Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-07-2012, 11:59 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee's Career - what went wrong?

Okay, I didn't want to clog the pictures thread with this, but I had a response. Considering this is a discussion forum, I see nothing wrong with this topic. Anyway, here we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
When she hooked up with Jeremy, she was one of the hottest singers in Europe and when he was done with her, they didn't even know she was still performing or should I say, trying to perform.
Let's not forget that getting married also ruined Jeremy's career. The both of them were extremely popular before they got together, but both of their images changed and it just didn't work out for them. He was dark and mysterious and wrote music that teens and young adults related to, but then he got with Alizee and started writing more positive lyrics. Ultimately, I think that was the demise of Alizee's fame. She went from young, sexy, and single to being a mom.

One of the reasons Mylene can still sell out stadiums is because she is a French icon. What ultimately set off Mylene's career was going from the conservative 80s look to being sexy and risque (also went through major physical changes), and quite frankly, she pushed the envelope. If you've looked at translations of her music, it isn't very happy. I'd say the majority is very depressing and some is quite dark and sexual. Her career is quite similar to Madonna's. She's not a goody goody, she's a bad gurl and people like that.

Alizee has gone from spicy and vibrant, to being very vanilla, at least career-wise. I don't think the music has ever really been the issue. Jeremy is a great artist and a very successful song writer and producer. UEDS was pretty prententious so I can see why it didn't go over well, but Chateau Marmont kind of left her in a lurch as well. Anyway, you have to think of it from different angles.

People have also been asking me what I meant when I said "you don't know what you're talking about." Okay, so it's not anything super special and I don't know ALL the details. Here is what I do know. This is from another forum and is available for everyone to see.

Regarding the recent split-up/divorce, I do not know the details. All I know is what my source told me a couple of years ago. Alizee did not want to go back into the entertainment industry and Jeremy basically had to force her to record Psychedelices. She was starting to feel very resentful that he made her go back to work when she didn't want to. When the rumors started that they split up the first time, it was true. I thought they might have reconciled since then, but it appears they have not.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

While for the most part i agree with the stuff you usually say so just two add my two cents .

1 cent - nothing went wrong as per the title here and everything is fine in my honest opinion . people/fans just want what they want or read into things as they see it , i am sure if you sat down with her for a few days and eventually came to the realization from her perspective yours would change completely .

2nd cent - as i ended cent 1 above , the same with her marriage . If you took it from her perspective and not third party you would see things completely differently . While you can point to this or that , interviews and so on they really don't add up the whole picture .

I didn't bother blowing up the clips , without her going into detail talking to me personally it all really means nothing to me , she said , he said . . .
Old 08-08-2012, 12:32 AM

Well, she will never talk to you about her marriage personally. I am just giving a little info from the people that are close her, don't shoot the messenger.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:47 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Alizee has gone from spicy and vibrant, to being very vanilla,
This is common for women in general for the time period under discussion. I suspect that being a celebrity over that time just amplifies the affect. Having a child even more so.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

That all sounds about right to me.

I will give you guys some inside info, when Alizee was in Mexico, Jeremy was there, but would not even be around her. Jeremy is the one who put her band together for the Psychedelices Tour. Alizee wanted nothing to do with the band. She would not even talk to them. She would sit on opposite sides of the room as far away as she could from them. Even when they were leaving Mexico, she did not even say goodbye to them.

They did not like her as well. DJ Karve personally asked me to delete some videos recently because he does not want anything to do with her. I told him that I would not because, its not my problem to cover up the past. I told him, if he was not happy, he should not have been her DJ.

Then as you all remember her concert back in Mexico where it was looking like she was crying the whole times and everyone said it was her make-up getting in her eyes... She did not want to be there back with them, reliving that all over again.

Soooo this problem with Jeremy and her has been going on longer then people think.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:08 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, she will never talk to you about her marriage personally.
Never say never , for all you know i am her , maybe Karin is her or maybe you are her . . . Maybe she is my myspace BFF or something like that lol . Perhaps even i am her psychologist . Stars aren't as untouchable as most seem to think . . I mean look at her friends they aren't all these celebs and famous people . Really though my point there is none of this matters to me , the he said she said . If indeed she did talk to me about it then i'd listen . Which as i said i can guarantee you then she would see things and explain her whole life experience as a Cinderella story and not Snow White with a machine gun . Otherwise the Jeremy said this , she said that in a one sentence interview answer . . Her friend said this - meaningless to me .
From what i see here and there it's all got a very jealously lined undertone via third party perspective .

Quote:
I am just giving a little info from the people that are close her, don't shoot the messenger.
Touche' - sorry if and when i do come off harshly i really don't mean to but you people bring it out of me so it's really all your faults

Also not that i mind all this talk so don't stop because i bitch , for the most part that is why i am here interacting cuz i really do enjoy all your company .

EDIT - oh yeah , as for those people claiming to be close to her . They really don't seem to be so close when they sum her up with such brunt statements . See it makes them look bad , her look bad and sad , which surely isn't the case . Then like here gets people talking like spreading stories in school and things get mis-construed

Last edited by alizeefan; 08-08-2012 at 01:15 AM..
Old 08-08-2012, 02:04 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Here are some old thoughts on the topic:
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...5&postcount=82

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1834

Last edited by Rev; 08-08-2012 at 02:16 AM..
Old 08-08-2012, 02:47 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

This is all fan speculation and/or hogwash written by someone that wants to be admired and looked-upon as an individual that is close to Alizée; and not quality information written by somebody who actually is close to or knows Alizée. All of the information is public knowledge mixed with personal pipe dreams. I'm not drinking the cool-aid.

Sorry to burst your bubble Euphoria.

I wish people would quit acting like they know Alizée on a personal level or like they have the "inside" info when they don't. I mean, some of us joke around and stuff and that is cool. But people that try to act like they have special info to leak and they act like it's genuine... they need to take down their Alizée shrine and get a life. Seriously... because it's getting out of hand!

Old 08-08-2012, 02:56 AM

Oh please, Aaron. If anyone has an Alizee shrine, it's you. Get over yourself.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:51 AM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeefan View Post

1 cent - nothing went wrong as per the title here and everything is fine in my honest opinion.
I agree with this.

Of course I understand the sentiment in the thread title but I prefer to see Alizee's career as 'evolving' rather than simply taking a nose-dive following the marriage and the split with MF/LB. We can all speculate as to the reasons for that turning point and I'm sure we all have our preferred version of events. I have mine, I'm happy with it, and everything I've seen or read about her since that time has only served to confirm it. I may be deluded but I'm happy. Ergo, thinking about Alizee makes me happy.

Last edited by Panther; 08-08-2012 at 07:23 AM..