Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 07-05-2019, 03:36 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
She is not the most beautiful woman and far from the most talented, but there is something magical about her.
When you say "she is not the most beautiful woman", what do you mean?

To me, Alizee's face is a contradiction. On one level, she is kind of average-looking-- and yet on another level, she is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Its weird. There is something about Alizee's face that fascinates me, and its not beauty in the conventional sense. (Does that make any sense?)

Give me an example or two of women who you think are more beautiful than Alizee. (I'm just curious what you have in mind.)
Old 07-05-2019, 09:38 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The first time I saw Alizee perform J'en Ai Marre, that was it. She owned me. That has never happened to me before or since. I've seen quite a few young beauties come up, they are talented and attractive, I enjoy their performances, but I have no interests in their lives off stage. I agree with Scruffydog, there is something different and dynamic about Alizee. She is not the most beautiful woman and far from the most talented, but there is something magical about her. She alone is the "It Girl."
I am no spring chicken either, being on this earth for well more than half a century. I've had my fleeting crushes. I thought girls in rock bands were sexy, and when Heart released Dreamboat Annie, Nancy Wilson was very nice to look at. I think that was my first crush on a girl in the entertainment industry, and that was more than four decades ago when I was 15. But Nancy and all the other beautiful women that were public figures were "out there" living their lives, and besides enjoying their end product (music, movies, etc.), I had little to no interest in their lives. After a short time, familiarity sets in and any "crushes" I had dissipated.

As an adult with a family, I was well beyond being star-struck with anybody. I was researching the game World of Warcraft because my youngest son played it night and day. We played games together often and he was encouraging me to play it with him, but to me it didn't look very interesting but told him I would think about it. I decided to get on a gaming forum one evening and there was a post about the Dance of the Night Elf that is in WOW and a link to a YouTube video about some French singer whom the dance was based on. This link was to JEAM.

All I can say is

I really could not get enough of this "Alizee" from that moment on. Defying the laws of familiarity, the more I saw Alizee and knew about her, the more I wanted to see her. It just boggles the mind to even think about it because she should have faded from my mind a long time ago the way that I am. But here I am thirteen years later, still wanting to see her face, hear her voice, see her dance, just like the beginning.

To me Alizee is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, and that is reinforced by who she is as a person. If she was a foul-mouthed train wreck like so many other celebrities, she would be history to me. Being who she is, she has enhanced my life is many ways.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:42 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
To me Alizee is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, and that is reinforced by who she is as a person. If she was a foul-mouthed train wreck like so many other celebrities, she would be history to me. Being who she is, she has enhanced my life is many ways.
Yeah, but there are many girls who are sweet.

What's special about Alizee is that at the same time she radiates sweetness and wholesomeness, she radiates this extreme confidence.

Perhaps Alizee's personality could be described as "extreme sweetness with an extreme confidence radiating from within it"???

Edsel DeMeo, in an older post, described Alizee as having a "freedom aura".

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
A huge amount of the credit for that belongs to MF/LB. Where would Alizée be without the great music he produced, the great songs she wrote, the great dances that were choreographed for her? That said, no one else could have combined all that, plus what Alizée herself brought to the table and combined it into something we can never forget.
What if it had been Julia instead of Alizee?? I think Mylene and Laurent would have only sold 1/3 to 1/2 as many records. Julia would have been well-known in France, but there would have been no worldwide following of Julia.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 07-05-2019 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-06-2019, 03:01 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What if it had been Julia instead of Alizee?? I think Mylene and Laurent would have only sold 1/3 to 1/2 as many records. Julia would have been well-known in France, but there would have been no worldwide following of Julia.
I think you're right. Alizée is inimitable.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:52 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm actually older than Scruffydog, by quite a bit, and I have been somewhat of a fan of many artists throughout my life, but never like I have been for Alizee. For awhile--20 years before Alizee was born--I believed Nathalie CARDONE was the most beautiful woman on earth, but I was never addicted to her or any other artist in my life as I have been to Alizee.

