Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-12-2015, 03:57 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

So where is she? Did she get married and become a housewify slob, watching TV at home in her fluffy slippers while the dishes piled up in the kitchen sink? What? Is this the end of the dream?
Old 09-12-2015, 05:34 PM

Paybays is on a distinguished road

Alizée her Blonde album is an amazing album, I don't really care what others say. I find Cinq and UEDS very boring " dark themed " albums. With exception of some good songs. I don't understand why critics claim that Blonde is a shit album, she went back to her " roots "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
So where is she? Did she get married and become a housewify slob, watching TV at home in her fluffy slippers while the dishes piled up in the kitchen sink? What? Is this the end of the dream?
Due to earlier times of Alizée beeing away and gossiping about what she will do, she will probably stick a lot of time in her dancing studio teaching people to dance. I doubt she will have a comeback, since her last was underwhelming according to critics ( and critics always know right ). I doubt I will ever see her as beautiful as she is. My hopes are that when I'm 70 I will find out where she lives so I can meet her.

Last edited by Paybays; 09-12-2015 at 05:37 PM..
Old 09-12-2015, 06:10 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

If Blonde had caught on, she could have had quite a ride. Unfortunately, I do not think it was a very good album (which it would have had to have been in order to catch on, with all the competition).

I do think it was an interesting attempt - that she took a risk - but the album was not good enough to support the risk. Pascal simply did not do a good enough job with the songs. As a result, she crashed and burned.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:35 PM
Fan since 2008

MelleValetta is on a distinguished road

If she decides to continue singing: I have seen how let more than three years between each album has been detrimental to the sales of albums. If there will be a new album Alizee, I think they should try to focus the promotion outside France
Old 09-15-2015, 07:56 PM

DannyMac524 is on a distinguished road

Louane has just released a new song "Nos Secrets". It is a hybrid French / English song. (Seeing more dual language songs these days for some reason) I think she is slowly piecing together a new album. Right now she IS the darling of French pop music. She has a really nice sandy voice. Her sound is not polished, but she has a nice "thing" about it. I like her as she is clean cut, energetic and has a very honest sound. She also has really great musicians backing her up. Her keyboard player JB is awesome, and her drummer is equal to Alizée's Louig during the Mes Courants era. I purchased Chambre 12, her first album, and really like it. Real catchy tunes. I wish her well.

I am not sure if Lilly is going to cut another album. I honestly think she said "good bye" in the last song of her last album. I hope not, but only time will tell I guess. Lilly is and always will be... premier dans ma coeur.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:21 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelleValetta View Post
If she decides to continue singing: I have seen how let more than three years between each album has been detrimental to the sales of albums. If there will be a new album Alizee, I think they should try to focus the promotion outside France
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac524 View Post
I am not sure if Lilly is going to cut another album. I honestly think she said "good bye" in the last song of her last album. I hope not, but only time will tell I guess. Lilly is and always will be... premier dans ma coeur.
With the recent picture she posted along with something else I heard, I'm tending to think she might be opening up a dance school. If that happens, I think she'll be so wrapped up in the school, she wont have the time it takes to work on an album unless it's way down the road or unless someone in the industry approaches her with the idea, but I don't think that's likely with her lack of singing success in the past several years. An announcement of a dance school could send many of her fans scurrying to the exits I'm afraid.

We'll probably know something concrete by the end of the year at least, but I'm thinking more likely in the next 30 days of what "she's planning". If it's a dance school, she'd want to open it while the memory of DALS is still on people's mind.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-16-2015 at 04:23 AM..
Old 09-16-2015, 06:30 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the update, Dave.
Stephen
Old 09-16-2015, 09:48 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Well Gregoire has been posting a lot of pictures with his students from his families dance studio. Might be a weekend commuting relationship until and if there is a dance school opening up in Ajaccio.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Well, as far a dance school goes... I wouldn't be surprised at all it Alizée and Grégoire do open one. But like ALS said Greg seems to be working at the family studio in Romans recently. Also dance academies run semesters in the fall and spring so they would have already been in operation if they were going to this year. Maybe in the spring?

I think that photo she posted of that dancer thing was just a photo that she saw and re-posted, not something she actually has.

I guess they would need a couple of other instructors to have their own studio. She can't teach dance and Greg couldn't handle more than a few groups on a regular basis.

I wouldn't mind if she gave out a few clues about her plans, but it is Alizée after all so I guess she'll just surprise us.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:20 PM

Anton is on a distinguished road

I never understood the extremely harsh reviews on "Blonde". Maybe it wasn't her best album but it wasn't her worst either. It was a fresh, fun album, quite different from the last two. There were gems like Alcaline and Tweet which I would have loved to see played live by Ali. If the so-called Alizee devoted fanbase had bought the album we could have enjoyed the Blonde Tour and maybe a new album by now. What I mean is that the album was good and didn't deserve the poor sales it had. Maybe the bad promo and Alizée looks didn't help but I'm sure she felt betrayed and hurt by her fans response to the album.