Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-22-2010, 02:32 AM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

I am watching the one I just received and it appears identical in quality.
They both have an audio selection in the main menu also.
The only differences I see so far is the barcode and there is a small yellow square (with rounded corners) with what appears to be German in it. This is on the proposed Mexique version box and on the DVD. I didn't get a DVD/CD combo. Interesting find.
I will have to watch both. If only I had 2 PAL players I could watch them side by side.
I have a feeling that I actually have 2 France versions and that the reference book is mistaken on the barcodes.
After further research.............
It looks like the Mexique cd/dvd combo have a purple cd and blue dvd. Could be wrong on this.
I still need to figure out the two versions I have. I think one was produced in France and the other in Germany is what the differences are.

Last edited by MYGOGT; 08-22-2010 at 02:57 AM..
Old 08-22-2010, 03:40 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Turns out, I do in fact, have the Mexican version of the DVD. When I ordered the DVD from Amazon I made the mistake of ordering it from one the listed sellers instead of buying it from Amazon directly. The version being sold by Amazon is indeed the French version, but the version I bought from a third party seller (through the Amazon website) turned out to be the Mexican edition. I haven't opened the DVD yet, but I'm 99.99% sure that I got the Mexican version. I tried to check the bar codes as MYGOGT suggested but there so happens to be a sticker on the shrink wrap that covers it. I did notice something though, the text at the very bottom of the back cover it's in Spanish! That pretty much confirms that I got the Mexican version. So I pretty much got scammed by someone that listed the Mexican version of the En Concert DVD as if it were the French version. Luckily, although I bought the DVD from a third party seller, the order was fulfilled by Amazon, meaning that I'm protected by Amazon's policies. I will be returning the DVD for a full refund first thing Monday.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:25 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

I have both versions as well. Both cost about the same (around $23), although the French version only came with the DVD.

The French one is better, both in audio and video quality. The reason why I bought the Mexican version (through E-bay) was because I couldn't play my French version on my big screen TV. (I think it's because it's PAL, not NTSC).

Again, the Mexican version came with both DVD and CD. But, unlike the French version, it came in a CD case. The audio in DVD is about half a second delayed on JAM (Of all the fr#$@ng songs!)

Also, there's some scenes that were missing like the one where she spoke after Hey! Amigo. (One of my favorite parts!) But, overall, I'm still happy because at least I could watch it on my old big screen TV!

PS: I haven't tried the CD yet since I already have CD-Rs in my car and CD player! (Don't worry. I didn't download it illegally. I just captured the audio/songs from my DVD!)

Last edited by Jake04; 08-22-2010 at 05:29 AM..
Old 08-22-2010, 08:44 PM

rj.bagby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
I have both versions as well. Both cost about the same (around $23), although the French version only came with the DVD.

The French one is better, both in audio and video quality. The reason why I bought the Mexican version (through E-bay) was because I couldn't play my French version on my big screen TV. (I think it's because it's PAL, not NTSC).

Again, the Mexican version came with both DVD and CD. But, unlike the French version, it came in a CD case. The audio in DVD is about half a second delayed on JAM (Of all the fr#$@ng songs!)

Also, there's some scenes that were missing like the one where she spoke after Hey! Amigo. (One of my favorite parts!) But, overall, I'm still happy because at least I could watch it on my old big screen TV!

PS: I haven't tried the CD yet since I already have CD-Rs in my car and CD player! (Don't worry. I didn't download it illegally. I just captured the audio/songs from my DVD!)
I just checked mine and I have the mexican version according to that barcode. I have no problems with it. It is in Dolby Digital 5.1,DTS 5.1, and Stereo 2.0 (and no cd with it).
Old 08-22-2010, 09:32 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj.bagby View Post
I just checked mine and I have the mexican version according to that barcode. I have no problems with it. It is in Dolby Digital 5.1,DTS 5.1, and Stereo 2.0 (and no cd with it).
I think the bar codes I gave above are one from France and one from Germany.
I am thinking the reference book has the bar code wrong as it also shows the Mex version on another page with a bar code ending with 6790126 and is in a cd sized case. Maybe some one with the true Mex cd/dvd set can verify this.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:28 PM

rj.bagby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
I think the bar codes I gave above are one from France and one from Germany.
I am thinking the reference book has the bar code wrong as it also shows the Mex version on another page with a bar code ending with 6790126 and is in a cd sized case. Maybe some one with the true Mex cd/dvd set can verify this.
I just noticed I have the yellow square deal in German so the one you saw in the book for Mexico, must have been German.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:59 PM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

Man, I've seen all these videos on youtube of the DVD and I want it sooooooooo bad, but I can't order it online until I get my own credit card...hmm or maybe prepaid will work!
Old 08-23-2010, 04:35 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj.bagby View Post
I haven't checked my bar code yet. No need to 'cause the return address was from Mexico. It's Stereo 2.0. It wouldn't even let you change the audio setting on the menu unlike the French one. I think companies do this to cut cost. To make it more affordable in other countries (although the guy who sold it to me still charged me $23). But, that's okay. It sooooo worth it. I really enjoy watching both. Plus, it's much cheaper than buying a multi-system, 65", flat-screen tv!
Old 08-23-2010, 06:10 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

A good way to find out if you have the Mexican version of En Concert is to check the text at the very bottom on the back of DVD, just below the logos and www.moi-alizee.com. If the text is in Spanish, then you have the Mexican version.

The French version reads:
L'oeuvre fixée sur ce support est exclusivement...

While the Mexican version says:
MUY IMPORTANTE. Este fonograma y/o obra audiovisual...
Old 08-23-2010, 06:40 AM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
A good way to find out if you have the Mexican version of En Concert is to check the text at the very bottom on the back of DVD, just below the logos and www.moi-alizee.com. If the text is in Spanish, then you have the Mexican version.

The French version reads:
L'oeuvre fixée sur ce support est exclusivement...

While the Mexican version says:
MUY IMPORTANTE. Este fonograma y/o obra audiovisual...
Yay I have the French version.

Tags
dvd, en concert, question