Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-22-2013, 10:57 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Do you ever try and relive that first time?

Every once in a while, usually late at night, I get the urge to relive that first night when I found out about Alizée. So I'll start off doing what I was doing that first night and that was searching some of Madonna's videos to download. It's then I came across the image that little did I know at that point would change my life and of course that image was for Alizee's version of La Isla Bonita. So I'll do a search for that song again and see that image again and click on it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I watched the video and thought she was beautiful and I loved her voice, but at the same time I thought did she have any music of her own. So I searched for Alizee and as I've said many times in the past, I saw the Moi Lolita video in Amsterdam. I had honeymooned there and liked it there so I clicked on that. That is when my jaw hit the floor. Such beauty of voice, of person, of dance. I loved the way she waved to the crowd. I had no idea at the time that she was as young as she was and when I found out she was only 16, I was amazed at how much poise she had. Another couple of things that amazed we was the dance for it's uniqueness and the beautiful music of Laurant Boutanant which was so perfectly matched for her voice.

I don't know how many times I watched that video that night, but at some point I searched for more of her music and my next hit was J'en ai marre Chanson #1. Again I loved the uniqueness of the dance. At the begining, I really enjoyed her smile and she does a little tip of her head at about the 8 second mark and for some reason, I loved that and what a beautiful video; amazing beauty; amazing sexiness.

After that it was A Contre Courant at Star Academy. She looked so beautiful when she smiled and shifted her eyes back and forth around the 4 second mark and one thing I loved about this video and several others to follow was the way she danced in place when she was just standing at the microphone and there was that great little interaction between her and Nikos at the end. Too bad she didn't marry him. Was he married at the time? I'm guessing he probably was.

After that, it was L' Alize - Top of the Pops. More of LB's great music; more of the way I loved her dancing in place and somethng so intriguing about her looks.

After that, the memory fades of the exact order.

I know there was Gourmandises, but I think it was a remix of that, which I saw first that someone posted and it disappeared at one point, though I still have it.
After that, I'm not sure of the order, but there was
J'ai pas vingt ans at Hotel de ville
Ella Ella

So those are the videos I play when I want to relive that night.

It's kind of funny but I don't remember that much of En Concert videos being available then, but when I did find it, the whole concert was available to watch and that was another jaw dropping moment and that's kind of my biggest regret about Alizee. If I had known about her back in 2003, I could have easily flown over to try and see one of her concerts.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:22 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Never could happen again for me. That first time was like losing your virginity you can never get it back.

Out walks this young lady singing La Isla Bonita, mesmerizing me for almost two hours before I could pull myself away from that video. When I finally found out who she was, a whole new world opened up for me that day. It will never happen again, that someone as special as Alizée will come into my life.

When I put "special" in that context I'm using it as a person or fan that follows a entertainer or singer. No one on television, in the movies or music industry has ever affected me like this woman has.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

It's hard for me too, since my discovery of Alizée came in 2 installments, one of which it is impossible for me to recreate. As I have said before, the first time I saw Alizée was on American TV during the Gourmandises era. I believe it was one of those news magazine style shows in prime time. They were doing a report on how fast kids are growing up nowadays and they showed a clip of the Parler Tout Bas video. I was blown away by the creativity of the imagery of the video, the great sounding music, and this beautiful young girl's sweet voice. I made a point to search her out the next day, but by then I forgot her name.

Fast forward to 2006, I ran across the JEAM video and loved everything about it. However, there seemed something familiar about this girl that I couldn't put my finger on. I did a search for more Alizée stuff and found PTB and realized I had rediscovered her. I wish I could find that original report that I saw on American TV. It would be nice to share it.

Sorry to those who have had to suffer through my retelling of this story. It's probably the third time I've told it here.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:58 AM

Of course reliving that moment could never be exactly the same as the first moment, but still for me, it reminds me of those thoughts, those feeling I had that first time and because of that, I still get a huge amount of enjoyment of replaying that incredible night.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:34 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

I can't relive the exact moment but, like others here, I can remember feeling mesmerised the first time I saw her videos on Youtube and I'm not normally one to get starstruck by anybody. I was hooked from that moment on. I wont deny that there have been times when my interest has fallen off a bit but for some reason, today, I have been playing the first two albums and that warm feeling has just washed over me all over again. These songs really do stand the test of time for me and I have a very low boredom threshold so there is clearly something very special about Alizee in my opinion.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:04 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

I have tried to relive those moments, but everything seems to be so unreal. It's hard to believe how I felt at that time.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

When I first saw Alizée on youtube, I wasn't impressed at all. Therefore, I don't want to relieve my first time

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)
Old 06-22-2013, 04:51 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka View Post
When I first saw Alizée on youtube, I wasn't impressed at all. Therefore, I don't want to relieve my first time
Same here. When I saw her videos (LIB and JEAM), I was like what the hell is going on. I was confused whether she is singing or not. If she is singing then why is she dancing.

I had no idea about singles, stage shows, pop albums, concerts. In fact I was not interested in music at all before that.

I guess I have already posted this earlier here. My friends were watching her videos and I was just ignored and started checking some items my friends had kept on the table while everyone was praising her.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Same here. When I saw her videos (LIB and JEAM), I was like what the hell is going on. I was confused whether she is singing or not. If she is singing then why is she dancing.

I had no idea about singles, stage shows, pop albums, concerts. In fact I was not interested in music at all before that.

I guess I have already posted this earlier here. My friends were watching her videos and I was just ignored and started checking some items my friends had kept on the table while everyone was praising her.
to be honest, if there is a moment I would want to relieve, it would be when I first joined AF, and later, when I first joined AAm. One of the first threads I checked out was how everybody found out about Alizée, and your post was one of those I remembered until today (because I know one Indian guy and I subconciously perceived you as if you were he). What a coincidence, that you post right after my post, explaining the very same thing I remember reading when I joined this forum

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)
Old 06-22-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post

So when and how did you get the "bug"?