Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-14-2017, 08:25 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

The deal we made was for two months so that's what it will be and AF will stay open through the end of February.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:53 PM

Paybays is on a distinguished road

Let them unban those who have been unrightfully banned. Maybe that will make people come back
Old 01-14-2017, 02:02 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Paybays, as a mod on two boards for several years (Non Alizée) in almost all cases people get themselves banned. Do some get banned unfairly, yes and that is usually the fault of the board owner.

I actually got banned from a financial board a few years ago for telling the new owner to quit acting like an asshole with his political views. Short version, guy buys a very successful board with 250-300 individual daily posters with total membership over ten thousand.

This clown had this view, that either you agree with me politically or I'll make your life hell and or ban you. With in a two years there were less than fifty posters, and in another two years less than 10 of his butt kissing members were posting per day period. The boards forum finally closed down last fall.

Here and AF I understand and agree with the need to remove the Trolls as quickly as possible. One major point is, never ever let one or a small group (Bullies) dictate the direction of the board contrary to the the rest of the members needs and wants.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:26 AM

Paybays is on a distinguished road

I was exactly like you. I told RMJ and Orion to stop living in a dreamworld and to stop acting like she is the most important thing in the world. Resulted in a permanent ban. After that someone got hold of my account snd started trolling. Either way AF is doomed thanks to the great reputation with Alizee. One big final unban wave could save AF.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:56 AM

AlphaDevil2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well it sounds like from what regular AF members say that there's not much that can be done for that forum except for something to happen on Alizée's part. So I wont do anything more to try and save that forum and so I'm sure it will probably shut down at the end of next month. Que sera, sera.
I'm not trying to be negative about the future of AF, but I just cant really see anyway forward in which the forums can be saved. However saying that I am thankful that you tried to find a way to save it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paybays View Post
. Either way AF is doomed thanks to the great reputation with Alizee. One big final unban wave could save AF.
Even if there was this banning amnesty I really can't see how things will change. Most have moved on in their lifes/ reside on other forums and on Facebook and twitter as we have all said things have moved on.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:38 AM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

Now, when it comes about some members of the AAm get banned, I think that could be reconsidered. I think that would be a good idea since there is not so much of activity on the board since long ago, and we know that some of our old members who were banned since long ago were much active then. Thus if their banned status is reconsidered, and perhaps canceled, they could get their active status to participate in the forums again. Thus we would get more active members on the AAm.
I know that there are many forums on the internet, and I know that it's not uncommon that a member who gets banned stays to be banned just for some period of time, and when that time expired he regains his active status again and he can continue to participate in the discussions on the forum again. Many forums on the internet have such a policy.
By the way, who is making decisions to ban a member at AAm? Perhaps he could cancel some of our old members banned status. Thus we could invite some of our old members who are interested to participate in the forums again.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:24 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Banning doesn't come easily here and it's usually isn't an individual's decision to ban somebody, but it's discussed by 3 or more mods or at least that's how it was done when I was a mod. The members who have been banned usually did something serious either on one occasion or lesser things on several occasions. I think what it would take for the forum to let someone back in is evidence that the individual in question, has changed their ways. For example, if someone was banned from here, then became active in another forum such as AF, we could visit that forum and see what their "recent" track record is.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
... I think what it would take for the forum to let someone back in is evidence that the individual in question, has changed their ways. For example, if someone was banned from here, then became active in another forum such as AF, we could visit that forum and see what their "recent" track record is.

I think that it would be very difficult to ascertain whether someone has changed their ways, and that simply because those members are not active posters in any of the Alizée related forums since long ago. And I think that is not necessary, and as far as I know there are many forums on the internet which have such a policy that their members are not banned for good, but are banned just for some period of time, and when that period of time expired they regain their active status regardless of any requirement, condition or anything.

Who is responsible to make decisions on this banning thing currently at our AAm? I think it'd be a good idea for him/they to consider to cancel banned status to our old members, and we could invite them to join discussions here again if they are willing to post here again.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:25 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

The number of members who have been banned here is quite small. I can only remember one or two regular members being banned in the nearly five years I have been a member, and I think one actually requested to be banned. If someone was banned in the past, they were probably given several chances to prove themselves, and it must not have been important enough to them to make the effort.

I would not expect to see any of the bans from 'the old days' lifted here.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
The number of members who have been banned here is quite small. I can only remember one or two regular members being banned in the nearly five years I have been a member, and I think one actually requested to be banned. If someone was banned in the past, they were probably given several chances to prove themselves, and it must not have been important enough to them to make the effort.

I would not expect to see any of the bans from 'the old days' lifted here.

There were some of them banned even much earlier than just in the previous 5 years, and some of them were much active, if I remember RMJ for example. And perhaps some others.
I really think it could be a good idea to think about that, and especially because of the circumstances that became obvious with our and other Alizée related forums. If some of them want to participate, let they express their desire to make a contact.