Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-17-2010, 11:29 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I had mentioned before that I thought Jean-René Étienne of Instatubes seemed a little offended by the fact that we thought she might not have actually seen the letter that our forum previously sent to her, so as part of a thank you letter I sent him last week, I included this statement.

"We discussed the open letter to Alizée that I wanted to re-present to her. You had mentioned that she already recieved it and I thought you seemed a little offended that we thought it might not have been given to her. Well the truth of the matter is we have a lot of very devoted fans of Alizée in this forum, most of whom will probably never have a chance to see this beautiful young woman in public at an occassion like this, or during a performance. Several forum members helped to draft this letter, then the opinions of many more helped shape the final product. So it means an awful lot to us, and to actually see Alizée hold it in her hands, was something special for us."
Very nicely worded indeed.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
"We discussed the open letter to Alizée that I wanted to re-present to her. You had mentioned that she already recieved it and I thought you seemed a little offended that we thought it might not have been given to her. Well the truth of the matter is we have a lot of very devoted fans of Alizée in this forum, most of whom will probably never have a chance to see this beautiful young woman in public at an occassion like this, or during a performance. Several forum members helped to draft this letter, then the opinions of many more helped shape the final product. So it means an awful lot to us, and to actually see Alizée hold it in her hands, was something special for us."
I thought that was very well put and got the point through, but it seemed like it wasn't really apolagetic, but anyways it doesn't matter now. I just think it should have rode the line of apologetic and also not sorry for giving it to her again. BUt very good letter to him He will appreciate you took the time to settle it out even if it does seem not apologetic
Old 04-17-2010, 11:34 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I had mentioned before that I thought Jean-René Étienne of Instatubes seemed a little offended by the fact that we thought she might not have actually seen the letter that our forum previously sent to her, so as part of a thank you letter I sent him last week, I included this statement.

Nicely said.

You continue to serve as a good "ambassador."
Old 04-17-2010, 11:43 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I thought that was very well put and got the point through, but it seemed like it wasn't really apolagetic, but anyways it doesn't matter now. I just think it should have rode the line of apologetic and also not sorry for giving it to her again. BUt very good letter to him He will appreciate you took the time to settle it out even if it does seem not apologetic
Aaronius, no offense, but you're no one to criticize what Scruffy wrote - your sentences above are just ridiculous!
Old 04-18-2010, 01:52 AM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post

But think about it. She's (Alizée) a nerd.
what??!! What kind of a friggin' fan site is this anyways? Now we go around calling someone, that special someone, a nerd? OMG A computer geek I can understand, but a 'nerd?' There's got to be a better 'word' for what you were trying to say than that. Mischievous at times, I think, in a playful sort of way, yes, but 'nerd?' That's a new one.

I don't think I'd put that certain word in a listing of accolades that have already been utilised so far. 'Exquisitely Subtle,' mayhaps. Ravishingly beautiful and angelic, yes, most certainly;..but 'nerd?'

We're going to go around and purge the non-believers, that's all there is to it. Where's the Inquisition when you need it? Damn.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:48 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Doesn't mean the translations are accurate. Besides, with spelling mistakes and so-called l33t-speak, there is no way google can translate that stuff. Computers are not sentient, they can't think a misspelled s what it really is.
Und si Ud. usa las Sprachen differentes, alors cosas se vuelven sehr weird.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:39 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Great response Scruffy. Alizee's promotional team needed to know that AA wasn't just being a pest by presenting a letter that had obviously already reached her by a multitude of ways.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyomingGrizFan View Post
what??!! What kind of a friggin' fan site is this anyways? Now we go around calling someone, that special someone, a nerd? OMG A computer geek I can understand, but a 'nerd?' There's got to be a better 'word' for what you were trying to say than that. Mischievous at times, I think, in a playful sort of way, yes, but 'nerd?' That's a new one.
My feeling is that, amidst all of the adoration and "OMG you're so beautiful let me collect the dog hair brushed from your jacket as a holy relic and name my first child after you even if he is a boy" that one finds on a site like this, there's room for a bit of affectionate teasing.

I volunteer.

EDIT: about the letter -- I always felt, and sometimes said, that once the letter was posted to this site in final form it had been delivered. I think there's a tendency to believe what a person fears is true, in this case that she knows nothing about us and that we're just talking to ourselves. But that's not rational, and a bit of logic and common sense need to be kept up front as antidotes.

She IS a nerd, or computer geek, or whatever you want to call it; she's internet-savvy and on line every day. It makes zero logical sense that she would not check out sites that are devoted to her, to see how people are reacting to what she does, to get feedback, or just for the fun of it. That she wouldn't know about this site and visit it from time to time is so improbable that only an irrational motivation (like the tendency to believe what you fear is true) could make anyone believe it at all.

There is a thread devoted to the letter. It's called "Open Letter to Alizée." It's a big flag to anyone visiting the site, especially in the beginning before it was put into the sub-forum on Alizée promotion in America. It would be one of the first threads she would check out on visiting. (And don't go on about her English; we've seen the videos of the concerts where she was speaking in English because she didn't know Russian or Spanish; she's not fluent but she does have some of our language -- we know that. Why do you forget it when faced with a question like the letter? Again, believing what you fear is true.) (By the way, she used this forum to help improve her English once upon a time, and probably still does.)

Anyway, the letter was highly visible for months. There is no way she could not have known about it. No way at all. And since she knew about it, she read it, months ago. Any other hypothesis is so low-probability it can be discarded. Plus, it was delivered via Julien in Paris. So it was ridiculous to entertain the possibility that she didn't have it, but some people here did. The only saving grace is that Scruffy's presentation was so beautifully done with the elegant cover and all that it justified itself on that basis alone.

There is a lot of silliness that fans hold in their hearts about Alizée, not just the dog-hair-as-holy-relic kind but also the "oh, I'm dust beneath her feet, she doesn't know I exist" kind. Can we finally make an effort and bury that? She knows you exist. She certainly knows I exist; I've seen plenty of acknowledgement (all subtle, like the gold ink, but I noticed and thank you, sweet one ) over the years I've been a fan. It's all communication, and even if she sometimes likes to wrap herself in mystery, she does listen.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 04-18-2010 at 11:30 AM..
Old 04-18-2010, 11:15 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I would object to that post, deep, except that there really are some people who have claimed they will name their children for her. And I never understood why someone would want a clebrity's hair. That makes no sense. Or even one of her outfits. Why? Stupid. But I have called her a 'dork' myself. But I do not at all mean it offensively. I love her, anything I say is in good spirits. Also, is there really THAT much difference between 'computer geek' and nerd? Really? REALLY?
Old 04-18-2010, 05:41 PM

Vista is on a distinguished road
Default La différence entre un nerd, un geek, un dork

@WyomingGrizFan
Arbitarily, "la différence entre un nerd, un geek, un dork."
http://cache.20minutes.fr/img/photos...am-300x280.jpg