Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 07-07-2014, 10:51 PM

Anton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
I don't think it is good for a dance. That she is a dancer too, doesn't mean now she must dance on each her song. We saw her dancing many times, but to see her singing LIVE is more precious.

Easy to compare - "Kiss FM Live" with dance and playback, or "C à vous" no dance but live singing. From what I read on forums, for Alcaline it fits just singing.
Alizée is young, she is a dancer and she's good at it. I found her performance at "C à vous" very boring, with those close ups at the public who seemed very bored too. "Alcaline" is a gem, a very powerful song and it's a waste to sing it like it was a ballad.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:29 AM

battousai is on a distinguished road

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3hAtoccm0M

Last edited by battousai; 07-08-2014 at 04:38 AM..
Old 07-08-2014, 04:48 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post
Alizée is young, she is a dancer and she's good at it. I found her performance at "C à vous" very boring, with those close ups at the public who seemed very bored too. "Alcaline" is a gem, a very powerful song and it's a waste to sing it like it was a ballad.
But first she is a singer still. She has no clear priorities. If she wants be a dancer, then it is time wasting to make a music.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:01 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Old 07-11-2014, 04:41 PM

Alizée at 3min
Old 07-13-2014, 12:33 PM
HipHopHead

Jacotey is on a distinguished road

Old 07-13-2014, 02:49 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
But first she is a singer still. She has no clear priorities. If she wants be a dancer, then it is time wasting to make a music.
So she's the only pop singer not allowed to use playback for difficult dances? I don't think she's really a good enough singer for live performances. =/
Old 07-13-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
So she's the only pop singer not allowed to use playback for difficult dances? I don't think she's really a good enough singer for live performances. =/
Where I said she can't use playback? Of course she can. I'm happy she is invited to many events, that she is dancing again. But during the 14years she used playback so many times, that yet it is normal for her... it would be good to see her sometimes singing really LIVE. That's why I like her live Alcaline from "C a vous". Maybe it was not the best, but for fans it is precious to hear her really live.

Last edited by Lucas; 07-13-2014 at 03:52 PM..
Old 07-13-2014, 05:01 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Alizee can't make a living solely as a dancer. The money is not there. Chorus girls are a dime a dozen and most of them are younger, more attractive, and better dancers than Alizee. Besides how many entertainers do you know--outside of ballet--who are famous solely as dancers. Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire are long gone. As a professional dancer, Alizee is mediocre. It's not a coincidence that the women she chose to accompany her in the Blond routine are older, less attractive, and have stocky bodies. I think she'd be better served with younger, prettier girls. Alizee won the dance contest because she was competing against amateurs, people who made their livings doing something other than dancing. Her Black Swan was an embarrassment. The dance was dumbed down to her ability. They took out the difficult moves. Her performance lacked energy, and the transitions from one move to another were awkward at best. This is a ballet performed by the top dancers in the world. The contrast between them and Alizee was not flattering. Alizee can dance well enough to do things like her blond routine, which is entertaining. If Alizee is to make a living as an entertainer she will have to stick to what she has a real talent for, singing. That's not to say she shouldn't supplement her singing with dancing as she does in Blond. Alizee might also be able to make it as an actress. She has talked about making movies, but I wonder why she has never tried it. I'm sure she has been offered scripts. You can see talent as an actress in her very first video; but even as an actress, age plays against her. Thirty-years old is a tough time to begin an acting career, especially for a woman, but Alizee has an advantage in that she can bring an audience with her. The most difficult part is finding the right script. She is too old to play the ingenue, and at her age even seasoned actresses have difficulty finding a role. Although she's made some mistakes, I don't think Alizee is flippant about her career. She has a very busy schedule, and I see her working her ass off. Entertainment is a tough business. I really want to see her succeed and would dearly hate for her to disappear from the scene.

Last edited by Shepherd; 07-13-2014 at 05:34 PM..
Old 07-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

I know people won't like this post, but I have been an Alizee fan for a LONG time and this is what I am seeing...

I feel the same way Lucas does. Alizee's been using playback so long now and so many times, it's getting strange. I feel the dancing gives her a reason to use playback, like an excuse. I went to the 5 concerts in Mexico and I saw Alizee sing live. She has it in her, but I dont think she wants to do that much anymore.

I mean Alizee is a singer. I don't know too many singers that don't love to sing live. If you told them to do playback, they would be upset. But in the case with Alizee, It think it's her choice to do playback so she never has to sing live.

As for Alizee being in movies, she's going to need to work on her English and lose the Tattoos or she's just going to have to stick to doing French movies.

Melissa Mars was at the same RFM Summer Live as Alizee. She sang live. Also she's fly's to the USA and shoots movies. As for Alizee being too old to be in movies (30 years old), Melissa is 32 years old and a woman and shooting movies in Hollywood. Could Alizee does that too?? No...because I dont think she wants to put forth the effort. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, I just think Alizee wants to raise her daughter and sit on the beach and eat out with Dancer Man. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't see the fire in her eyes to make her career better. If we did not have Sony pushing her or danse avec les stars asking her to be on it, I don't think we would be hearing for Alizee right now.

If you have not seen it, take a look at all the upcoming movies Melissa will be in theaters soon in the USA.