Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-12-2022, 05:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Talking Your best Alizée moment?

Damn, I've actually written this opening post twice already, but both times I've been waiting for the topic to be published and those texts have disappeared somewhere. So I don't remember exactly what I wrote... But let's rewrite it now:

Well, some have been able to collect these moments for almost 22 years, and I too for a year and a half!

In other words, what is the best moment you have experienced when we talk about Alizée?

Everyone probably has different moments, so no answer can be wrong!

Most of the current forum members are fairly new, so it’s safe to look for those moments in unit form, so one and the best moment would be in search!

Then luckily there are also real forum veterans here, like Scruffy, who have and can even have concrete meetings and similar moments... So if someone in the thread can’t say only one and the best moment, because there are more moments, then of course anyone can also tell a few best moments, etc...

And then of course we can also discuss these different moments, if needed!

Alizée 💜
Old 02-12-2022, 06:45 PM

Alizée-Nederland is on a distinguished road
Talking Your best Alizée moment?

Too many best moments. OK, OK, I'll pick just two.

When I arrived in Paris in August 2000 and was on every poster wall and in (magazines in) all kiosks and her music was being played by literally every few shops and street vendors who were selling her CDs.

And last September at her performance in Paris when I was right in front of the stage filming.

Old 02-12-2022, 07:04 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizée-Nederland View Post
Too many best moments. OK, OK, I'll pick just two.

When I arrived in Paris in August 2000 and was on every poster wall and in (magazines in) all kiosks and her music was being played by literally every few shops and street vendors who were selling her CDs.

And last September at her performance in Paris when I was right in front of the stage filming.

Guess what, I almost guessed what you will answer!

Well, obvious, ​because you seem to be one of the few active here who have actually gotten so close!

I'll come back to mine a little later, that's clear to me too!

Alizée 💜
Old 02-12-2022, 07:29 PM

okaberintarou is on a distinguished road

This performance for me

Last edited by okaberintarou; 02-16-2022 at 02:14 AM..
Old 02-15-2022, 05:14 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaberintarou View Post
It's a great show!

If you may ask, did you perhaps find Alizée for the first time through that performance/video?

Alizée 💜
Old 02-15-2022, 06:20 PM

I saw her for the first time on tv long before I got internet.

I clearly remember seeing this moment (at 4:03)

When Laurent Boyer (the presenter), ask Kad Merad (the bold guy) if he has any advice for her future career, he answers:

"J'ai aucun conseil à lui donner, qu'est-ce que tu veux que je te dise Laurent.
Elle chante super bien, elle est très mignonne, et.....voilà"

(I don't have any advice to give her, what do you want me to say Laurent.
She sings very well, she's very cute, and......voilà)

I remember her smile following that answer (at 4:05)

But I might have seen her before and don't remember it.

Edit:

Btw, why does my video link doesn't appear like yours ?
I'm using the "insert link" function though.
Is it because I used "quick reply" ?

Last edited by okaberintarou; 02-16-2022 at 02:16 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-15-2022, 07:55 PM

Alizée-Nederland is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaberintarou View Post
Btw, why does my video link doesn't appear like yours ?
It only works for http (not https) full YouTube links

so http:// www. youtube.com/watch?v= ... (without spaces)

Old 02-16-2022, 02:16 AM

Thank you very much, I've edited my past comments
Old 02-16-2022, 04:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Smile

My best Alizée moment!? I was deliberately waiting for this very moment, because now is the 16th day!

So on February 16, 2022, it’s been about exactly one and a half years since I found Alizée!

And yes, it is definitely my best Alizée moment!

= I'm 99.99% sure no normal thing can change it anymore, not even if I meet her or watch her live performance!

Only if I could find a time machine and get to see En Cencert, that best moment would change!

Because so much changed when I found Alizée through this video!

It really annoys me when I don’t properly remember what happened, I got so confused!

But thanks youtube!

And... But that first time is definitely and Guaranteed my number one Alizée moment, and luckily it was exactly that video and performance/show!

Alizée 💜

Last edited by AlizéeSuperFanFIN; 02-16-2022 at 04:46 PM..
Old 02-17-2022, 08:31 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Where do I begin?
I've experienced a few.
There was a moment I visited the Triage-Lavoire building in Belgium. It was quite the moment when I was driving down that last road of my journey, listeniing to ACC, then the building appears in the background. That same day, I was walking around the building, looking for a way in, but everything was locked up. Then I noticed a crate here, a part of a fence there. Next thing you know, voila, I was in, following her footsteps, seeing her fingerprints. That was a great feeling.
Of course there was the private autograph session she had for her Alizée America fans. What a moment it was when Ben sent me a message saying Alizée was going to be hosting that event for us! Then being there, I was kind of lost in the moment. I was trying to record video with a camera that kept zooming in without me touching it! I was trying to take pictures, but it was the woman from the tv station that brought me back to reality when she asked me what it was like to meet Alizée. It was like a hard slap in the face, making me realize the beautiful woman who had changed my life was sitting right across the table from me! Great moment!