Nathalie CARDONE singing a tribute to Che Guevara in 1965.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86LS...&index=40&t=0s
Sorry for drifting off topic here but is there more than one Nathalie Cardone? I'm familiar with the song (and this performance), I think somebody from here or someone I know sent it to me once.

Wikipedia says Nathalie Cardone was born in 1967 this one released a song called "Hasta Siempre" in 1997. The song was apparently written in '65, but that performance doesn't look that old. By the looks of it I would say maybe late 90s/early 2000s, like Alizée's Gourmandises era gigs.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:25 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
Sorry for drifting off topic here but is there more than one Nathalie Cardone? I'm familiar with the song (and this performance), I think somebody from here or someone I know sent it to me once.

Wikipedia says Nathalie Cardone was born in 1967 this one released a song called "Hasta Siempre" in 1997. The song was apparently written in '65, but that performance doesn't look that old. By the looks of it I would say maybe late 90s/early 2000s, like Alizée's Gourmandises era gigs.

You're right. I got the dates all wrong. I couldn't remember when Nathalie recorded "Hasta Siempre," so I looked to see when the song was first released and that's where I got the 1965 date. I just presumed that Nathalie was the one who made the record at that time. I apologize for the mistake.

Last edited by Shepherd; 07-08-2019 at 02:31 AM..
Old 07-10-2019, 08:04 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post

Skeleton's recording of last night's show.

She looks so happy! It sounds like she will never return to the music industry, that she found her perfect new life. But she's so happy and she's having another baby girl! Awwww.

Poor Grégoire tho. 3 girls.

It's so great that she let us have a little insight in her new life as a dance coach.

And the pupils obviously seem to adore her.

Damn it, Annily's looking like 17 in this video. Sure it's just the hair and makeup.... but when you look at children you can really see how time goes by.

Jenny, thank you yet again, for that really cool post…

I will admit, I was “holding back” a wee bit, on posting anything about this video, just to see what everyone else was thinking…

To be totally honest, I did not find out anything here that I did not already “expect”, or “suspect” deeply. A couple of things “fleshed out” some of my more “hazy” speculations, but things pretty much turned out like I thought they would...

Now, this is not pretentiousness on my part, trust me. If I don’t know about something, I will go and research it, often very “painstakingly”, and this “clip” pretty much “resonates” what I could figure out...

You guys have it pretty much “covered” in all of your comments above…

Lets see, personally…

She pretty much "acted" and "sounded" like I remembered her from her previous appearances in similar situations, very “calm”, “sincere” and “collected”...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I get the feeling that Alizee can be quite temperamental. I see some battleaxe potential-- and I mean serious battleaxe potential. She needs a man who is more patient and calm than most.
I will agree that she could probably be quite “formidable” and possibly “quite temperamental” occasionally, maybe just a wee “bit of a handful” to live with at times, but I think she has got her “perfect man”, “apt” to all of her “requirements”, “personified” in Greg

I will admit to knowing not a lot about Greg at all, but he seemed like a really good guy, from all that I had seen, but that part of the "clip" where they were seen together told me everything that I “needed to know”, and more...

He is a really “sweet” boy, and “adores her utterly”, and she just “loves him to bits”, basically…

I like this guy a lot
, and have nothing buy the sincerest of respect for him, for in the end, it was HIM that she chose...

Lucky, lucky guy, but for all the “right reasons”

Y’know, come to think about it, I’d hate to play Poker against him, for he’d either be the worlds “best”, or “worst” player.

Either totally “open”, or totally “closed”…

Some of the “wisest” words that you will ever hear, now apply the lyrics above to a “marriage” or a “partnership”, in this case, Alizée and Greg…

What else?

She was absolutely wonderful with the kids at the Gala, even under quite a bit of stress, and, they all adored her too, which did not surprise me at all…

Rather her than me, for trying to organize a group of kids like that, is like trying to singlehandedly herd a "legion" of very distracted kittens...

No thank you...

Hmm…

Was good to see her mother… Hi Alizée’s mum…

Now Annily, she was a "surprise", and not at all in a bad way...

