Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-10-2020, 02:15 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by comjoz View Post
By the way, where is Ray, our old AAm moderator (Ray4AJ)?
I haven't seen him ... since long ago. Does he occasionally visits the forum?
The truth of the matter is me and Ray had a major falling out and did I say major? It was more than that at least on my part but you have to know some Alizee America 101 to get the big picture.

I had been a member here a number of years when Ray came along. He was the type that steered away from arguments. He didn't like getting into controversy. He was very good at doing research. When Alizee was living in an apartment(condo?) with a view of the Blood islands, he found a listing of one the other units in that place. He seemed to be good at finding out similar info that is of public records but can be difficult to research from outside the country.

He was very popular with younger members having similar likes.

We use to e-mail each other all time. When I went to the autograph session in Ajaccio, I had her sign a few cds "From Alizee in Ajaccio". I gave Ray one of those. One time I found 3 Alizee posters on line which I bought and I sent one to him. There's been other things I've picked up in my travels I've shared with him. I work for a major airline and I offered to get him a good discount on a flight if there was a chance to go to see Alizee.

Then it was on my recomendation to MerciAlizee that he was made a mod.

So a couple of years ago, things were getting very slow in here and we only had a few active members and the few we had were close to Ray. Well Ray seemed to have his idea of how this forum should be run. We see new members come along and they often ask questions that are asked that many new members ask. The people who run this forum now don't care. If they want to ask a question that's been asked a thousand times so be it. With Ray, I feel he thought members should do their research in the forum for what ever question they had without asking a question in a thread, unless they could find their question hadn't been asked before. So you had to look through all the threads of the forum to see if your question had been asked before or you could ask your question in chat. As a consequence, all the conversations we see "now" taking place in the threads was taking place in chat.

I'd say 90% of what was being posted in here was being posted in chat. The problem with that is if a visitor comes to our home page or to our spy page, they don't see those conversations going on and it probably looks like another dead forum. Visitors don't see chat. Ray was anchored in chat. The few young members here who had things in common with Ray, stayed with Ray in chat.

As I said, we only had a few active members here. I was worried about the forum and so I asked Ray to have more conversations in the threads. He got sarcastic with me and he said Okay, then we'll sit back and see all the new members show up?. Well I went off on him in a huge, ugly way. The guy who steered away from controversy, the guy I did so much for stabbed me in the back. That was the 4th time I almost got banned.

But he left of his own accord. As you can easily see, the large majority of the conversations, now take place in the threads, where all visitors can see them.

I think he had been losing interest anyways and I think he had thoughts of leaving before but a couple of new members came along that he got along with so he stayed active, but when 'this' happened, it just caused him to do something he had been already thinking about.

He can come back if he wants. He was an good asset in different ways to this forum. But back then, he was really the only regularly active mod we had. Now there are 2 new sheriffs in town with their own views on how this place should be run. He wont hold sway over this forum anymore.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-10-2020 at 02:23 PM..
Old 05-10-2020, 04:01 PM

24Shepherd24 is on a distinguished road

Old question by Fall that's already been discussed in detail, but one I've thought about quite a few times.

Fall: Why doesn't Alizee follow this site?

I think it's because her English is not strong enough. Most of what she would find here would be incomprehensible. She knows we exist, that we're still faithful even after she left the business, but . . .
Old 05-10-2020, 06:02 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Shepherd24 View Post
Old question by Fall that's already been discussed in detail, but one I've thought about quite a few times.

I think it's because her English is not strong enough. Most of what she would find here would be incomprehensible. She knows we exist, that we're still faithful even after she left the business, but . . .
By "follow this site", I presume you mean reading the threads on the forum.

I don't think her English would be an issue. During the interview part on that recent TV program (on Polish TV), she was asked questions in English and she responded in French. So she can understand spoken English reasonably well. It is likely that her comprehension of written English would be even better than that. Her understanding of written English is probably good enough to understand the "gist" of what is being said.

I doubt that she would read the posts on the forum-- she would be very uncomfortable doing so. I'm quite shy, and if I were in Alizee's position, I would probably be unable to bring myself to look at the forum--- it would be too painful.

How about you? If you were in Alizee's position, how comfortable (or uncomfortable) would you be with reading the threads on the forum?

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
We have talked about the possibility that Alizee has visited the site, or even continues to visit the site. We have even thought that Annily lurks here, seeing what we have posted about her or what people say about her mother. Who knows, maybe even Greg?

I went a period of several months where I monitored guests on the site that had IP addresses of interest, and use a utility to trace them back to their location. It is common to have a hundred guests on the site at one time. Most are web crawlers, but a good number are lurkers. I've traced back guests to almost every area of the world, but none from Corsica.
Does the forum software keep a "log" of the ip addresses? How far back does the "log" go?

