Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 12-28-2014, 10:40 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

And here via YouTube is > Christophe Willem chante "Idéaliser" also with some bonus discussion.

(See the above post, it's been updated with a longer video)
Old 12-29-2014, 09:08 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

These songs definitely sparked some emotions in Alizée. I'd love to know what Tina Arena said about Alizée after Tina sang Seulement pour te plaire.

I'd also like to know what was said after Idealiser was sung.

Thanks for posting Ray.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-29-2014 at 09:40 AM..
Old 12-29-2014, 06:36 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
(several youtube videos)
Is there any chance somebody could re-upload the videos in ALS' post to Youtube or elsewhere? I'm afraid I missed them and they've been removed
I would very much appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'd also like to know what was said after Idealiser was sung.
Me too, there was a forum member named Idealiser, I think they would also. That made me want to go back and listen to Psych again
Old 12-29-2014, 08:21 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Here is a Youtube video of Tina Arena singing Seulement pour te plaire.

-edit- First link broke, here is a new one. Bonus, there are a few minutes of discussion amongst the gang.

I really loved the interpretation of this song. It sounded a little bit melancholy, which fit the lyrics really well, imo.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:57 PM
Senior Moment

P♠N is on a distinguished road

Subtitles might be a bit too much work for now, but here's a rough transcription of some interesting parts of the show. I especially liked what people said about Alizée. And she spoke about things that are perhaps not that well known because this is not something one can discuss in a random interview.

Tina Arena:

Alizée is a great human being.
She has an enormous amount of empathy.
She is magnificent.

(After "Seulement pour te plaire")

Sublime.
You know I adore you, Alizée, I adore you!

I saw Alizée growing up.
She is an extraordinary person.
She is a young woman who owns up to her actions, who takes the good with the bad and accepts it.
She is someone who works, someone who is always likable.
To see her become the woman that she is today... I am super proud of her. Super proud of her!

This is a very beautiful song, very sophisticated. And I hear your evolution in this song (Referring to "Seulement pour te plaire")

Christophe Willem:

Yesterday, when Alizée sang the song of Patrick Fiori, "Sans bruit", wow, that was stunning.
For Alizée, it seems to be more difficult to engage (with people / discussions).
It's funny, it's like you feel there is a certain kind of protection around her.

(After Idéaliser)

"Powerful song"

Michel Fugain: "I will never look at you the same way, Alizée"

For me this was a real discovery. Thank you Alizée. I assure you Alizée, I found it tremendous/formidable.

Alizée(talking after Idealiser): I am someone who is sensible/sensitive, but who keeps a lot of those emotions inside.
Christoph's voice is a real musical instrument, I didn't expect his performance to be like that (wow)
And the fact that Christophe chose a song such as this one, it touches me, because it proves he looked around in my discography (among the songs that people don't really know) to try and know me and to discover my music.

Michel Fugain: I want to know a lot of things.
What's it like to be a young singer in 2014?
I have no idea.

(After the stories)

I had no idea, Alizée.
You are passionate.

Alizée:
There are a lot of difficulties. Especially for someone who starts like me. I started at a very young age. I was 15. The difficulty is... and I believe I am not the only one who has this problem... there are also people like Vanessa Paradis, France Gall... who have the same problem as me.
It's that ... I am 30 and people still refer to me as "the little one", like you also just called me (Referring to Michel Fugain who called Alizée "la petite")

I have done so many things in 15 years. But people think I've only done Moi Lolita. Thanks to this song I was able to travel the world. It was #1 in 22 countries. I was very lucky.

"That's sick!"
"Monumental!"
"Incredible!"
"Tremendous!"

