Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Articles and Blog

Old 06-19-2020, 07:12 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée featured in the top 100 favourite artists of the French in 2020

https://riffx.fr/barometre-riffx-by-...-des-francais/

Full Transcript (plus some brief notes in brackets):

RIFFX BY CRÉDIT MUTUEL 2020 BAROMETER: THE 100 FAVORITE ARTISTS OF THE FRENCH

It is one of the most anticipated polls of the year by music fans. After interviewing more than 1,000 French people in a survey by YouGov, RIFFX is making a comeback with its famous barometer! Who are the 100 favorite artists of the French public? Who occupies the 1 st spot this year? A singer, a singer? Rather old or new generation? All the answers are now in our RIFFX by Crédit Mutuel 2020 barometer!

Committed for almost 20 years alongside the music industry, Crédit Mutuel has been designated by the French as the music bank. Each year Crédit Mutuel sponsors 600 musical events in France, 90 festivals and 26 performance halls. Furthermore, 130 young talents had the chance to ensure the first parts of Louane, Zazie, Gims or Vianney… thanks to Crédit Mutuel.

For three years, RIFFX via the Yougov polling institute has established the barometer of the favorite artists of the French. The survey was conducted from 1 st to June 2 from a panel of 1,006 people representative of the French population (18 and older). The hour for results has come!

The 100 favorite artists of the French in 2020

(Alizée is 99th on the list)

Undeniable since the creation of the RIFFX by Crédit Mutuel barometer, Jean-Jacques Goldman is for the third consecutive time the favorite artist of the French, with 33% of votes , and this despite his media retirement from which he left exceptionally to support caregivers during containment . 1 behind the national number, Indochina (23%) and Francis Cabrel (21%) to spawn a spot on the podium to 2 respectively e and 3 e instead. Place then the next generation with Soprano (20%) in 4 th position monitoring Stromae (19%) 5 eposition in the hearts of French women and men. You will have noticed, this is an exclusively male top 5!

Where are the women?
If the top 30 is mainly made up of male artists, some female artists still manage to find prime places in the RIFFX by Crédit Mutuel barometer. This is the case of Celine Dion (17%) in 9 th place ranking first wife, then followed the idol of the new generation: Belgian singer Angèle (14%) that is 16 th . A little further on, the pop legend Mylène Farmer (12%) is found in 26 th position.

Angèle, DJ Snake and Nekfeu stars of 18-24 year olds
Among the young generation, the leading trio is not really a surprise when we see that they are artists with the most recent successes in the French musical landscape. Angèle collects 35% of the votes among 18-24 year olds, ahead of DJ Snake (34%) and the rapper Nekfeu (34%) . Among those over 55, the podium is occupied by three male artists who are no longer beginners: Jean-Jacques Goldman (39%) , Francis Cabrel (28%) and Florent Pagny (27%) .

(These two images above translate to the same thing on Google: favourite French singers. I assume it's favourite Male singers followed by favourite Female singers.)
(Anyone know of some more accurate alternatives for translations I could use?)

Favourite artists of 18-24 years

Favourite artists of 55+ years

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts:
It's great that Alizée's still, maybe not relevant with all due respect, but admired by some of the French population. Considering she hasn't released anything in 6 years and not had a massively successful album (by most accounts) for 15+ years, it's quite commendable she's on here.
To put what Arsenal fans on Twitter say about the football club, into this context: "She's absolutely massive, gargantuan institution"

Good to see Mylene still killing it as well. To be honest I don't really know anything about French music beyond Alizée of course, and my very limited knowledge of Mylene Farmer, Julia and Axelle Red, all of whom I've only heard about because of Alizée. I guess there are a few names that look a bit familiar, as well as a couple of English-speaking artists I've heard. Maybe I should expand my palette of French Music (My younger self never would've thought I'd be saying that sentence )

Alizée also acknowledged it on her story, and it was cross-posted by several fan accounts:

What else can I say really, Congratulations Alizée!

Last edited by Ben.Daly; 06-19-2020 at 09:07 PM..
Old 06-20-2020, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Do you mind me asking what time it was roughly you were over there? Was it possibly during the George Graham years? Did you go to any of the games at Highbury?
That's quite a few questions, apologies. Would like to know what following the team was like back whenever it was you were there.
I don’t mind you asking! I moved to England in 1971. I believe that was about a year before Graham left Arsenal for Manchester United. I never had the opportunity to attend any games, unfortunately. I wanted to, but it never happened.
I had English friends who followed Manchester United, and some that liked Chelsea, but I started right off liking Arsenal the best—though I can’t tell you exactly how that came to be!
Old 08-09-2020, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
[url]https://riffx.fr/barometre-riffx-by-credit-mutuel-2020-les-100-artistes-preferes-des-francais/
Alizée also acknowledged it on her story, and it was cross-posted by several fan accounts:

I was listening to the Internet radio station I like, Radio Paradise, and they played a song by Francis Cabrel, who is number 3 on this list. I looked him up on Wikipedia and it says he is “considered one the most influential French musical artists of all time.” Here are a couple of videos with him and Alizeé. The second one, "Macumba" includes Alizeé, along with Thomas Dutronc and Patricia Kaas.

Macumba:

Old 08-09-2020, 08:34 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post

I was listening to the Internet radio station I like, Radio Paradise, and they played a song by Francis Cabrel, who is number 3 on this list. I looked him up on Wikipedia and it says he is “considered one the most influential French musical artists of all time.” Here are a couple of videos with him and Alizeé. The second one, "Macumba" includes Alizeé, along with Thomas Dutronc and Patricia Kaas.

Macumba:

I looked at several of Cabrel's own songs and though I think he has a great voice and the music is very good and the songs are very good, I haven't really found a song of his that really makes me want to watch it more than once.

The same is true of so many singers I've seen on Les Enfoires. I really enjoy the songs the show picks for them and I add them to my play lists, but when I look at the songs of the individual artists, I find little that appeals to me.
Old 08-21-2021, 02:24 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Cool

It was a great achievement from Alizée, even though she had been pretty inactive in music for years!

And... Not surprisingly, even though France is a big country and in Europe, I might have known by name only about 2-4 musicians on the entire TOP100 list, and I had practically never listened to anyone!

Now that I’ve found Alizée, I already know more about these French singers, but of course I’m just listening to Alizée!

Alizée 💜
Old 11-21-2022, 09:53 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default This is a Really Great Thread !

This is a Really Great Thread Ben.Daly ! i don't think i would have found it myself; so it is really informative for the different Artists in France !
Is it just me or are French Audiences Superb !?

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 11-21-2022 at 09:54 PM.. Reason: spellings