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 05-10-2020 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-11-2020, 06:45 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by comjoz View Post
By the way, where is Ray, our old AAm moderator (Ray4AJ)?
I haven't seen him ... since long ago. Does he occasionally visits the forum?
I will vouch for everything Scruffy had said in his response. You can view chat history for the spring/summer of 2018 to see how things progressed if you wish.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Does the forum software keep a "log" of the ip addresses? How far back does the "log" go?
Unfortunately, history of visits are not permanently stored. It would be a literal goldmine of data if it was.

At this moment, there are two members and 135 guests on this site. I have noticed a significant increase of guests online in the last year. They try to do everything: create private message, view user profiles, view threads, create threads, search forums. However, nearly all of these "guests" are Huawei bots, that are known to be pretty aggressive. They are blocked from completing what they are trying to do, but the fact that they are out there crawling through every nook and cranny of this site is concerning. The Microsoft bots and some others seem to just crawl through our threads for data to use for their search engines, but these Huawei bots are a different animal.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 05-11-2020 at 06:45 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-11-2020, 09:33 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Excellent thread…

Lots of really interesting points here…

Quote:
We have talked about the possibility that Alizee has visited the site, or even continues to visit the site. We have even thought that Annily lurks here, seeing what we have posted about her or what people say about her mother. Who knows, maybe even Greg?

I went a period of several months where I monitored guests on the site that had IP addresses of interest, and use a utility to trace them back to their location. It is common to have a hundred guests on the site at one time. Most are web crawlers, but a good number are lurkers. I've traced back guests to almost every area of the world, but none from Corsica.
I given this particular idea a lot of thought over that past few months, and then, it “hit” me…

It was a definite “doh” moment…

If she, or one of her family, visit us here, (and I would like to think they do, but can’t prove a thing), there could be a reason that she doesn’t leave any “footprints”, or “fingerprints”, that can be “found”, or “traced”, and that is, because Alizée, being “tech savvy” as we know she is, is using a VPN, and, in doing so, depending upon her “provider”, could literally appear to be connecting from just about anywhere in the world...

From a security standpoint it makes a lot of sense, for her to do so, and even I use one on both my phone and PC, if I’m doing anything other than just a bit of light browsing, or something…

We’d never know if she had/had been here, or not…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Maybe one of 'us' is secretly her just posing as a fan, and she's read everything on here
This is another good point…

There have been several posts, in several threads here, where members here have claimed that Alizée, or one of her family members, is a “member” here, and that they know who it is and have been sworn to “secrecy”, or “somesuch”, and aren’t telling, etc etc etc…

That’d be “cool”, “fine”, etc, for I don’t want to know…

Why, well, you know me, and my views on her “security”…

Would I like to “chat” to said person, absolutely, but, only if they approached me first, for they have a right to their privacy, and the absolute right to conduct their “normal everyday business”, so to speak, “unmolested”, “unhassled” and “untroubled” by such as me…

But, if they approached me, and indicated they wanted to “chat”, well then , you betcha…

If I knew that, say, some member of the forum was, in fact, Alizée, or a member of her family, would I divulge this info? Nope, I wouldn’t, for if they had a “want”, or “requirement”, to remain “undiscovered”, or “incognito”, for some reason, I would of course respect this…

Nice thought though, Alizée actually being here, but, it would probably be too much for some people to “handle”, and would end up just being… “undignified”...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Shepherd24 View Post

Well, we know, that she knows, that we are here…

As for her being able to “comprehend” the contents of the site, there are absolutely no problems there, regardless of her language skills, for “google translate” does a pretty good job when it translates items. “Select”, “Copy”, “Paste”, aaannndd, we’re “done”…

I’ve only ever had to make very very minor corrections when I’ve had to translate anything here into French, using “google translate”, and that was only because French is a bit “bassackward” sometimes…

Quote:
By "follow this site", I presume you mean reading the threads on the forum.

I don't think her English would be an issue. During the interview part on that recent TV program (on Polish TV), she was asked questions in English and she responded in French. So she can understand spoken English reasonably well. It is likely that her comprehension of written English would be even better than that. Her understanding of written English is probably good enough to understand the "gist" of what is being said.

I doubt that she would read the posts on the forum-- she would be very uncomfortable doing so. I'm quite shy, and if I were in Alizee's position, I would probably be unable to bring myself to look at the forum--- it would be too painful.

