Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-26-2008, 11:30 AM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Of course I don’t know Alizée personally, but her life and happiness has become important to me and wanting the best for her makes me feel good inside.
I was in Paris in 2001 and heard Moi Lolita and Gourmandises in some sort of bakery with really delicious crousants baked in the shape of a circle with whip cream on top. I think i got hooked on those as well as Alizee when i was in France. When i got home, i found the old Alizee official and heard all her songs, i liked them, so i bought the CD and placed the songs in my iTunes and Moi Lolita just became another song in my huge collection of music i like. That was when i havent realized Alizee's true potential yet. After a few months, i was bored, and searched up this mysterious young french singer again, and found mes courants electriques.
This time, with all my most favorite songs in her name, A Contre Courant, Cest Trop Tard, Hey Amigo, J'en Ai Marre and JVPA. From there, i got all the songs she produced, from Moi Lolita Techno Remix, to Ella Ella L'a, and i've been buying her merchandise to the present. Except the clothes and posters with nothing to them but looks.....theres too much different kinds of clothes and i dont really see the point, when most of them look like they belong to girls or pedos. I joined this site in 2007 when i got depressed because i havent been to Europe in a while. I love Europe, plan on living there once i get my masters. Anyway, thats my story.
And lefty, i agree with you, wanting the best for something as special as Alizee makes you feel really good.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Languishing Without Lili

NarutoSoul is on a distinguished road

Youtube. I don't remember exactly how I got to her video, but I first came across JEAM. Now, I'll admit it, my first interest was her hotness(I was a teen awash in hormones... sue me! ). However, after moving on, watching more and more videos, I found my feelings change. She stirred something inside me... I found myself caring about her. I started researching and listening to her music. Here I am, over 3 years later, trying to make the US a viable place for her to perform! She has helped me too much for mere words to encompass, and I would gladly do anything to help her.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

David Barrett 1990-2000
(May he rest in peace)

Foreword:
During the near end of the year of 2000, David of the Barrett family lived his life, only to pass on towards the next day. This one particularly day would mark the end of young David's life, as he discovered the voice of one that would forever shatter he who had been. The song was "Moi...Lolita", and upon the radio, he heard it for the first time, a different language in the heart of his anglican homeland, England. Upon this voice, his life changed, forever, marked was his final day as David Barrett, identity change, soul recycled, and he was gone. Nothing would ever be the same for him ever again, he was now, a new person. Forever his desires and his dreams were thrown away, and replaced with the desires and the dreams of the new spirit, and forever he should answer the call of his new queen, whom was named Alizée.

Black and white are all he had seen, in his infancy...
Now, reaching out to him, color brings him to see...

Throughout 8 years, and forward, he now lives under a new light, Alizée...
Old 07-27-2008, 02:22 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

My story of discovering Alizee is not near as colorful or for as long a period as some of you although the outcome seems to be very similar across the board. I was cruising youtube and saw the picture of Alizee with her back to the camera in her little sailor JEAM video. That video is a tactical nuke! Anyway it peaked my interest and I started to watch other videos and then interviews .many French and then discovering some translated to English. Like others have said I discovered that she had a lot of depth to her and was much more that just another teenie bopper! Yes she is very alluring, but those eyes of hers express an intelligence. aliveness, joy, tenderness, love and then you add in her immense facial expressions you don't even have to know French. This all began for me last October I think. It has been an evolving situation and these days I can't get enough. As an artist her voice has a unique tone and range. Stevie Knicks and Sade come to mind as being very unique tone and maybe less range, but you get my drift. Long story short she has the whole enchilada as an artist, beautiful inside and out, intelligent,humble, kind, loving, great sense of humor,loves life, high morals, personal/professional integrity, courageous. Have to stop or this will turn into long story long story. It is amazing that especially men from all walks of life, backgrounds, ages, races,creeds etc. have drawn very similar identifiers re; Alizee. Very curious indeed. See on the road to Lilly Town!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:43 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Having been a professional musician for many decades, and having done session work in NYC, Nashville, Boston, Florida and other places, I have heard so much music, mostly from either America or Great Britain and was getting tired of what was being played on the radio.

Then a friend of mine from Europe told me about Alizée and said "Why don't you try listening to some of her music". That was all it took for me.

I was never much interested in France, because I was doing other things. However, after listening to Alizée, I became interested in Alizée's music, history, and then, after signing up for this forum, everything I could find out about France, as well. Now I listen to Alizée (and some other French artists, when I want a slight change of pace) to the total exclusion of everything else, except the music I am hired to learn and play.

