Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
I'd very much rather stay on the ground, thats where i can control ALL my movements. So you really wanna fly a raptor bad eh? Whats so luring about it anyway? I've heard of the lust for battle, but I've never heard of lust for battle in a plane. Is it both that attracts your attention? or is it flying in particular. Good thing you have a plan B. Btw, if you ever become smart enough to biuld an atomic bomb, call me first.
Whats so luring about being a fighter pilot huh
1. Your only flying some of the fastest an most advanced machines ever built by mankind.
2. Those insane Gs rushing through your buddy
3. Serving your country, after 9/11 I always wanted to protect my country from something like that.
4. Its in my blood. My Grandpa was a plane mechanic back in WWII for the Army Air Core (soon to be air force). He always wanted to fly but he could never keep his wings strait. He always wanted my dad to be a fighter pilot which is why he named my dad Eddie, after Eddie Rickenbacker (my hero). Before my dad ever told me this about my grandpa I had a lust to be a fighter pilot. In my year book from the 5th grade, it says I want to be an F-14 Tomcat pilot (the birds from top gun). I expressed enthusiasm for fighter jets way before the 5th grade and I have been loving them ever since for so long. I will not give up my dreams for something that is beyond my control.
5. after 9/11 when I was 10 years old NYC was a war zone. Army and Marine personal one the streets with M-16s loaded and F-16s and F-15s screaming over head. As a kid me and my friend would always scream when those birds flew over "Yeahhh America.................lets get em!!!!!!!!!!" I guess that made me want to fly even more.
6. Aviation is my passion, I would give up alizee completely for aviation
7. Always had an obsession for military hardware. Most of my toys as a kid had something military to do with them.

Quote:
Sorry, but this statement is not supported by any facts.
your right, but it is supported by a very big gut feeling here.
Also you keep saying the X-47. The X-47 isnt a fighter, its a lightweight bomber. Some may call it a fighter bomber at best which is what they call the now useless and soon to be if not already retired F-117 Nighthawk. It will never be intended to dog fight dreamer. They dont have a UAV that will dog fight on the drawing boards yet.
Quote:
The x-47 reminds me of a blackbird
I loved the SR-71 Blackbird as a kid but how do the X-47 and the blackbird remind you of each other? Do you mean the F-117 Nighthawk or the B-2 Spirit becuase those are very closely related to the X-47.

this is a SR-71 Blackbird. Strait from the 1960s, set the fastest ever recorded air speed. Shes a high altitude spy plane.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 11-05-2008 at 06:44 PM..
Old 11-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Would be actually pretty cool to do offensive assaults with a fighter jet.
The only drawback is that they are quite hard yet easy to take down.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:09 PM

AceTone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Also they don't do lasik becuase the thing can rip off your eye when flying at high speeds with high Gs.
Ouch. I feel sorry for the guy that went through that before they realized why.

Don't do eye surgery until you need it, but don't wait until the last minute. Of course, I don't know your or anyone's life situation, but that's a general rule. Same goes for technology. Why buy something that you won't use and only later end up buying a new more advanced and possibly cheaper item.
Anyways, as for your career, life is about having Plan B's, C's and even Q's. Just make sure you have 'em.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTone View Post
Ouch. I feel sorry for the guy that went through that before they realized why.

Don't do eye surgery until you need it, but don't wait until the last minute. Of course, I don't know your or anyone's life situation, but that's a general rule. Same goes for technology. Why buy something that you won't use and only later end up buying a new more advanced and possibly cheaper item.
Anyways, as for your career, life is about having Plan B's, C's and even Q's. Just make sure you have 'em.
Hopefully that scenario never happened.
I just have to hope right now that Obama expands the Raptor program which is unlikely.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:17 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I will be retired before drones fully take the place of manned fighters if that even ever happens; that im sure of. And yes I do want to design these babies after Im done with the air force. Thats why im majoring in aerospace engineering.
The only UAVs you will see for the next 20-30 years are ones such as Predator

FRA - you may be just a touch pessimistic there - 30 yrs. ago there were no (effective) drones - think the Battleships only got those right at the end of their last deployments in the '80's...

Now they're everywhere. Yes, its true - Air Force Generals do NOT want to have anymore combat operations taken over by drones, it is most certainly the wave of the Future... Just like Army Generals didn't want to give up their .30 Cal weapons in 50's and 60's...

Its funny, but most military's gear up and prepare to fight the last war...

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 11-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Mr. Mike

http://www.military.com/news/article...RC=airforce.nl

cmon Obama, approve and ill support you

Old 11-24-2008, 03:20 AM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So the F-22 Raptor is no longer the biggest, baddest toy we have.
It's been eclipsed by F-35 Joint Strike Fighter?