Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-09-2008, 09:56 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
yea let me get it for you hold on

edit here you are
<table width="100%" border="1" bordercolor="#ffffff" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="" valign="top" width="150" align="middle" bgcolor="#ff9933">Kevin!(Twilight)

</td><td class="columnsWidening" style="" valign="top" width="260" align="left" bgcolor="#f9d6b4">Oct 9 2008 6:47 PM

"Sorry to all my NOT FRENCH fans who mess with your plans and money for cancel my concert"
Not enough but cocomfortating </td></tr></tbody></table>
Kevin was suggesting that as something that Alizée could say to us. Yes, not expressed well.

Merci Fanny
Old 10-09-2008, 11:42 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
This is the official explanation from http://www.kimaimemesuive.fr:

Basically it's saying the date was rescheduled so she could attend an awards ceremony in Mexico. However, which one do they mean? There are three possibilities that I know of:

- MTVLA Awards on October 16th (the most important)
- Lunas del Auditorio on October 29th (the name matches. Ironic, it's an award for best concert!)
- Premios Oye 2008, date unknown (matches the "Victoires de la Musique" description)

Sooo...???

Regardless it's a terrible excuse, none are right on the 23rd. I'm sure low ticket sales are the real reason. Can't say how sick it makes me feel. I'm speechless, and really don't feel like spending more energy on her. I'll always be around, but with news like this...

It's just not worth going out of one's way to promote or do Alizée things anymore when we get so little in return. I won't point fingers, it doesn't matter who's at fault, that's just how it is. I'm out $1500 on this trip, but worse still is the wasted time and effort.
Yeah this is how i felt when my myspace post was deleted back, i think, in July. I knew from that point on that Alizee, her management, or whoever didn't have their act together and spending time, money, effort on Alizee is simply not worth it.

So i moved on and i really don't post here that much anymore - not that i don't like you guys but b/c this site, i presume, is for fans of Alizee. We can make excuses all day for Alizee but it comes to a point where she doesn't treat her fans with much respect.

If her family is her primary concern in her life, which i find commendable, she should have said that from the beginning and not let her fans detrimentally rely on promised concert dates.

And an award show is a really bad excuse - they should have just told the truth that poor ticket sales is the reason. I think guys imho that it's time to move on to another girl
Old 10-09-2008, 11:51 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

Wow, it didn't take much for my post to disappear either. I expressed in english how I was sad when I heard the news. That's it.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 10-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

At this point, all my affection for Alizée the personality is near final.
But my affection for Alizée's music is still there.

Until I can be reassured of things, I cannot simply explain, I am just going to treat her as an artist that I enjoy.
Pitiful for me, and I thought it could never happen, I never thought I would be saying it, but at this moment I find no interest in attempting to grapple a constantly-scattering comet.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:36 AM

techno_Millenium is on a distinguished road

Another comment Posted on her myspace from myself, another comnent deleted!!! Oh Alizée, what a desillusion!!!!!!!!!!

Let's wait if she receives that letter and if she does, if she's going to answer it. I doubt ....
Old 10-10-2008, 11:57 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
But Scruffy, that is what hurts me so much is that I will not even hear it from her directly. She has not issued a statement like it's not even important. In March she issued a statement on tv and was almost crying. I must think that she feels bad about this, but it seems like times have changed and if she does nothing, what can I think?

I
have been thrown under the bus!
I have been treated like I don't matter, never mattered. And all of the rest of us from at least 6 countries that I have seen, every one of us has been simultaneously thrown under a bus.

Why? We don't know and can only guess because there aren't that many of us. Only huge crowds count? Only huge crowds deserve basic courtesy, a reasonable explanation? I wanted so much to see Alizée again. I was so looking forward to this, but even I have not been as screwed over as some people have, though they may or may not feel as badly about it. And, even explaining to you and everyone else on this site or Alizee-forum or probably even the French forums because they are outraged too is not going to matter. It is like no one can get through to Alizée, the one person we all wanted to hear from the most and she's letting this happen. They don't realize that we just want to see and hear Alizée. That's why we were flying across the world, but someone must be preventing her from knowing and she's allowing herself to be that ignorant. Maybe she is mortified that this had to happen. But she's blocking it out because she must look happy for this Mexican award. Maybe maybe maybe. It's still not too late to say something. Maybe it never will be too late to make some mend of my broken heart, but the sooner the better and it's not looking good.
You're right Roman. I know you're one of her biggest and most loyal fans. You and so many others deserve an explanation. I was in a state of shock yesterday like so many others. I saw what looked to be attacks on her and it bothered me. I think we still need to give her time. To see if she herself gives an explanation. If she doesn't, I don't know what to say.