How about you? If you were in Alizee's position, how comfortable (or uncomfortable) would you be with reading the threads on the forum.
Well, I stand by anything that I’ve ever written, here. From what I can gather of her “sense of humour”, she would probably just laugh at most of my, emmm, “musings”…

Looking back further into some of the more “historical” content of the site, well, there are “stones” that would have been better not being “turned over”, so to speak…

Her response, after looking at some of these, would probably be something like, this, though mayhap slightly more “ladylike”…

Vis les gars, je rentre à la maison”…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTc3zcnIZOw

And, y’know. I really wouldn’t blame her, at all…

Last edited by RedRafe; 05-11-2020 at 10:09 PM..
Old 05-12-2020, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
Well, I stand by anything that I’ve ever written, here. From what I can gather of her “sense of humour”, she would probably just laugh at most of my, emmm, “musings”…

Looking back further into some of the more “historical” content of the site, well, there are “stones” that would have been better not being “turned over”, so to speak…

Her response, after looking at some of these, would probably be something like, this, though mayhap slightly more “ladylike”…

“Vis les gars, je rentre à la maison”…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTc3zcnIZOw

And, y’know. I really wouldn’t blame her, at all…
What I'm saying is that she doesn't seem like the kind of person who would want to look at the forum in the first place. She seems like the kind of person who would feel extremely self-conscious to observe all these people talking about her, even if the discussion is complimentary.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 05-12-2020 at 04:07 AM..
Old 05-12-2020, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:

How about you? If you were in Alizee's position, how comfortable (or uncomfortable) would you be with reading the threads on the forum?
That's a very good question, Mr Coucou. For myself, I don't think I would read it. If I did, I think I'd be very tempted to get involved with explaining myself, defending myself, answering questions and then being afraid my answers would be misunderstood, and then worrying that I wasn't thanking people enough for their compliments, or answering thoroughly, etc. It would be very stressful, at least for me. And that is without any issues that might arise from any language differences.
I do think I would be very interested, though, in the existence of the forum and I would probably try to ask someone close to me to check it from time to time and let me know the general activity/mood/gist of what was going on.
But then, I have never been a public person, much less a celebrity. Their sensitivity to publicity must be very different than that of the average person. Even someone known to value personal privacy, as Alizée does, also has to balance that with an understanding that she has a public persona and, especially if she ever desires to resume a public career, she would want to maintain it in some way. As has been pointed out in this forum, by Scruffydog and others, I am sure Alizée was coached in her early career to maintain a certain distance from her fans, and how to respond to them and how much to engage with (or not) fan mail, fan sites, etc.
Over all, we know that Alizée is aware of this forum and I can only assume she is appreciative of it--based on things like her willingness to say hi to the fans here (as Scruffydog has asked her to on more than one occasion) as well as thank us for our gift for Maggy's birth.
From Annily's perspective, though I think it could be very different. I know that if it was my mother, I would definitely want to read everything about what was being discussed about her. I would not feel a strong need to respond, probably, but I would have a sense of protectiveness and want to know what was being said. Perhaps Annily is too young to feel that way now, but at some point I would not be at all surprised if she visited the forum regularly--albeit most likely anonymously.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
The guy who steered away from controversy, the guy I did so much for stabbed me in the back. That was the 4th time I almost got banned.
I'm sorry you had that experience, Scruffydog. I know it must feel like a terrible betrayal. I just don't understand people who can be so disloyal and unappreciative.

Quote:
But he left of his own accord. As you can easily see, the large majority of the conversations, now take place in the threads, where all visitors can see them....
I agree 100% that the majority of conversations need to take place in the threads. The chat can serve its purpose, but if most of the conversation takes place there, I think that completely defeats the whole point of having this kind of forum.

Quote:
He can come back if he wants. He was an good asset in different ways to this forum. But back then, he was really the only regularly active mod we had. Now there are 2 new sheriffs in town with their own views on how this place should be run. He wont hold sway over this forum anymore.
It is gracious of you to say you have no problem with him coming back but, based on what you have described, I know that I, for one, would expect him to be respectful. If he wants to contribute and be positive, that would be fine, of course. I know we all welcome good, interesting and engaging members.

Last edited by Bamagirl; 05-12-2020 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-12-2020, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I've traced back guests to almost every area of the world, but none from Corsica.
I think it's fairly easy to get software that hides one's IP address. Rather, the IP address is made to appear as though it is originating from somewhere else. Especially since Corsica would be such a noticeable location (to us), I would imagine that if Alizée or one of her local friends or relatives did choose to monitor this site, they would likely want to do it with full anonymity. So, therefore, we'd likely see either a variety of random IP address from all over the world or perhaps a regular IP address from someplace other than Corsica.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
For myself, I don't think I would read it. If I did, I think I'd be very tempted to get involved with explaining myself, defending myself, answering questions and then being afraid my answers would be misunderstood, and then worrying that I wasn't thanking people enough for their compliments, or answering thoroughly, etc. It would be very stressful, at least for me.
I don't think Alizee would read the forum in the first place, under any conditions.

From Stars Au Grand Air in 2014:

Quote:
I am not somebody who adores herself.
When I look in the mirror I am not in ecstasy.
When I sing on TV, I never look at myself.
I don't know why.
Everybody has their complexes and their problems.

