Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 07-17-2020, 10:44 PM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Just like we saw this video recently that had more back stage stuff and for some reason we are seeing more now. What's up?

My theory is enough time has passed that said insiders feel more comfortable releasing this type of stuff without having to get permission from 10 different copyright companies or something and Alizee's 20th's career anniversary helped spur along some enthusiasm to dig some old stuff up.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:50 PM

Alex Rien is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just like we saw this video recently that had more back stage stuff and for some reason we are seeing more now. What's up?
I think it was just a beginning and then we can expect a new album from our dream team.

https://www.futurpop.com/2020/07/05/...uSRGLA55Ee3ZEc

Last edited by Alex Rien; 07-17-2020 at 10:53 PM..
Old 07-17-2020, 11:44 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by imverynuts View Post
My theory is enough time has passed that said insiders feel more comfortable releasing this type of stuff without having to get permission from 10 different copyright companies or something and Alizee's 20th's career anniversary helped spur along some enthusiasm to dig some old stuff up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Rien View Post
I think it was just a beginning and then we can expect a new album from our dream team.

If it's over, why bother with releasing these old clips? The announcement of a couple of vinyls in December! Something is in the works.
Old 07-18-2020, 12:26 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If it's over, why bother with releasing these old clips? The announcement of a couple of vinyls in December! Something is in the works.
Quote:

This article was covered in another thread...

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...?t=8617&page=3

...and I did my best to dissect the information provided if you're interested in hearing it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
The article doesn't present any new information, more so covering a few things that could be interpreted as 'hints' of a new album. There are 3 things the article uses as evidence of this rumour; The Vinyl releases announced a few days ago, Alizee's performance of Moi Lolita and other songs on Jaka to Melodia, and her involvement with the Julia project.

Starting with the Julia project, as far as I know the only involvement Alizee had was helping out Julia with her choreography. Perhaps there was some more stuff going on behind the scenes, maybe Alizee gave some input on how the project should be marketed or how Julia should present herself based on Alizee's experience in a very similar situation, but any involvement of such would've been minimal I imagine.
I don't think Mylene asking Alizee to help out a bit for Julia's sake was too big of an ask or a hint of something more to come between Alizee and Mylene. I'm sure Alizee was simply happy to help out and that's as far as it went, though that's just what I'd interpret.

Then there's the performance of Moi Lolita on Jaka to Melodia. The article says she had announced a withdrawal from performing the song live some time ago, I don't know when that was but she also performed the song during the Warsaw 2018 concert. Did the announced withdrawal come some time after 2018? Because 1 and a half years is not very long of a break when she isn't doing many gigs anyway.
So perhaps there is something to this observation, though honestly I think it's more likely that Alizee backed down from what she'd said because gigs such as Jaka to Melodia would understandably want her to sing her most well-known song. If the singing of Moi Lolita at Jaka to Melodia and possibly also Warsaw is all part of some long-term scheme to drop hints at a new album that would be an incredible feat of planning that seems highly unlikely anyone would actually go through with.

And of course there's the announcement of the Vinyl Releases. Yes, it's being done under Sony and Requiem with Mylene seemingly part of the promotional material, but I'm not sure their involvement suggests anything new to come otherwise.
If anything, the two previous 'hints' at a new album may be true, but only to tease the release of the Vinyls rather than new music. All these examples are either partly of fully related to the MF & LB days with Alizee's first 2 albums. Of course it's possible that if there were to be a new album one day it could be in collaboration with MF and LB, but it would still need to be its own new thing.

So to sum up; the hints provided in the article don't substantiate too much if you look at the context behind them, and if they are intended to tease something new it may have just been for the Vinyl releases at the end of the year.

If this is all part of a long-term plan to drop hints at something bigger then well played. But that just seems too outlandish, especially considering how things like the birth of Maggy and Covid-19 can and have happened that have a major affect on Alizee's personal life. I think the article may be onto something, but that 'something' is more likely the Vinyl releases, perhaps some other promotional stuff but likely nothing more, but of course we'll just have to wait and see.