Now, when I saw the “little”, “little lady” towards the end of the excerpt I’ll freely admit, I had to do a couple of “double takes”, for here indeed was a young lady who, for all intents and purposes, displayed far more in the way of “charm”, “poise”, “composure” and “eloquence”, than you would have expected from your average 14 year old. An absolute “credit” to her parents in every way, she could easily have passed as being several years older, hence the “double takes”…

Now I know much of it was “makeup” and “dress”, but still, she could easily have passed as being much older...

Actually, now I come to think about it, I should not have been surprised, for If I can remember correctly, in several of her interviews, Alizée did mention that she had never ever really referred to Annily as being a child, she had always treated her as almost being an adult, so to speak…

I have mixed feelings about that one, but it is probably just me being an “out of touch”, “old school”,” old fart”…

Kulli kind of put the rest of what I feel rather succinctly…

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
Thx you all. It's refreshing to see something and very interesting insights.
I do not know about you but this video has now finally proven to me that the old Alizee is now history. Comparing her previous life with her present life does not make sense. I think many people are still hoping or thinking she is still the young Alizee and hoping for a comback. I expect nothing new from her. She is happily married to Grégoire, they expecting a baby and run a dance school together. She now lives her life, happy as it seems. That's probably the most important thing.
That’s kind of what I see, “in a nutshell”…

And y’know, it’s all that I "want" for, and "from" her…

To “live”, “love”, and be happy

Still adore these guys, and always will…

Last edited by RedRafe; 07-10-2019 at 09:51 PM..
Old 07-11-2019, 01:26 PM
Administrator

More press releases

Link to article.

https://www.closermag.fr/people/info...lyonnet-973493
Old 07-11-2019, 03:01 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
More press releases

Link to article.

https://www.closermag.fr/people/info...lyonnet-973493
K...

Roughly translated...

"All that was needed for their total happiness: Alizée and Grégoire Lyonnet will welcome their first child in the coming months, as Closer reveals in his new issue.

It's been five years since they made the perfect love. Since their meeting, at the end of 2013, on the dance floor with the stars 4, Alizée and Grégoire Lyonnet never leave each other. It's at their own pace that the 34-year-old singer and the 32-year-old dancer build their story. They first went through the marriage box in June 2016 and then decided to open their own dance studio in Ajaccio in October of 2017. And this is a new step that they will take very soon. arrival ... of a baby! Alizée is indeed pregnant for more than three months, as revealed by Closer in its newsstand on Friday, May 24, and available on Android, iPad and KiosqueMag. A happy event planned for the month of November.

If this pregnancy is a huge joy for Alizée and Grégoire Lyonnet, it's not really a surprise. Shortly after the beginning of their romance, the couple already thought to start a family. Or rather to enlarge, because Alizée is already the mother of Annily, 14, whose father is singer Jérémy Chatelain. "I hope to have other children, at least a second, I want to, and I do not want my daughter to be an only child," said in 2014 the interpreter of Moi ... Lolita to Télé 7 jours . Three years later, in the columns of Télé Star, Alizée confirmed that a baby would be very logically "the next step". And Grégoire Lyonnet to add: "Later, we want to enlarge our family, yes". A dream that will soon become reality.

On her Instagram account, Alizée and Grégoire Lyonnet have confirmed this long-awaited pregnancy by posting a nice family photo of four pairs of sneakers including baby booties and the legs of the two dogs in the family. The singer accompanied her cliché of emojis while the former DALS dancer, who posted the same picture, wrote enthusiastically: "The Lyonnet family is growing."

Welll...

There is a good reason why I don't subscribe to this "mag"...

<sigh>
Old 07-11-2019, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
Welll...

There is a good reason why I don't subscribe to this "mag"...
Thanks for posting the translation.

I think I looked at a "People" magazine once in my life. It was probably in a doctor's office waiting room and the only other option was "Good Housekeeping". I have zero interest in what goes on in Hollywood and would rather have shards of glass in my eyes than be forced to read them.

Alizee has been the only celeb I have taken interest in beyond her professional career in my life. But now it's expanded to Alizee, Greg, Annily, and name to be determined.