Someone who is averse to watching herself on TV would be averse to looking at a forum that is all about herself.

Edit:

Quote:
I do think I would be very interested, though, in the existence of the forum and I would probably try to ask someone close to me to check it from time to time and let me know the general activity/mood/gist of what was going on.
I tend to doubt that Alizee would even do that.

Edit:

Quote:
Over all, we know that Alizée is aware of this forum and I can only assume she is appreciative of it--based on things like her willingness to say hi to the fans here (as Scruffydog has asked her to on more than one occasion) as well as thank us for our gift for Maggy's birth.

I think she appreciates the gift, and in addition appreciates the forum itself. But I don't think she would want to actually look at the forum.

Edit:

Quote:
From Annily's perspective, though I think it could be very different. I know that if it was my mother, I would definitely want to read everything about what was being discussed about her. I would not feel a strong need to respond, probably, but I would have a sense of protectiveness and want to know what was being said. Perhaps Annily is too young to feel that way now, but at some point I would not be at all surprised if she visited the forum regularly--albeit most likely anonymously.

My guess would be that Annily has looked at the forum, but more out of curiosity than anything else.

I'm sure she's protective of her mom, but Annily seems like the kind of person who wouldn't take the forum too seriously.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 05-12-2020 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-12-2020, 11:26 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't think Alizee would read the forum in the first place, under any conditions…. ….My guess would be that Annily has looked at the forum, but more out of curiosity than anything else.

I'm sure she's protective of her mom, but Annily seems like the kind of person who wouldn't take the forum too seriously.
An “interesting”, “thoughtful” and “insightful” post...

As always, Mr Coucou, thank you...

“I am not somebody who adores herself.
When I look in the mirror I am not in ecstasy.
When I sing on TV, I never look at myself.
I don't know why.
Everybody has their complexes and their problems.”

I understand totally, what she feels, and is experiencing there, but, that specific time in 2014, mentioned, probably represented what could be regarded as a “watershed” point in Alizee's life. “Personally”, and in a way “professionally”, things had been at their “lowest point”, but unbeknownst to her, were about to change markedly, and, I think, for the better…

Life changes, people “heal”, and they move “forward”…

As I hope the “little” lady has…

The only “mirror”, that Alizée has to be concerned about, is her “loving husband”, and the only “reflection” she need take note of, is the one that she "sees in his adoring eyes", for therin she will see her "true value", and "worth", in essence, her “true self”…

Not some horribly “distorted self image” born out of “darkness”, and “despair”…

A measure of her true regard for herself can be seen in the shots that she posted, online, when she was pregnant with Maggy. These shots were utterly “candid”, they hid literally absolutely nothing, about her physically, and, as a person. She was absolutely open about it, utterly vulnerable, and I will admit to being totally astounded by them, when they were first posted…

They were just… “unprecedented”, for someone who was usually so “measured”, in the limits of her “social exposure”…

<Go back and review them, if you have to>

Now, in my view forget all of the previous “candyfloss” pics of Alizée, that you have ever seen, for in my very humble opinion, she was, in her pregnancy photos, at her most absolutely beautiful, that I have ever seen her. No, beautiful does not do these shots justice. “Just radiant”, does…

They were simply astounding, AND WE GOT TO SEE THEM…

The magnitude of the “thought”, “courage”, and “love”, behind the decision to post these pics, leaves me utterly awestruck...

This kind of “behaviour”, these “actions”, are not those of the kind of “fragile”, “broken flower” that is kind of depicted, in her interview…

She "healed", "grew up"…

Probably due to the “love”, “courage”, and “perseverance” of one, very special, lucky man, who will always have my utter respect, for that very thing…

<Karma, karma, karma, your ways, are so very strange >

So, I can’t see a "little" lady of this kind of "stature", not being able to come here, and "check us out", because she simply couldn’t stand to see what was written about her…

More like… she simply “didn’t give a shit”, or, we simply weren’t “relevant” to her life as it now stands, or, this is the one that is most likely, she simply doesn’t “have time”, for, from what I can gather, from “reading between the lines”, she lives a very busy, hectic, and maybe kind of “complicated” life, with very little real time for herself and her family, let alone time to “pamper” us, and everyone else that seems to “lay claim” to part of her...

So, don’t know if she has "been here", or not, and can’t/won’t try to prove otherwise, for I can truly prove nothing, either way, in a form that is going to satisfy “anyone/everyone”…

It would be sad to think “not”, but that, is “life”, which, at its best, is less than “ideal”…

Who knows, maybe one, utterly “blessed” day, “herself”, will just pop in, and say “hi”…

You never know, stranger things have happened, but I’m not holding my breath, just in case…

Last edited by RedRafe; 05-13-2020 at 12:44 AM..

Tags
chronology, dates, events, misc., questions, timeline