The release of unseen media may be another hint, but it doesn't seem to be coming from an official account. It's hard to know who's releasing these clips and what their intention is. Though that mystery does hint at a lot of possibilities.
More than anything I'm just happy to be getting new footage of her, if it leads to something bigger then that would be great but I'm unsure how likely it is.
Old 07-18-2020, 10:42 AM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't mean it's over. Heck, them releasing this stuff could be both they're less afraid/disinclined to release such stuff because of said reasons *and* that there's some behind the scenes consideration for another album

Last edited by imverynuts; 07-18-2020 at 10:55 AM..
Old 07-18-2020, 09:03 PM

Well I'm a little superstitious so I'll say I've been following her for a baker's dozen of years now. I'm sure there was a falling out between Alizee and MF, but that is now a thing of the past. The message MF sent to A&G's studio's first gala plus A&G helping out Julia with her dancing lessons shows they are on very good terms again.

Still the chances of Alizee working with MF again seemed very remote 6 months ago, then this Covid-19 came along and we also have the fact that Julia's new album does not seem to be burning up the charts.

With Alizee's first album, Moi Lolita was an international hit! L'Alize made it to number one! Gourmandises was another very good song.

Julia has everything Alizee had in fact I think she had more in the areas you think would matter most, but there are two things Alizee has that Julia doesn't and that is charm and that je ne sais quoi and in the right hands I feel she'd still do well.

So we have the Covid-19 virus. Alizee stuck at home looking for other sources of revenue with the studio closed.

Mylene, a song writing maching stuck at home, most likely spending her time writing more songs, but for who?

Then the announcement about a rerelease of Alizee's first two albums in vinyl in December? I feel there's more to it than that, maybe a few additional songs? If you're going to do that, you want to hang on to the many fans that are still out there. How do you do that. Maybe release some clips that haven't been seen before?

Film at 11.
Old 07-19-2020, 03:14 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well I'm a little superstitious so I'll say I've been following her for a baker's dozen of years now. I'm sure there was a falling out between Alizee and MF, but that is now a thing of the past. The message MF sent to A&G's studio's first gala plus A&G helping out Julia with her dancing lessons shows they are on very good terms again.

Still the chances of Alizee working with MF again seemed very remote 6 months ago, then this Covid-19 came along and we also have the fact that Julia's new album does not seem to be burning up the charts.

With Alizee's first album, Moi Lolita was an international hit! L'Alize made it to number one! Gourmandises was another very good song.

Julia has everything Alizee had in fact I think she had more in the areas you think would matter most, but there are two things Alizee has that Julia doesn't and that is charm and that je ne sais quoi and in the right hands I feel she'd still do well.

So we have the Covid-19 virus. Alizee stuck at home looking for other sources of revenue with the studio closed.

Mylene, a song writing maching stuck at home, most likely spending her time writing more songs, but for who?

Then the announcement about a rerelease of Alizee's first two albums in vinyl in December? I feel there's more to it than that, maybe a few additional songs? If you're going to do that, you want to hang on to the many fans that are still out there. How do you do that. Maybe release some clips that haven't been seen before?

Film at 11.

That's an idea I hadn't considered and might be somewhat feasible, releasing a few new bonus tracks as part of the Vinyls. What those bonus tracks would be I'm not too sure, maybe remixes or covers but possibly new songs too. Though I feel like it might clash weirdly mixing the existing albums with new bonus tracks, maybe there's a way it could work.
Hopefully if Alizee releases anything new she fully commits to it to make it a whole album. Pardon my language but a sort of half-assed attempt at a few songs I'm not sure would go down to well, maybe a new Album could be a bit shorter with 8-9 songs rather than the normal 10-12 and still work well.

Also as a side note Scruffy could you clarify what's meant by that last sentence 'Film at 11'?
Old 07-19-2020, 09:33 AM

Old 07-19-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
............Hopefully if Alizee releases anything new she fully commits to it to make it a whole album. Pardon my language but a sort of half-assed attempt at a few songs I'm not sure would go down to well, maybe a new Album could be a bit shorter with 8-9 songs rather than the normal 10-12 and still work well.

Also as a side note Scruffy could you clarify what's meant by that last sentence 'Film at 11'?
She definitely needs to hire a "good" manager to run what's going on if she hopes to see a meaningful level of success.

Film at 11.

In this country, a lot of times during the day if something news worthy happens, a television station will make a brief announcement of what happened then they'll say "Film at 11" which is when the full news program is on and you'll get the whole story.

So in the way I used it, it meant we'll find out later what's going on with Alizée.

Edit:

Quote:
It's good that we get to hear Annily's voice!

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-19-2020 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-20-2020, 09:25 AM

Tags
alizee, audio, download, link, misc, miscellaneous, queries, requests, sharing, video, videos