Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-10-2017, 08:03 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I think Alizée is facing southeast.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:48 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I thought that too. I saw the shadows being cast by the rocks, but that fact seemed to shoot down the things when I found something promising.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:56 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
I wasn't sure whether we were looking at the back of Alizee or Annily. I used the camera on my iphone as a magnifying glass to enlarge the figure. The camera also lit the image to better see the Tinkerbell tattoo on Alizee's back. All those tattoos do serve a purpose.

Last edited by Shepherd; 08-12-2017 at 03:20 AM..
Old 08-11-2017, 06:21 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

There is another of those articles I'm always talking about today... It's talking about this post and mentions "Au bord de la cascade des anglais, à Vizzavona, non loin d'Ajaccio..." Which is close to the main road from Ajaccio northeast towards Corte at the mountain pass. I have no idea where they got that information from. Maybe it's near there?

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 08-11-2017 at 06:44 AM..
Old 08-11-2017, 09:30 AM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Any idea what the red thing in the background is? A towel, a sunshade or just some trash?

Last edited by kulli; 08-11-2017 at 09:33 AM..
Old 08-11-2017, 09:59 AM

I blew it up and it looks like a traffic cone laying on it's side.

Attachment 1596

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-28-2018 at 06:11 PM..
Old 08-11-2017, 10:27 AM

My thought is can you spot this object on google maps/earth
Two problems are , we dont know really what it is and how long has it been lying around there.
The House in the background and the other buildings nearby would help a lot but without a more precise location its useless to search for it anyway.

Last edited by kulli; 08-11-2017 at 10:47 AM..
Old 08-11-2017, 11:55 AM

Can't beleive I'm spending more time on this than I already have, but I'm off work for a couple of months so why not. I'm going to point out some clues. Some of these are just ideas so please correct me if you think I'm wrong.

1. First of all as Ray had mentioned the shadows. It looks like the shadows being cast are fairly short so this must be fairly close to mid day so I'm thinking the arrow points to North +/- 20 degrees. The most important part of this fact is in most places there's a road on each side of the gorge in Google Earth, so you want to be on the road on the northern side to get this view.

2. The house. Looks likes a 2 story and seems to be more modern style with the large open upper porch which contrasts with many of the older homes in the area, that's if we're in the right area.

Another important part of this house is what I'm sure are 2 power poles. You see two types in this area, the round conventional wood ones which I think the one on the left is because of it's darker color and square cement ones which are white and I'm sure that's what the one on the right is because the sharp change from dark to light from left to right.

I'm also guessing that one on on right is one that carries power up and down this road and I think it's on the far side of the road and the darker pole is on the nearer side and that pole is to bring the wires to the house.

3. The mountain. Many of the mountains I've seen on Google Earth along the gorge are very pointed and jagged. In this area of the picture, they are much more rounded. Of course it could change dramatically just off picture.
The dotted light blue line represents the edge of the mountain and the reason I point this out is I think there's a valley between it and the one behind it, where power lines run and probably a road.

Also the rocky crag or what ever you call it should be a big clue.

4.The vertical bright tower. This looks to have either wires or maybe support cables that run from it to the right. On the house at 2, you can barely see a wire from the pole on the right, so for those wires to stick out as much as the do at 4, I'm thinking they have to be fairly large. . I don't think they are support cables such as for a bridge, because they run too vertical. The wires also don't extend to the left so I think there is a large power line coming in between the two mountains then redirects back in a little lower direction to the town.

5. Directly below 5 is what looks to be a church because there looks like there might be a steeple at the far end, but that could just be another building. But if that power line is bringing power to a small town there, usually the thing that stands out in a town is the church.

MISC:
The magenta line is I'm fairly certain, how the road runs
The dark blue line is the way I think the road runs between the two mountains.
The yellow line I just put there thinking there 'might' be a road going off in that direction.

In looking at this, instead of following the road, maybe I shoul've followed those large power lines?

Attachment 1597

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-28-2018 at 06:11 PM..
Old 08-11-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Can't beleive I'm spending more time on this than I already have
same here right back from a 2h google earth search.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:11 PM

It would help if there was a way to lock Google Earth on north. Every time you zoom in or turn a little bit it spins and you lose reference.

Edit:

Kind or ironic but there was a Gala magazine article about Alizee that came out yesterday and they show the same picture. I hoped it might give us a clue, but it doesn't. Maybe they are taunting us!

http://www.gala.fr/l_actu/news_de_st...sa_mere_401568

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-11-2017 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts