Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

It sounds like a great idea ! It sure sounds like a lot of work to get all the fan-made stuff out there together in one place, but it would be really awesome if you could accomplish it.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:26 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
It sounds like a great idea ! It sure sounds like a lot of work to get all the fan-made stuff out there together in one place, but it would be really awesome if you could accomplish it.
Well my idea was to have a similar structure as YouTube. Where the clients upload the material and the site work as a search engine for these uploads.

Imagine that you could find every image, every movie clip, every remix at the same place. Assisted with filtered searches and verdict based relevance you should easily find anything related to Alizée.

Just to make it clear, I'm not looking to 'compete' with the forums in anyway. This will be just an slightly more sophisticated storage point for Alizée material.

And yes it's alot of work, but im not planning to do the whole site all by myself. This will work as a conjunction between all the forums and communities around Alizée. I'll need language converters, moderators etc, etc to keep the site up and running.

This probably won't be a great profit website, just as in the case of many other forums it will be more like a hobby. There are ways to keep the site running for free with Google adds, donations etc if you get enough visitors. And from what I have seen there is a great intrest in the fan productivity around Alizée.

The biggest problem will be storage however. I don't have access to a super server that can store these kind of data quantities, atleast not when it comes to Video and Music.

At the start the most likely scenario would be to simply use YouTube/DailyMotion kind of websites to host the videos and music, and let the this website work as a library/index with embedments to these. Images shouldn't be a problem thou.

Im a programmer and I'm fantasysing about the possibility of making this torrent kind of application that can share data transfer with other clients currently on the website. This is however just a loose thought I had and needs to be investigated more thoroughly and probably needs months of development.

I think the site would be a great way to merge diffrent forums and even nationalities. Also to protect everyones work, preventing it from disappearing in time and space.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 09-26-2008, 04:42 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

If you need help with any html/css, graphics, or flash banners I'd be happy to contribute.

The blueprints for the site sound great but it would take an immense amount of work to produce a truly top notch respectable site...so you are probably going to need a team of people for this.

I also imagine that more people will help if the site is assured to be highly professional so that the efforts are not wasted, as opposed to a sloppy site that wouldn't live up to Alizée-like or general internet standards.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Logical Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
If you need help with any html/css, graphics, or flash banners I'd be happy to contribute.

The blueprints for the site sound great but it would take an immense amount of work to produce a truly top notch respectable site...so you are probably going to need a team of people for this.

I also imagine that more people will help if the site is assured to be highly professional so that the efforts are not wasted, as opposed to a sloppy site that wouldn't live up to Alizée-like or general internet standards.
Yes exactly.
This is why I try to get as much feedback as possible on the initial idea (the blueprint) before taking a step further. I don't want to spend alot of time and efforts, and especially not others, on something that won't be appreciated / successful.

I've got hold on the domain name www.AlizeeShrine.com which I think is suitable for this site. I don't know advanced html, php or mySql for the moment but as I know c++, Java and Flash programing this shouldn't be too hard to learn.

Even so I want it to be perfect from the very beginning, so it might take me awhile to get the site up. I have also found a free hosting provider for the webpage. I get 5gb space and 20gb transfer per month. This is enough for the sneak version of the site I intended to start with.

The sneak version will have the search and voting system but the library will consist of links to other upload sites such as YouTube, DaliyMotion, Photobucket, RapidShare etc. This will save alot of disk space and transfer amounts and will therefore make it possible for free hosting and less advanced website programing.

I do intend to improve the site over time when the visitor ratings gets higher and when I know the site is appreciated. For it is my final goal to protect everything so that it doesn't end up as a broken link in an ancient forum thread somewhere.

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:33 AM

alizee lover is on a distinguished road

Yeah it sounds good
Old 09-26-2008, 08:20 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a good idea. I believe it's similar to how Alizée America came to be: a centralized site for HQ video streams. Just realize the amount of work and operating cost (ex. One Alizée ) I look forward to seeing it come to fruition.

If you build it, they will come.

Bonne chance !

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 09-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Logical Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
Sounds like a good idea. I believe it's similar to how Alizée America came to be: a centralized site for HQ video streams. Just realize the amount of work and operating cost (ex. One Alizée ) I look forward to seeing it come to fruition.

If you build it, they will come.

Bonne chance !
One Alizée?

Im not planning to host all Alizée material in the world, just the fan related.
You'll still have to visit AM to get your daily dose of Alizium

L´Ordre D'Alizée!

Tags
alizeeshrine, alizeeshrine.com, fan, shrine, website