Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-21-2013, 11:18 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Well I believe there's more to Alizée than meets the eye and although she might not write her own lyrics she has always put her own ideas foward when it's come to her songs.. anyway it feels like I'm beating a dead horse here.
Just in case it did look that way to you, I was not taunting you just to get a response, I was truly interested in knowing what you saw in those pictures because I can’t make much of them, myself. Anyway, it didn’t feel like beating a dead horse to me and thanks for your input, mon ami.

@le chat and Matevz, Alizée has plenty of great qualities, I never pretended otherwise.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Just in case it did look that way to you, I was not taunting you just to get a response, I was truly interested in knowing what you saw in those pictures because I can’t make much of them, myself.
No problem.. well I was mystified by some of them, especially the one where Alizée is lying on the floor portraying herself dead with blood on the floor.. it looks like she's had her insides cut out and you see as far as I know Edie Sedgwick died of a drug overdose.

Anyway the only conclusion I have come to regarding that one shot is that it's an artistic way of Alizée showing that she gave her life away to fame.. not just Edie Sedgwick, maybe herself too.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 03-22-2013, 09:48 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
...- She is so deep that the only way she has found to survive is to be shallow
Rev, are you really actually proposing this as an explanation for her shallowness?....
You're funny...

Those are your words, not mine.

Quote:
Well UEDS was a pretty deep album imo..

...Anyway some official photos are in this vid too and I still can't work out why she decided to portray herself as dead ( check out the 0:50 minute mark ) in one of them. I'm sure some will relate it to Edie Sedgewick, but I myself think it goes deeper than that and there's other photo's here which can be seen in the last 3rd of the video that have me mystified too....
Remember, unless Alizée is looking for a particular theme, it is usually the protographer who has the ideas. He or she proposes them and Alizée just says yes or no (although she may then throw in her own ideas).

Quote:
Originally Posted by le chat des Etats View Post
....I'm not that old, but I find this applies to me more and more. Alizée seems to show a depth of kindness. For just one example of her behavior over time, look at how many shots she has with random fans on her posts compared to other stars. She seems to take a great deal of time with people, when most would be happy if she scribbled an autograph or simply smiled and noticed them for a second. There are other areas she has shown caring, of ourse.
Yes. Kindness is one way that depth could be demonstrated. It could indicate depth when it is proactive rather than just reactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le chat des Etats View Post
....As to how smart she is, without knowing her personally, it is difficult to say. I think there is evidence that she is sharp, but she does not go out of her way to show it off.....
Absolutely. She is obviously very smart. I doubt even Corsaire would argue with that.

She demonstrates her smarts by who she is friends with. For example, she tends to hang with the smarter bunch at LE.

Also, the types of songs she wants to sing show her to be smart. She goes after complicated, poetic types, as compared to just "_____ pop music" (I'm trying to remember the word she was quoted as having used).

Howeever, smart is only a component of deep, it does not, of itself, demonstrate deepness.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:31 PM
Alizée dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Remember, unless Alizée is looking for a particular theme, it is usually the protographer who has the ideas. He or she proposes them and Alizée just says yes or no (although she may then throw in her own ideas).
I would've liked to have known Edie.. poor girl.. fuck I'm crying now.

Last edited by Un-rêve; 03-22-2013 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: fuck it the editing
Old 03-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Also, the types of songs she wants to sing show her to be smart. She goes after complicated, poetic types, as compared to just "_____ pop music" (I'm trying to remember the word she was quoted as having used).
I believe it was "trash" pop music, if memory serves me correctly.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:02 PM
Alizée dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I believe it was "trash" pop music, if memory serves me correctly.
Alizée always still has class.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-PXxpCTKgyM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 03-23-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
You're funny...

Those are your words, not mine.
Well, you followed up on what ALS was saying and it was not clear why you added to that particular subject (people being so deep they have to act shallow to survive) , so I asked if you were actually implying that it was Alizée’s case. You know, when it comes to rationalizing so to protect Alizée, many of her fans will go to great lengths.

Quote:
Absolutely. She is obviously very smart. I doubt even Corsaire would argue with that.
"Obviously very smart"? I would say she is obviously not stupid and probably rather smart. She could be very smart, but I don't think she is really into making it easy for us to tell.

Last edited by Corsaire; 03-23-2013 at 11:09 AM..
Old 03-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Alizée always still has class.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-PXxpCTKgyM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Well, just like she said in that interview Rev was referring to, I think Alizée has done a good job of steering away from trash pop. In my opinion, none of her albums contain a song I would characterize as "trash". There are a few that I like less than others, but generally speaking, her songs have worthy qualities. Of course I realize that categorizing songs like this can be subjective.

On another note, it seems to me that Alizée has been working on her vocals lately. She seems more prepared to sing live. I'm basing that on some of the TV shows she's sang live on lately, along with her performances at LE.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Well, just like she said in that interview Rev was referring to, I think Alizée has done a good job of steering away from trash pop. In my opinion, none of her albums contain a song I would characterize as "trash". There are a few that I like less than others, but generally speaking, her songs have worthy qualities. Of course I realize that categorizing songs like this can be subjective.

On another note, it seems to me that Alizée has been working on her vocals lately. She seems more prepared to sing live. I'm basing that on some of the TV shows she's sang live on lately, along with her performances at LE.
I agree on both counts.

I do not think that Alizée has done much trash pop, if any. She even has in her repertoire quite a lot of rather deep, mature and complex lyrics, but I wouldn’t say the majority of her fans are interested in their content. Some like to analyse her songs in depth, but that is certainly not her typical fan base.

She does sound much better, lately. Quite honestly, I have been rather disappointed with most of Alizée’s live performance of the past. I would even dare describe some of her performances as “unprofessional”. But, she surely can sound much better than that if she invests time and efforts.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Judging by the stuff written in the Alizée and Secret Societies thread Alizée and Secret Societies thread, we can create a new theory - that Alizée has been fooling us all this time, at least regarding her everyday activities, which may or may not be connected with some "secret societies" into which she was introduced by Mylène (possibly)... perhaps she has all this time been extremely active and she just feeds us with superficial stuff to hide other stuff she does in her life.

I know, it sounds so crazy but hey, I too am up to my own things and I have to constantly lie to others because it would be very hard to explain to them why I do those things, even though those things are not bad, they are just unusual... I know that this is not good and someday I will have to tell the truth. With this in mind, I will label this new theory about Alizée plausible.