I like when an artists take risks and enjoys himself. (Referring to Michel Fugain singing Moi Lolita)

Moi Lolita, it was by chance. Random chance. When I was young, I didn't sing. I wanted to dance during Graine de stars, but my friend asked me to participate as a singer aswell. She was the one who really wanted to become a singer and so I did her a favor by agreeing to sing aswell. Mylene Farmer was watching TF1 and there was a commercial break. Mylene switched over to M6 and saw me performing "Ma priere". The show was on in january, I met Mylene on the 18th of march. We went to New York for 10 days to record an album. She had a ... cassette recorder... I listened to a bunch of songs, melodies. I chose the ones I enjoyed the most and

**BAM... Gourmandises!**

When I was young, I didn't feel comfortable in my skin at all.
I had an unusual name.
There weren't too many Alizées.
People made fun of me.
I had glasses. I wasn't a beauty.
I didn't have many friends.
I was very shy. Very withdrawn.
It was difficult for me to ... interact... with others... and when I tried to, they pushed me aside and made fun of me.

So when I went to my dance courses it was a liberation.
I forgot all the bad things.
I took off my glasses and I could dance for hours.
I am not somebody who adores herself.
When I look in the mirror I am not in ecstasy.
When I sing on TV, I never look at myself.
I don't know why.
Everybody has their complexes and their problems.

(TF1 voiceover: Christophe, Tina and Michel are amazed by the young singer who confides for the first time... outside of her songs. )
Old 12-29-2014, 10:08 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by P♠N View Post
Subtitles might be a bit too much work for now, but here's a rough transcription of some interesting parts of the show. I especially liked what people said about Alizée. And she spoke about things that are perhaps not that well known because this is not something one can discuss in a random interview.
Thank you so much P♠N!

I guess I was picking up on some of these things, the emotions at least, but I wasn't able to really get the details.

I appreciate what you've done for us!
Old 12-30-2014, 01:34 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Thank you so much P♠N!

I guess I was picking up on some of these things, the emotions at least, but I wasn't able to really get the details.

I appreciate what you've done for us!
Seconded!
I kind of got a feel of what Tina was saying about Alizée in one of the clips, but you covered all the bases with your post, thanks so much P♠N!
Old 12-30-2014, 07:22 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

P♠N thanks a lot for the transcript, it was so interesting to read. But didn't say Patrick something too? Someone told me that he also said nice things about her and also that he knew her since childhood or something. But I think it was in the first show I don't know I didn't have time to watch the entire thing so far.

Poor dearie... it always makes me sad when Alizée talks about it how unhappy she was as a child, being bullied and feeling uncomfortable and insure. I'm happy that she could escape these things when she could dance. I think a lot of people who were bullied when they were younger - including me - can relate to this and it upsets me so much that even such a lovely person like Alizée had to go through this. And I'm happy that - even if she's still insecure and shy now - that she found her place, that she found Grégoire, that she found some kind of self-esteem and self-confidence because of DALS. And it makes me even more upset that people keep talking shit about her, knowing how upset she might be about it.

Btw there is a video of Patrick Fiori singing ACDLA (it was one of the video that wasn't aired), did anyone save that one? It was on youtube and I forgot to save it and now it's gone.

http://www.wat.tv/video/pas-vu-tv-pa...2b_6kinz_.html
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 12-30-2014, 10:10 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Sorry this is all I could find.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:55 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

That was really incredible for us P♠N.

We see her speaking so many times in French and we have to most of the times maybe get the general idea of what she's talking about but now to get a good translation of a show that brought out some of those inner feelings and emotions was priceless. Thank You!!

If nobody else does, I think I will add subtitles to the video at some point, at least for my own enjoyment if nobody else is interested.

We've heard some of it before, but I never realized she went to NY to work on the album (Why NY?). I had always thought she had gone there with Mylene to do some shopping and I also never realized that apparently Gourmandises was one of her favorite songs. By the way, I believe the video Gourmandises was filmed on Laurant Boutanant's property (estate?).

The thing about her going to NY to work on the album makes me wonder if that was part of the reason she went to NY in january of this year, to work on Blonde???? I never did believe the idea she went there during one of the coldest winters in recent history for vacation!!!!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post

I love the way she sings this song. I had to look up the lyrics. Another song this year that I can add to my playlist.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-30-2014 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts

Tags
alizee, stars au grand, tba, tf1