Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

PC & PS3 guy here.

My cod4 paintball mod stage is over, and I've been playing Madden 09 competitively again. I just got Motorstorm: Pacific Rift as a game anybody can enjoy when they come over since I was lacking a game like that.

When Empire: Total War comes out for PC in February me and my east coast friend plan on having a clan & website already set up so we can jump into competitive league play asap. Those of you who enjoy real time strategy on a massive scale should give the game a try, or check out one of the previous Total War games because I doubt you'd be disappointed.

Last edited by HelixSix; 11-29-2008 at 09:46 PM..
Old 11-29-2008, 11:48 PM

Bud10 is on a distinguished road

Im a PC gamer as well, well semi PC gamer. Right now the only PC game I been playing is Rise of Nations. Me and my friends are always playing with each other online. But I own tons of PC games, I got all the original Half-Life games as well as HL2 and HL2 Episode 1. I also play FEAR and Mafia,Medal of Honor Pacific assault and of course Kotor and Deus Ex (Both of which are my all time favorites). I got to many PC games it would take me ages to type them all up

I also own an Xbox 360 and here are my games
Far Cry 2
Ace Combat 6
Mass Effect (currently Playing)
Naruto: Rise of the Ninja
Naruto: The Broken Bond
Left 4 Dead
Fallout 3
Halo 3
Saints Row 1 and 2
GTAIV
The Darkness
Legendary
Gears of War 2
Cod4 and 5
Mirrors Edge
Perfect Dark
Dead Rising
Army of Two
Battlefield Bad Company
Assasins Creed
GRAW 2
Turning Point Fall of Liberty
Elderscrolls 4 Oblivion
Forza 2
Silent Hill:Homecomming
CrackDown
Lost Planet
Old 12-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

since my ps3 no longer reads blu-ray... my bro's and i have been playing Mugen which is like the ultimate fighting game but its for pc... think marvel vs. capcom but with every video game character you can think of... we hooked our ps3 controllers to the pc and have been addicted since...

Mugen in Action
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n1VkQg9tnMk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n1VkQg9tnMk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

---------------------------------------------------

Old 12-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

PS3 and iPhone all the way. Lately i've been playing Call of Duty 4, GTA IV, Mirrors Edge, GRID, MGS4 (greatest game of all times) and Bioshock. Also i've been annoying people on Home. if you see a fat old guy with a grey afro in a black tee, that's me.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Default PC only for me

Lets see...
Back in the Commodore days:

Bards Tale
Kampfgruppe
Stealth Fighter
Red Storm Rising
Pirates

PC days (286's, 386's, 486's, Pentiums...)

Civilization
Master of Orion
Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe
Hunt for Red October
Castle Wofenstien (can't remember the name of the original FPS ...)
Wing Commander (I - VI)
Civ & MOO II, III and IV...

WoW
Eve Online...

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 12-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
PC is only good if you can afford and/or have a decent build rig.
I prefer quadcores, as my noobpwning partner Jung can agree to.
Depends on which Quad Core you get. Intel's Dual Core 45nm 3.0 GHZ Wolfdale will rape some of the Quad Cores that costs twice as much. Most games only take advantage of Two Cores because it is harder to allocate resources in Quad Core when making games. I think PC's are the Ultimate Gaming Platform not only they have better graphics but the mouse and the keyboard is the best in terms of accuracy and efficiency. But I still like consoles. I think they are good for fighting games but that just because game developers who make fighting games don't make it for the PC's, so it's not actually PC's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Even got an AAm Warhammer group together preparing to launch this coming Friday.
Yeah I saw that. Unfortunately I don't have the game. I am not into MMORPG's, mostly play shooters and racing games. But maybe in the future I may give that a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post

for the Mac from like 1993 (yes I still use it every now and then)
Doom 2
Warcraft (original)
Sim City 2000
Warlords
Battle Chess
Pool of Radiance
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Secret of the Silver Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post

PC days (286's, 386's, 486's, Pentiums...)

Civilization
Master of Orion
Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe
Hunt for Red October
Castle Wofenstien (can't remember the name of the original FPS ...)
Wing Commander (I - VI)
Civ & MOO II, III and IV...
It's nice to see people play games from back in the day. Some of my fondest memories were playing Raptor: Call of the Shadows, Rise of the Triad, Wolfenstien 3D, Blake Stone, Hocus Pocus, One Must Fall, Duke Nukem II & 3D, the original Quake. Those were the days!

As for the original Wolfenstein FPS, I think you meant Wolfenstein 3D, which I believe was the very first FPS in the world to come out from the guys at ID Software.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
It's nice to see people play games from back in the day. Some of my fondest memories were playing Raptor: Call of the Shadows, Rise of the Triad, Wolfenstien 3D, Blake Stone, Hocus Pocus, One Must Fall, Duke Nukem II & 3D, the original Quake. Those were the days!

As for the original Wolfenstein FPS, I think you meant Wolfenstein 3D, which I believe was the very first FPS in the world to come out from the guys at ID Software.
Hey just because your from back in the day doesn't mean we all haven't played the classic's. My dad got me to try a lot of the games he played when he was growing up.

Anyway to stay on topic. I am mostly a PC gamer but I do own all the new age consoles. I am a big gamer and like to own everything so I can play everything, even though mostly I play my PC games. I like to play RPG's and FPS's, I play action and adventure games too, the only games I really don't play are sports and racing games (save Mario Kart). For Holiday season the only games I wanted were CoD: World at War and Left 4 Dead. I have Fallout 3 already, its alright.

As far as favorites go
PC: all time favorites
1. Baldur's Gate II: Shadow's of Amn
2. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
3. The Longest Journey
4. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
5. Unreal Tournament (original 1999 edition, played it to death)

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 12-26-2008, 07:00 PM

super5 is on a distinguished road
Default Warhammer.....

so all you poor sods who play warhammer... i picked it up again got a lvl 10 zealot named tiberieus on dark crag or whatever.... add me.... talk to me.... im lonley..... not on at this moment... but i might be someother time

oo btw....

ALIZEE ROCKS!!!! i got all of her cd's now expect en concert
Old 12-26-2008, 10:44 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Depends on which Quad Core you get. Intel's Dual Core 45nm 3.0 GHZ Wolfdale will rape some of the Quad Cores that costs twice as much. Most games only take advantage of Two Cores because it is harder to allocate resources in Quad Core when making games. I think PC's are the Ultimate Gaming Platform not only they have better graphics but the mouse and the keyboard is the best in terms of accuracy and efficiency. But I still like consoles. I think they are good for fighting games but that just because game developers who make fighting games don't make it for the PC's, so it's not actually PC's fault.
let's just say my 2.4 ghz quadcore runs games that require 3+ ghz

Quote:

Wolfenstein was the first FPS I believe and Doom was the first so called "3D" game and also the first game to introduce the deathmatch games in the era were often called doom clones term that has since been replaced with First Person Shooter

Old 12-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
let's just say my 2.4 ghz quadcore runs games that require 3+ ghz

Wolfenstein was the first FPS I believe and Doom was the first so called "3D" game and also the first game to introduce the deathmatch games in the era were often called doom clones term that has since been replaced with First Person Shooter
Return to castle Wolfenstein was one of the best games ever.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2