Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Cracka!

Shep is on a distinguished road

I could only imagine what they would do to Alizée as a whole.

Keep her in your prayers (or thoughts, if praying isn't your thing).
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." - Jack Handey
Old 07-09-2006, 09:13 AM
=]

mando is on a distinguished road

great news in my opinion. i'm just glad she is gonna be back

edit: and it's so much sooner than i expected

Last edited by mando; 07-09-2006 at 09:23 AM..
Old 07-09-2006, 11:25 AM

trofast is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it's great that she's coming back!
But, I can't help being somewhat concerned with the fact that her hubby is so much involved in her career. Ok, I don't know him, or know of him, haven't heard any of his music, etc. Hehe, but you guys seem to know, and when you're worried, I'm worried. I don't really pray that often, and I tend to think way too much. But I hope that when she comes back, it will be as herself, in an (if possible!) improved image, not the image created by Jeremy. The phrase "If it ain't broke, why try to fix it?" comes to mind.

PS: Big thanx to Snatcher42 for translating it!
Old 07-09-2006, 11:42 AM

Gatchaman is on a distinguished road

This Jeremy guy seems to be a "jack of all trades" but master of none. He tries to writes music, sings, is a fashion designer, etc. He's never been really successful in anything, and now he's going to basically write songs for one of the most successful singers in recent French history.

I have a feeling that it was Jeremy who convinced Alizee to leave Mylene. You guys all saw the interviews and heard Alizee express how much she enjoyed working with Mylene, and how she hoped that they could continue to work together. All of a sudden she meets a "American Idol" type of singer at Eurobest, then quickly goes to Las Vegas to marry him. Now shes done with the team that helped make her what she is now, and puts her career and future in the hands of her young and unproven hubby.

I truly hope that the Alizee and Jeremy combo is successful. Otherwise, we can all blame him for her demise.

Anyways, I still am happy and looking forward to her return!
Old 07-09-2006, 12:33 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

I think that the next album will be good. I listened to two of Jeremy's songs the other day and I thought that they were okay. I couldn't see the album being anything other than great. I think that if there is any change in style or sound will end up being better, not worse.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:09 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

thanks for the translation snatcher.

personally, i wouldn't care if she sang the happy birthday song over and over again .. i just want to see her release some new stuff
Old 07-09-2006, 04:17 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatchaman
I have a feeling that it was Jeremy who convinced Alizee to leave Mylene. You guys all saw the interviews and heard Alizee express how much she enjoyed working with Mylene, and how she hoped that they could continue to work together.
i think that may be part of it, but i really think that if the truth was known .. it would turn out to be as much Mylene losing interest in Alizee than the other way around. So much of what Mylene Farmer does is about 'the image' .. I wouldn't be suprised if she (Mylene) got discouraged by the fact that Alizee got married / had a child ..

I bet it was more along the lines of Alizee wanting to release new record soon, and Mylene not showing a lot of interest in any new projects (plus she is trying to release some new stuff on her own).

just my opinion though ...
Old 07-09-2006, 04:39 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya8617
Why leave the people who made a star out of her, she is till young.
After the botched job of marketing the second album and concerts, I doubt any of them wanted to stay together. I don't think it was Jérémy's idea... and I have both his albums, he's not a bad songwriters. But he is still young and inexperienced in handling a big project like this, so I expect (and hope) there are a few more colaborators we haven't heard about yet.

But yeah, Jérémy can write some good songs. Here's one of my favorites, something he did for another French singer:
http://rapidshare.de/files/25394836/..._Noir.mp3.html
Old 07-09-2006, 04:41 PM

Kamakzie is on a distinguished road

Let's hope Jeremy doesn't blow this opportunity. Because if he does it could hurt his marriage as well Alizee's career. I don't understand French at all so as long as the tune is catchy everything will be okay for me.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:35 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road

Cool anyway. I've got something to look forward to in September. Eagerly awaiting the new album at the end of the year too.