There was the time I went to the Les Enfoires show in Lyon. This was the first LE show I went to. Me and an Alizée forum member from Germany (Bernd) met up and we sat in the stands near the left of the stage. About an hour or more into the show, we heard some type of commotion down at ground level in front of us. Next thing you know, we see Alizée and Mimi coming up in the stands and they stopped at a point that was about 6 feet (2 meters) away from me. To be that close to her and see her singing was amazing. That was a great moment as was the whole show, seeing her participate in so many things such as her duet with Claire Keim. Just a great show.

In the past I also spoke about the problems I had with the camera I was using. I had borrowed a camera from my brother in law because it had a higher zoom factor. Well one thing I didn't realize until it was too late was with most cameras, to change the resolution, you have to press one buttton, that brings you to a menu, that leads you to another menu, where you have to enter your mother's maiden name, your high school's mascot, all the numbers to the 10th digit in pi, then it may let you change the res. With this camera, all you had to do it touch or should I say accidently bump one button on the outside and it would bring the camera to it's lowest resolution and that's what happened to me with Alizée standing and singing 6' away from me. Tremendous disappointment when I got back to the hotel.

An unrelated story, to best moments anyways, was when I received word from Ben that Alizee was going to have a private autograph session for us, I remember seeing a photo of Roman at one of her shows in rumply pair of blue jeans and t shirts. For those who don't know Roman, he was a young fan from California who had an image of Alizée tattoed on his back and at the previous autograph session for Psych, he had taken his shirt off and shown it to her and got quite a reaction.

But I remember seeing that image of Roman in the stands and I said I'm not going to show up in blue jeans and a t shirt. I wanted her to be proud of her fans so I had that shirt made up you saw me wear when I met her. But it wasn't until I went to a Les Enfoires show that I realized why Roman was dressed the way he was. I had been to concerts before in the states, but one where you had to wait at most about an hour to get in. With the first LE show I attended in Lyon, it was open seating, so to get a good seat, you had to get there early. So I believe I got there around 9 am for a show for which they opened the doors up at 6pm. It was winter as it always is for these shows, so you have to wear a lot of warm clothes, something to make it comfortable to sit on the ground with, food. So everybody has a large bag of stuff. Then when you get in side, compared to the outside, it's sweltering and you want to strip down to your skivvies. So Now I understood why Roman looked the way he did.

Les Enfoires was such a great part of her life for us fans imo. I got a few pictures of her looking at "us". I was with about 5 other fans of her from Europe. One time Garou ratted us out and told her there were several people who were only focused on her. There was the time where she was the cotton candy lady where she gave us a little wave behind the glass

There was the autograph session in Ajaccio where it seemed I had an "exclusive".
The meeting at the dance studio was a great moment too. I had sent them messages through the FB page for the studio, asking if it was okay to stop by and never got a reply. When I got to Ajaccio, I had the woman at the hotel call them to ask if it was okay for me to stop by but they didn't answer her calls. Why? Was it there phone had caller id and they knew????

So I went to the studio, not knowing what to expect, not knowing if they were open, not knowing if they would be bothered by me interrupting their operation. So I got there and started climbing the stairs. I got to a point where I couuld see over the wall surrounding the stairs and I saw Alizée and she smiled. I wrote about what happened before. They were very nice to me, greeted me warmly, but still I didn't know if I was being intrusive, a bother to them, a pain in the b**t, but then I turned to leave and as I was walking towards the stairs, Alizée caught up with me and shook my hand. That little gesture on her part was so meaningful for me. Even if I was a bother for them, she recognized the fact that a fan had come from far away out of his and others devotion for her and this was a small way of thanking that fan.

As lucky as I've been to either see her and meet her so many times, I think the number one moment concerning this subject is when I saw the music video of her performance in Amsterdam for the first time. One night, I had watched "La Isla Bonita", then I asked myself, "Who is this Alizée?", then did a search and clicked upon Alizée's performance in Amsterdam. What a performance. So much physicl beauty, beauty of dance, of voice and so much charm. The charm is the key thing. Look at Julia who is a very beautiful young woman, with a great voice, being supplied by the music making machine of MF/LB. She doesn't have the charm, doesn't have that look in the eye that Alizée has. That's something that can't be manufactured or bought. I was up all night when I saw that video. I could have never imagined she had another great song and then another and another. After watching ML all night, I couldn't have imagined that there were so many great songs and performances by her. So I'd have to say that moment when I saw ML in Amsterdam was the greatest moment for me because it opened up a world of wonderful music and meetings.

I took all these picture except for the one of me shaking her hand. My 15 minutes of fame.

Attachment 3848

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-02-2022 at 02:21 PM..