Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-22-2007, 04:20 AM
Gone to Alaska

guldebrett is on a distinguished road

Because I'm going to be very busy for the next few days I'll post the few pics that I have and actually turned out in a day or two along with a few paragraphs describing my experience of the show. The camera that I used (apparently) doesn't take good pix at night.

Suffice it to say that I though the Alizee concert was great! The screen was 9ft wide and we were all sitting about 12ft away from it. During "Moi Lolita" the music was blasting and Alizee was just a few feet away. We were all getting into the song, singing loudly, clapping, and shouting just as Alizee requested. Wow.. It looked so real. I really liked the camera shots from behind the audience; it seemed like we were a part of the audience.

I hate to admit it and am even a little embarrassed to say it but its true... we were all participating in "Moi Lolita" so emotionally with the hand clapping, fist pumping and singing that for about 30 seconds I forgot that it was just a projection... it was so big, life-sized and looked so real.. I kept having to remind myself that this is not real.. it's a DVD. Seriously... God... we were actually at her concert. When the cameras filmed from behind the audience (watch "Moi-Lolita" to see what I'm talking about) we actually became a part of the audience. Anyway, I don't know how the others saw it but that's how it was with me. It's one of those "You would have had to be there" things. I really wish that more of you could have attended. Of course, any Alizee fans have an open invitation to any future virtual shows or concerts at La Crème Brûlée.

Last edited by guldebrett; 01-22-2007 at 04:35 AM..
Old 01-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Uggh, I just finished my drive back. It's like 4 a.m. here. I had a great time w/ all you guys.

Honestly, I almost didn't go. I hit the snooze button for about an hour and a half, then finally turned the clock off. I finally got up about 10:30 a.m. and did the "count on the fingers" trick trying to give myself 8-9 hours to get there on time (of course I got one more hour of sleep thanks to Pacific Standard Time ). I was like, "I can do this, but damn that's a haul, lol." No, the trip really didn't seem that long;plus, I got in a few hours of "Learn French in Your Car," haha!

But really, I'm glad I went. The ambiance of the restaurant was awesome, Madame Dominique's accent was great , not to mention all of the Lili posters everywhere. The food was magnifique--where else can you have "Alizée" for desert?

There's so much more I could write, but I put my sentences together like a third grader, so I'll spare you all that, lol. Again, thanks to all you guys who were there, Lili would definately be proud of our singing
Old 01-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Gone to Alaska

guldebrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd716 View Post
... Lili would definately be proud of our singing
Don't count on it! Thank god the music was blastin' I speak only for my own voice.

Last edited by guldebrett; 01-22-2007 at 03:45 PM..
Old 01-22-2007, 04:25 PM
On the Probulator

c-dawg777 is on a distinguished road

rwd716... You made me change my sig! Yours and mine looked so much alike that i thought i had just posted the above statement and couldn't even remember it. Oh well guess ill just make another. I really like that picture too.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:25 PM

I <3 Zombies is on a distinguished road

Sounds and looks like a grand old party... I love the wall full of pictures!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The food was magnifique--where else can you have "Alizée" for desert?
What kinda desert did they come up w/to represent Alizee? I'm thinking something soft, sweet, and melts in your mouth!
Old 01-23-2007, 12:01 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
What kinda desert did they come up w/to represent Alizee? I'm thinking something soft, sweet, and melts in your mouth!
Exactement! It is a two-flavored sorbet, raspberry and lemon. Very soft, sweet, and very melt-in-your-mouth. It is in a sauce of (I think) grapefruit and peach liquer which makes the scoop a bit of an island (I like to think of it as Corsica . It is served with a raspberry and a chocolate-covered biscuit stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guldebrett View Post
Don't count on it! Thank god the music was blastin' I speak only for my own voice.
I think she would have been appreciative... It's the thought that counts and we were putting our hearts into it. Though Cooney, with his acting/dancing/musical training put us all to shame in the song and dance departments.

Last edited by CFHollister; 01-23-2007 at 12:04 AM..
Old 01-23-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm awesome, u know it

Spartan500 is on a distinguished road

frick now im hungry hollister thanks lol thats sounds really good
Old 01-23-2007, 12:04 AM
On the Probulator

c-dawg777 is on a distinguished road

Chocolate Mousse, Sorbet, etc... classic French desserts. Bertrand also served up a few glasses of Corsican wine to the five of us that stayed. It was good, pretty strong for a white wine... well it was kinda pink come to think of it.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:12 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

The sorbet had a touch of Cognac in it as well, fyi. Soft, sweet, and slightly intoxicating