Her voice, upbringing, attitude towards life, her morals, professionalism, humility, brains, personality, and of course, her most magnificant good looks, have all worked together to make me want to go to France and no other place, prior to being able to go there first. I have become interested in all things Alizée, and France.

I have always loved commercial music and find her music to represent the freshest music with the most depth and feeling of any I have heard in many years. I have not been this excited about listening to a specific person's music since Elvis, and the British Invasion. I have been this way for four years now, and the feeling has not let up. Instead, it has continually strengthened during this time, with much assistance from this forum and it's wonderful and generous members.

I am constantly driving my band, studio people and everyone around me crazy because whenever they see me, I am listening to Alizée.

Whenever I am asked what music I like to listen too, and I state "Alizée, and her French 'tangy pop' ", I get the most amazing reactions, especially after the person asking the question has heard me perform.

I cannot get enough of Alizée all the time, and I truly love it!

Last edited by C-4; 07-29-2008 at 12:30 PM..
Old 07-29-2008, 12:36 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

That was an epic thread revival. Best of all, I don't need to tell my story again!

Analyzing my year-old posts, note the pun that I made on Alizée's name. Only a very recent fan would do that.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:25 AM

Camapajama is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
That was an epic thread revival. Best of all, I don't need to tell my story again!

Analyzing my year-old posts, note the pun that I made on Alizée's name. Only a very recent fan would do that.
Wait..because her name is similar in the translation of 'Trade-wind?'

Sorry, I'm not good at puns, nor getting subtle jokes or anything

Old 07-30-2008, 12:34 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camapajama View Post
Wait..because her name is similar in the translation of 'Trade-wind?'
Exactly that
Old 07-30-2008, 12:53 AM

Camapajama is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
Exactly that
Haha! Of all the puns I ever get, they better to continue to be part of Alizee

Oh..While I'm here, might as well post as how I became a fan.
It all started on an ominous day. It was rather depressing, but I felt music could cheer me up. So, I jumped on the internet, and started looking at music in general.

Now normally I'm more of a 'Killswitch Engaged,' or,'In Flames,' or,'Breaking Benjamin,' or...Well you get the picture. I'm more of a hard rock kind of person.

Anyway, I looked at some music, and decided,"It's time for a change in pace." So, I started looking at Techno/Dance music (it's basically tied, in favorites, with hard rock).

Nothing really appealed to me, so I figured I would play a game for a while...
While you may have guessed it, I play World of Warcraft every now and then. So, out of just curiosity, I play around with the game for a while, and some how come up with the question: Where did all these dances come from?

So, onto Youtube I went (Comments on that site are dreadful, by the way ) I typed in,"WoW dances."
So, I watch the most popular video of the origins of the dances, and about mid-way through, I see Alizee. Her beauty caught me, but so did her music.

Now, knowing Youtube, comments about how 'hawt' Alizee is, are seemingly always appearing in the space below the video. Obviously, since there wasn't any other amazingly beautiful women in the video, I came to the conclusion of the obvious: This was Alizee.

So, next step? You betcha, type in Alizee in the Youtube search bar
JEAM comes up, and I virtually immediately become entranced by her voice, dance, and overall presence.

I spend about 10 more minuets looking at all the videos with her performances in it, and decide I need to look at other websites.

Now, I spend about 20-40 minuets a day looking at this website, but I never really put in effort to make an account and post.

So a few months go buy, and here I am posting

Sheesh, long post (at least for me anyway)

Old 07-30-2008, 01:14 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Hmmm - Familiar Thread!

This is how I started...

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=1428

bah, thats after..... Here i go again....

/emote Diving back into the search engine.....

sorry - I can't find it - and its too late for me to try and re-type it....

Friends daughter let me hear a min. of A Countre Courant... Took a couple weeks, but I started U-tubing it...

Here I am!

Ed

03-19-2009: FOUND IT!

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...9&postcount=13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Hello all! I've been lurking on the site for about a month and a half - just checking things out.

I live in upstate NY (about 4.5 hours from NYC) near Ithaca, NY. I work as a Security Officer for a hospital (not contract security - Private Security).

I discovered Alizee accidentally when some friends of mine brought their 14 yr. old daughter into work one afternoon, and (to take her mind off the tetnus shot she was soon to get) i asked her what she was listening to on her I-pod. I heard "A Countre Courant" and was floored by the voice! I do NOT normally like Euro-pop (or any pop for that matter) but i LOVED that voice. So after a couple of days when i couldn't stop thinking about that voice and that song - I went to Wikkipedia... and the rest is history....

Thanks to Admin Brad - Nice site here.

Edcognito

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience

Last edited by Edcognito; 03-19-2009 at 05:23 AM.. Reason: found linky