It's funny but several months ago, I was her biggest critic. I said after her Moscow concert, she looked like a housewife and sounded like a housewife and those were my honest sentiments, but I wasn't looking at her performances from the perspective of being a loyal fan who would support her no matter what she looked like, or if the songs she sang weren't that good. I was looking at her from the perspective of what she needed to do to attract new fans, which is what she needed, to continue her career.

I was highly, highly critical of her after that concert because I thought it was a mediocre concert at best. I thought that there was time to make improvements before her Mexico concerts so I kept hammering my message across, hoping it would be heard and I pissed off a lot of people along the way. My methods I'm sure sucked.

After the Mexico performance which I thought was an improvement but still a disappointment. I didn't say anything critical of her in here for a few reasons. First of all, I thought maybe the acoustics weren't that good in those theaters, second of all, the audio we heard wasn't recorded by anyone using quality equipment as far as I know, but more importantly, because I thought it was too late at this point to offer any criticism. I tried my best to get my message across before, and at this point, it wouldn't do any good to criticize her more.

So she does owe an explanation to you especially, and many of her devoted fans here and on her other fan pages, certainly not to me. I don't expect one for my sake and I don't care for myself if she gives one because she has brought so much joy and happiness into my life in a way that I could never repay with concert tickets, hotel reservations, album purchases or whatever else.

Just a few days ago, in another thread, I said she was a class act. I think some of my views from the past have been kind of vindicated now and if I'm right now about her being a class act, we will soon hear from her directly, as to why this concert was canceled. You, are especially one of the most deserving of that!

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-10-2008 at 01:45 PM..
Old 10-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
Yeah this is how i felt when my myspace post was deleted back, i think, in July. I knew from that point on that Alizee, her management, or whoever didn't have their act together and spending time, money, effort on Alizee is simply not worth it.

So i moved on and i really don't post here that much anymore - not that i don't like you guys but b/c this site, i presume, is for fans of Alizee. We can make excuses all day for Alizee but it comes to a point where she doesn't treat her fans with much respect.

If her family is her primary concern in her life, which i find commendable, she should have said that from the beginning and not let her fans detrimentally rely on promised concert dates.

And an award show is a really bad excuse - they should have just told the truth that poor ticket sales is the reason. I think guys imho that it's time to move on to another girl
^before I say any thing lets get one thing straight. At this point I am not defending Alizee no attacking her. On that note, she cant just say it was poor ticket sales, that looks even worse on her part on how her business is struggling.
I just hope Alizee is that sweet person I always thought she was and not just some other rich Britney bitch.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 10-10-2008, 06:23 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

What I am about to say may be interpreted as ignorant or naive but here goes. It is obvious that over the years many supportive and positive things have been said to and about Alizee. Written in English. It doesn't appear that she knows english very well and is even less addept at interpreting English. In other words I wonder how much she realizes the depth of her American fans committment and love for her due to the language barrier and may be an intimidation factor in responding to English speaking fans. I know there have been quite a few American fans that can speak French and have relayed things to her, but it wouldn't have the gravity of the fans feelings at least on individual basis. She also doesn't speak spanish fluently as far as I know, but the album sales and large fan base kept her from ignoring Mexico. That still doesn't let her off the hook regarding her lack of communication with her own countrymen especially in this current situation.

I don't know French at all and if it weren't for many of the interviews and songs that have been translated into English I wouldn't know near as much about how Alizee ticks and her thoughts on things as I currently do. I am not trying to rescue Alizee or make excuses for her. She is a big girl. It is a question I have wanted to ask for a while and this current situation makes it even more relevent to me now. Any and all responses would be appreciated.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:01 PM

techno_Millenium is on a distinguished road

Alizee myspace is now not authorising all comments, i mean, they first read them before being published on the site. How convenient!!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 09:10 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by techno25000 View Post
Alizee myspace is now not authorising all comments, i mean, they first read them before being published on the site. How convenient!!!!
techno25000 means you'll be getting this:

"This user requires all comments to be approved before being posted. Your comment has been submitted to this user for approval."

Whatever...

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...