Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Ill bet this was cool, i checked out the page, but there is nothing Lilly related there, and i dont know if DJG still works there. I'd want to know what some of the reactions were of the people listening. Everybody is always saying they send a billion requests to radio stations, why not try here where we have/had an insider?
Old 10-05-2009, 06:52 AM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Ill bet this was cool, i checked out the page, but there is nothing Lilly related there, and i dont know if DJG still works there. I'd want to know what some of the reactions were of the people listening. Everybody is always saying they send a billion requests to radio stations, why not try here where we have/had an insider?
Sorry, but I don't have a show there anymore. Chances are, if you tried to send a request to the other DJs, they'd likely have no idea who you were talking about and would not be able to play her anyway (because the station doesn't have her albums - I was playing her from my personal music collection).
Old 10-05-2009, 07:20 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Greg View Post
Almost four months later, I finally updated the main page.

Unfortunately, I don't even have the original recordings of these shows anymore, as my external hard drive recently crashed, which caused me to lose about 80 GB of pictures, documents (everything I wrote in college and graduate school, including my master's thesis), radio shows, and music.

Does anyone have knowledge of how to recover data from a hard drive that my computer won't recognize (and that now makes a lot of noise when it's plugged in)? I haven't taken it to a professional yet, and I'm afraid of what it might cost...
If there's something mechanically wrong with your hard drive. I've been told that if you can find the exact same model ( that in itself would probably be a miracle), you could have someone who is mechanically inclined with computers, take the two apart and put your discs into the good one. Of course it wouldn't last that long now that it's out of it's dust and moisture free enviroment, but it would last long enough to get your old files.

I think this method is a probably a lot easier said than done, but the info came from a reliable source.

P.S.
There's also an adapter you can buy in case your hard drive is an internal one, that let's you connect your hard drive to a usb port instead of having to open up your computer. They sell for about 15 bucks which is equal to about 1/2 a euro now ( jk). Mine is called an ez-connect made by Kingwin. I was told by a store clerk that they get a lot of returns on other makes.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-05-2009 at 07:36 AM..