Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 10-30-2017, 09:02 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

All anyone has to do to be in her arms is go to Ajaccio and take a few dance lessons. Voila!
Old 10-31-2017, 07:18 AM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
All anyone has to do to be in her arms is go to Ajaccio and take a few dance lessons. Voila!
Do they offer Dance Courses for adult beginners?
Old 11-06-2017, 10:35 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Last edited by ALS; 11-07-2017 at 12:59 PM..
Old 11-17-2017, 08:07 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbm-cY9n3o3/
Quote:
Originally Posted by studiodedanselyonnetajaccio
Pour répondre à vos nombreux messages, la collection AG sera bientôt disponible en vente à distance�� en attendant une partie de nos élèves rêvent déjà de décrocher le 10 de @lechrismarques �� et oui il ne le sort jamais car il est chez nous ! Tout s’explique �� #studiodedanselyonnet #ajaccio #dansesportive #hiphop #break #dals

Ah, so the A&G merchandise will be available via shipping.

Quote:
To answer your many messages, the AG collection will soon be available for sale at a distance.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:29 AM

I'll have to look at some of the older pictures to see what the front looks like.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:47 AM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Old 12-12-2017, 09:09 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

This new direction in her life will take some adjusting to for me because, as another post suggested, she might fade out from the public spotlight and we won't hear much about her anymore. I seriously doubt she will take on the personal and financial risk of putting out a new album. The breakup with MF was the fatal blow to her singing career, and it took four albums to make it evident. It's probably too late for her to make a splash in the US now. I will miss this part of Alizee terribly, but as long as there is YouTube, I will continue to get my fix.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
Thanks kulli!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
This new direction in her life will take some adjusting to for me because, as another post suggested, she might fade out from the public spotlight and we won't hear much about her anymore. I seriously doubt she will take on the personal and financial risk of putting out a new album. The breakup with MF was the fatal blow to her singing career, and it took four albums to make it evident. It's probably too late for her to make a splash in the US now. I will miss this part of Alizee terribly, but as long as there is YouTube, I will continue to get my fix.
I don't think Alizée would go out on her own and try to make a new album. I think someone would have to talk her into it and it would have to be a big name such as Jean Jaques Goldman or MF/LB or Pascal Obispo. Of course Pascal helped her out before, but the problem with that is, Alizée needs the complete package such as she had with Mylene. They were good at almost everything as far as producing and album and putting together a tour.

She got some good help from Pascal, but in the end, he left her up to her own devices and she needs to realize she will never be any good at producing an album and all that goes with that, not to mention a tour.

She needs to realize or maybe I should say she needed to realize she can't be good at everything just like MF can't.

Alizee's a good singer and a great dancer and still has an incredible amount of beauty, but lacks what it takes to direct or compose. Mylene Farmer is so good at composing and so many other things, but Alizee could dance circles around her and also Mylene, unfortunately was bad at translating songs from French into English; not just Alizee songs, but also her own from what I've heard.

We all have our limitations and Alizee has to realize what hers are though it's probably too late.

So somebody has to approach her and offer her the complete package of putting together an album. From choosing all the songs for an album, then choosing the ones that are sounding the best and going after them with a quality production, unlike what they had with Blonde and it doesn't take money to make a quality production. All it needs is the best assets of Alizee and at the same time, making sure you leave areas where she's lacking, out.

So I felt MF/LB were the only ones who could save her because they would run the show. MF would not write good songs for Alizee, just to see them ruined by the producer Alizee, much as what happened with Blonde. Mylene would produce videos that again would bring out all the beauty and talent of Alizee. Unfortunately it looks like that miracle I've been hoping for wont happen. Though. MF/LB are working on an album for someone else, it certainly doesn't look to be Alizee.

So how many people are out there can write good songs for Alizee, then carry through so she doesn't waste them? I'm only familiar with a few names along those lines such as JJG and Pascal, but if Pascal works with her again, he has to run the show.

That's one of the other reasons I'd like to see her in the Les Enfories shows. She'd be rubbing elbows with many names in the industry. That's not the case with the Tournée, at least not the singing part of the industry and so our hopes keep getting slimmer and slimmer..

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-12-2017 at 10:20 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-12-2017, 11:00 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Her being in Tournee is a very good sign. It means she is not done with performing, which also means that she is not done with making appearances. As long as an object is moving it can make adjustments based on the terrain.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:19 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Thanks kulli!

Edit:

So somebody has to approach her and offer her the complete package of putting together an album. From choosing all the songs for an album, then choosing the ones that are sounding the best and going after them with a quality production, unlike what they had with Blonde and it doesn't take money to make a quality production. All it needs is the best assets of Alizee and at the same time, making sure you leave areas where she's lacking, out.

So how many people are out there can write good songs for Alizee, then carry through so she doesn't waste them? I'm only familiar with a few names along those lines such as JJG and Pascal, but if Pascal works with her again, he has to run the show.
I'm sure a discussion on this is buried in a forum thread many years ago, but did Alizee ever say why she broke it off from Mylene? I realize a lot of things change when you have a baby, but wow, talking about a drastic measure when you were on top. Somehow I get the feeling the decision was not made by her alone.

I am not a musician by trade, but my musical exposure is quite large, so I think I can be somewhat knowledgeable about music in general. I had said in another post that Alizee seemed to have trouble finding her way musically after MF, and the album that best shows this is "5". It's kind of hard to assign a genre to it, as the songs range from pop to almost a folksy sound (Dans mon sac). Also, the songs were not written for Alizee's best vocal range, in my opinion. She sings quite a bit towards the alto range in this album, but her voice is not as strong as an alto (or contralto) as it used to be. Certainly not an Annie Lennox or a Cher. She just sings so uninspired in this album, which is so unlike her.

Blonde was a better album, although gimmicky, but she was back in the mezzo-soprano range where she should be. The song "Mon planeur" was the best song on the album to me. Her singing is very pretty in the song, just like her. It just fits.

I hope she gives it another shot, but it will take a songwriter to write some pretty spectacular stuff just for Alizee. She also needs to move out of French pop altogether. She sounds really good with an acoustic guitar. Is there such a thing as French folk music?

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 12-13-2017 at 09:44 AM..