-06-06. So, D-Day looks to be the birth date of Alizée America! The fact that it was the join date of "admin" I think proves it.

Attachment 3677
I think Mr Cocou spoke and meant the Alizée-forum [AF], at least I myself commented on it when it has been discussed a lot in the thread [although the subject is AA ].

And yes, it is the opening moment of AA if the system is similar to the phpbb platform system.

Alizée 💜

Last edited by Bamagirl; 10-03-2021 at 10:15 AM..
Old 10-02-2021, 06:13 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

If you contact Renaud Roux, on FB, he might be able to tell you about the history of AF. I believe he also had (has?) the server for that forum.