Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-06-2010, 01:06 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée in French showbiz and French variété?

RE: [2010-01-05] Alizée in TECHNIKART Magazine
Translation by Backinblack:

Mika, "Relax (Take It Easy)"
"I sang this song at Les Enfoirés, with Christophe Maé, Patrick Fiori and Nolwenn Leroy. Les Enfoirés is very exclusive. I did it in 2001, when I was 16, and have done it four times since then. It's the exclusive club of French showbiz and French variété. A big change from Institubes. I want to make this big change, even though in France it can be complicated. Still, it's good to be interested in a bit of everything."

Since 2001, Alizée has been appearing in Les Enfoirés - this very exclusinve group of performers. She seems to be accepted as she was invited even when she had been out of the public eye for a few years.

Although those who actually saw her in person can comment with much more authority than I, she does seem to have what it takes to be in the middle of that group. We all know that she has very good stage presence, and her personality is very warm and friendly.

There is one more aspect to this that we cannot see easily. In order for her to get invited back each year, even when she was not on top, she has to actually be liked by them and they have to think that she adds something to the mix.

I think she does and, based on the videos I have watched, she seems to be very much at home in that environment. I have wondered for years if this is the direction she would eventually steer towards.

So here are the questions:

1. Do you think Alizée has what it takes to become a general performer: appearing on TV, and perhaps even on stage?

2. Do you think Alizée will choose this direction - perhaps even steering away from an individual role as a singer in time.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:53 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

1. Do you think Alizée has what it takes to become a general performer: appearing on TV, and perhaps even on stage?

She has been on stage since childhood. So why not? On her true acting capabilities we can only speculate though.

2. Do you think Alizée will choose this direction - perhaps even steering away from an individual role as a singer in time.

Not really. There were numerous rumors over time that she will participate in movies and such, but so far nothing has materialized, except of this little role in the mexican soap opera.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I don't know if Alizée has the ability to play a leading role in a movie, nor do I think she would be willing to invest the huge time away from family that is sometimes required when shooting on location in a big production. I can see her possibly getting into smaller supporting roles here and there. Other than that, I think she would prefer to maintain her singing career. I think it offers her a lot of flexibility in time spent working versus her personal time.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post

She has been on stage since childhood. So why not? On her true acting capabilities we can only speculate though.

Not really. There were numerous rumors over time that she will participate in movies and such, but so far nothing has materialized, except of this little role in the mexican soap opera.
True. However, I am talking long term. During her early career she was at limit with just what she was involved in, and then she disappeared.

How about 3 years from now... 5 years ... 10 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I don't know if Alizée has the ability to play a leading role in a movie, nor do I think she would be willing to invest the huge time away from family that is sometimes required when shooting on location in a big production. I can see her possibly getting into smaller supporting roles here and there. Other than that, I think she would prefer to maintain her singing career. I think it offers her a lot of flexibility in time spent working versus her personal time.
How about Linda Ronstadt. Over the years she kept forming bands, that would then break away (like the Eagles). She later spent time on the Broadway stage.

By the way, look at her hair in this video:
Linda Ronstadt - Long Long Time
Old 03-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

In regard to whether she would spend the time away from her family to make a movie, keep in mind that children do grow up. When Alizée turns 30, Annily will be 10. Spending time away from a 10-year-old is much less traumatic than spending it away from a 5-year-old. If she has the acting ability (there are some signs of that from the ML and MJ music videos), she might get into movies when she's in her 30s.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 05-23-2012, 12:16 AM

Now that she is essentiallly single again, will this cause her to adjust the direction she chooses in her professional life?
Old 05-23-2012, 02:51 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Do you think she will choose to market herself differently? During Psyche, she was still more or less together with Jeremy (did they start having problems during the production of that album, or just after?), so I feel like she was presented in a less flirtatious, provocative way than her previous two albums, whether out of respect for Jeremy or because she was tired of playing up the sexual angle. I have a feeling it was both.

She really doesn't strike me as an especially sexual person, I don't think having a provocative image would suit her, single or not.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 11-10-2012, 03:42 AM

Then what image would suit her?
Old 11-10-2012, 05:05 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well I hate to raise the subject again, but when you have tatoos on your arms depicting Sailor moon and another one of Snow White carrying an assault rifle, I think it will seriously hamper what type of image she might try to portray. She can no longer project a princess type of personna. She can no longer portray a sexy personna unless it's that of trampy style of sexiness. She can no longer place herself in a serious role. I think she can only portray herself in a light hearted, which would probably be best, or maybe a comedic way or maybe in a biker chick kind of way. Any other way and people just will not be able to take her seriously.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:25 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well I hate to raise the subject again, but when you have tatoos on your arms depicting Sailor moon and another one of Snow White carrying an assault rifle, I think it will seriously hamper what type of image she might try to portray. She can no longer project a princess type of personna. She can no longer portray a sexy personna unless it's that of trampy style of sexiness. She can no longer place herself in a serious role. I think she can only portray herself in a light hearted, which would probably be best, or maybe a comedic way or maybe in a biker chick kind of way. Any other way and people just will not be able to take her seriously.

It's not completly clear on what her tattoo could prevent her to do... but it shows once again that she didn't care and that the bad point for me.
When I see Lorie or Shy'm, I see young women ready for everything, dance, songs, movies... entertainement ! and because they are open to all of this they know they have choice to do. Like to not having a child for the moment, or covered their skin with too much tatoo. Just to be available for everything that could happen in their carreer.
I don't say its right or wrong, but it make sense for me.

They have a goal, they want to reach it.
I don't feel Alizée in the same mood at all...