Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd8869 View Post
I kinda feel if we rush her,, she may just sign real quick and send them without the names on them
My only worry is if she was given the list of names that day! If she does have it then she probably will personalize them
Old 04-11-2013, 02:28 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
My only worry is if she was given the list of names that day! If she does have it then she probably will personalize them
I bet its with all the CDs and either Fnac or Sony. So hopefully the 2 meet up and sign em I'm very patient though, its Scruffy I'm worried about that will have a Lilly Attack if he stops breathing so much
Old 04-15-2013, 07:40 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Ray just informed me about a picture Alizee has just posted!

Ray had noticed that they looked like they had been unwrapped.

Why in the world would she unwrap them???????????? Could it be............................................nahh hhhhhhh.

I'm not the type of person to go around saying I told you so, and so I will absolutely resist the urge now, to say I told you so, here. Not gonna happen.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...4&l=47c2bd50a7

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-15-2013 at 07:51 AM..
Old 04-15-2013, 07:51 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Ray just informed me about a picture Alizee has just posted!

Ray had noticed that they looked like they had been unwrapped.

Why in the world would she unwrap them???????????? Could it be............................................nahh hhhhhhh.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...4&l=47c2bd50a7

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
today she has no "work" ... so maybe its day D

Old 04-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

So is this good news?

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 04-15-2013, 08:55 AM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Have to say that looks very promising. Really hope it all works out ok after all your hard work Scruffy
Old 04-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

legitttt

looks pretty promising now

---------------------------------------------------

Old 04-15-2013, 04:08 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

It may be her way of letting us know she is doing it, without drawing a lot of attention to the fact.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:37 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I've said a few times in the past years, that it's funny how things work out some times.

Well one thing only a couple of people here know about is when I was over in Paris, the morning of the signing, I made the mistake of opening up an e mail I shouldn't have. I have an e mail account that uses my first and last names in addition to my main account. Sometimes when I'm at work, if I see a picture or an article I want to view on my desktop, I'll e mail it to myself using the other address. Well I recieved an e mail addressed to my first and last names, but it wasn't from that e mail account. I should have realized it, but didn't and I opened it and it started sending out e mails to everyone in my address book.

So that day of the signing, every thing had been rushed because of the late notice of where it would take place. I thought that morning that instead of waiting until way after the fact, I should do something to thank Alizee today, for what she was attempting to do, even if it didn't work out. So I went with Jake and Ray to find a thank you card. After a very pleasent exchange at a store near by, I picked one out that said merci on the cover. I enclosed a check that was to be for something of what I thought would be a private nature for her. I didn't know if she would approve of it, so what I attempted to do when we arrived at the autograph session that afternoon was explain to the woman manager at FNAC, so she could explain it to Alizee and hopefully get her approval.

Well the private session didn't happen and I didn't want to give it to her in puplic, not knowing what her reaction might be.

Well I met with the Sony rep that night and she said Alizee might meet with us afterwards. That didn't happen. She said it might happen later in the week, so I cancelled my plans and stayed in Paris. I took her aside as I did with the fnac manager and explained about the gift I had for Alizee from AlizeeAmerica. She said she'd check into it.

Well after the signing, I found out about what was happening with my e mail and I had no choice but to send out a notice to everyone in my address book that had in the title of this e mail, to not open any e mails from me.

I had received an e mail from the Sony rep that she had received several e mails from me and that was the last I heard from her. I tried using my gmail account to contact her, but to no avail.

Most of you know me fairly well. This gift to Alizee was a generous one in the name of this forum, that I was going to keep private. I might have contacted a few members who I know would have wanted to contribute and would have also kept this private.

So I eventually returned home and made a couple of more tries to get in touch with her.

Then this monday, I arrive home from work and get a message from Ray that Alizee has posted a picture of what was probably our cds. Then I go to the Boston marathon and what happened, happened. It was so tragic to hear of the 8 year old boy who was killed; his younger sister who lost a leg; thier mother who suffered a brain injury, and they were from an area I used to live in. Then word today that 2 brothers, aged 31 and 33, who recently lost their jobs, each lost a leg.

So what I want to do at this point is send the gift I wanted to send to Alizee, to the victims of this tragedy in her name. I'd still like to send a matching donation to the original cause, but unless I hear from her or Sony, I guess that wont happen.

Now I had planned to donate a couple of hundred dollars to one of the charities that are being set up for the victims before I thought of this. Now the gift I was going to give to Alizee on behalf of this forum was much larger. Now you members who are relatively new here, might think this kind of shallow I'd guess you call it, of me.

Well before I found out about Alizee, I had gone through 7 years of depression. Even when I'd be going on vacation to some place like Cabo san Lucas, I'd be so depressed, I'd have trouble getting packed in time. I could go on and on about this but I'm just going to say that it all ended that day I found out about Alizee. Over 6 years of incredible enjoyment is what she has brought into my life. You cant put a price tag on that. A couple of weeks ago, a fellow mechanic asked me why I was so happy all the time. I told him if you want to really find the answer to that question, you better start your search some where outside of the U.S. He knew what the answer was. But what she has meant to me is why I did what I did with the radio commercials. That's why I was generous with the gift to Jean Baptiste's family and that is why I was being generous here.

So maybe the failed private session was meant to be, maybe the spam I picked up that kept me from commnunicating with the Sony rep happened for a reason, so I could make this donation to these people, many of whom are from my home town, who suffered so much from what happened here.

So I will make this donation in Alizée's name. I think she will be okay with that.

If by chance I get a note from the Sony rep saying it's okay to send the gift I had mentioned to Alizee, I will do that too.

One other thing I think I'll mention on this occassion is I mentioned briefly in another post about taking care of something I had promised to do when I was in Paris. It was something of a religous nature and I know that bothers some people here so I didn't go into details then, but I will here.

One thing that happened on those extra days in Paris is I'm catholic. I seldom go to church, but I do believe. Well that unfinished business was I had said in an earlier thread after finding out that little boy in Ajaccio that we had made the donation for had died, I said I'd stop in and say some prayers for him. In a Catholic church, for a small donation, you can light candles in an offering to a particular saint who you want to pray to for your particular cause. So in this case I bought 3 candles; one was white for my parents, one was blue for Jean Baptiste and one was red for Alizee. I've done similar things for Alizee before in places like Taormina, Pistoia, Ajaccio, etc. When ever I do this, I usually put her candle in the rack as what I refer to is front row, center stage.

Like I said, I seldom go to church, but because I stayed in Paris the extra days, I wound up going to mass on Easter Sunday. Kind of ironic that due to Alizee, I went to a mass for the first time in quite a while. Like I said in the beginning; it's funny how things work out some times.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing your experience with us Dave... that reminds me of how lucky we are to have you here ... and that I should go to mass more regularly (not that easy when you're a med student though) .

I still pray for the CDs to be signed , shipped and received just as planned

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..