Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-01-2006, 04:31 AM

scameter is on a distinguished road
Default Her Marriage and her becoming more of a celebrity

From the first moment I discoverd her, only a couple weeks ago, I have been transfixed; I have attempted to listen and watch everything about her, from concerts, to music videos, ro interviews; I love her personality, her voice, her talent, her appearance, and her French-ness, and my adoration has no ceased- well, not much. Unfortunately, recently, I discovered a page on another Alizee discussion forum discussing her marriage in 2005. The picture attached to the article showed her and her new husband somewhere public (it looked like either a mall or an airport, but I'm not sure); I couldn't help, unfortunately, but to notice that she was wearing what looked like extremely rich attire simply there for glamour and to show her money because she could, and she also didn't act as.... light-hearted as she did before her marriage. I know this may seem very cynical or judgemental of me, but I can't help but feel that her marriage has begun in her a streak of normality as being a celebrity, moving farther into the realm of being a rich, arrogant celebrity, like most celebrities. I thought she was different, and initially she was for quite some time, and that is alot of why I like/liked her; but, now, it seems that the grips of her wealth and popularity are taking hold of her, making her more like a celebrity- arrogant and entrenched in her image and wealth. I just hope that my impression is untrue; although I fear it isn't.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:38 AM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

Can you post that image or sent the link as to where u saw that image so that we can also make a few judgements?

Last edited by aditya8617; 07-01-2006 at 05:29 AM..
Old 07-01-2006, 05:10 AM
nate714

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya8617
Can you post that image so that we can also make a few judgements?
what he said.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:15 PM

Brianh is on a distinguished road
Default well

as the rest said if you could post the pic, but to be honest I have been an alizee fan for about a year or so now, and even I found she was married all the stuff I have seen she doesn't seem to have change. Her style is still somewhat punkish as that is what she wears when not on stage, but yeah that picture would help.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:49 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

if anything she is less of a celebrity today, compared to 2000 - 2003. Her husband is a 'fasion designer' on the side, so I'm sure that has a little something to do with whatever picture you saw. I have to agree with the previous post and describe her style as more punk / grunge than hi-class fasion.

her past image was also very manufactured in a sense .. I can't wait to see her new stuff WITHOUT the 'Farmer influence' ... (if that is the case, we really dont have any real knowledge on her new stuff)
Old 07-02-2006, 12:29 AM

Can you post that image or sent the link as to where u saw that image so that we can also make a few judgements?

Sure. : http://img317.imageshack.us/my.php?i...oici0426he.jpg But, it's probably just my cynicism. I guess I'm expecting her to look absolutely thrilled all the time, and not wear nice clothes. Sorry for my cynicism and pessimism my friends.

Last edited by scameter; 07-02-2006 at 12:42 AM..
Old 07-02-2006, 12:53 AM

droggo is on a distinguished road

I fail to see how a scarf and blue jeans qualify as "rich attire." Nor would I want everyone snapping every moment in my life, especially when I am on my way back from some trip, which this appears to be, as being representative as to who I am.

A little defensive,

--Droggo

That's an airport FYI. The article in the photo is questioning whether or not Alizee is pregnant and whether or not her marriage is legal under French law...typical journalism by paparazzi stuff...think "The National Enquirer"

Last edited by droggo; 07-02-2006 at 01:05 AM..
Old 07-02-2006, 02:57 AM

Indeed. As I said, I think it was simply my cynicism and almost automatic leaning towards pessimism on things, especially things I value, like Alizee.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:03 AM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

Yeah, that was Alizee and Jeremy in casual attire at the McCarran airport here in Las Vegas standing in line waiting to get their bags x-rayed so they could board the plane back to France. That's casual clothing my friend.. from what I have seen, she usually wears clothing like that. She likes wearing that razor blade necklace too, i've seen her alot in pictures wearing that.

The marriage certificate, I have never seen before, thanks for sharing. I live in Clark County here in Las Vegas and was always curious if this marriage certificate was for real.. now i know. Back in november 2003 I had never even heard of Alizee. I wouldn't have given her a second look if I passed her and Jeremy on the las vegas Strip, lol

Alizee is very down to earth, I don't see "celebrity" going to her head as it has done to others. Alizee comes from a tiny island in the mediterranean sea and from humble surroundings. I mean look, she personally takes the time to sign autographs for anyone who asks and is very giving of herself and time.

Alizee has the right to enjoy "celebrity", let's give her that, let her enjoy and be happy for her. Don't worry, I am positive that Alizee has family and friends who remind her that she is still just a humble girl from Ajaccio, Corsica who has been very fortunate, and that will keep her firmly grounded.

May the gentle tradewinds of Alizee keep blowing our way!
Old 07-02-2006, 03:51 AM

No problem my friends, and thanks; what you say is quite true. As I said, my mind tends to be almost automatically pessimistic, and in this case, since I care so much about her, I guess the pessimism was simply waiting to come out. She does deserve to be happy. We all do. To be honest, one of the things that has intrigued me most about her is to see her happy, and how her happiness can make others subsequently happy. This is why I honour her artistic profession so much; but many within it become celebrities, slaves to their image and money. But, now, I do not see Alizee as being a celebrity; thanks to you guys. Thanks alot. You really don't know what your help has meant to me.