Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-03-2019, 05:10 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default "Imany Don't Be So Shy feat Alizee"... to post or not to post?

I came across this video today. It's Youtube nane is "Imany Don't Be So Shy feat Alizee". It uses scenes from the music video "Moi Lolita" and the song "Don't be so shy" by the French singer Imany.

I watched it and of course I liked the video and I enjoyed the music and the sound of her voice. Looking at the lyrics, they are definitely of a sexual nature. Of course the video is of a sexual nature, but of different sexual natures.

It was used in the soundtrack of the 2014 film Sous les jupes des filles (also known by the English title French Women), where two versions are used, one by Sherika Sherard and the other by Imany dubbed "Don't Be so Shy (Work in Progress)".
French Women (original title: Sous les jupes des filles) is a 2014 French comedy drama film

Story of 11 middle-aged women of different backgrounds find their lively distaff side within and outside the bonds of marriage, work and family life. The story is told through a prism of infidelity, insecurity, neurosis, boredom, frustration, menopause ...etc.

One of those women in the movie was played by Vanessa Paradis.

Now I'm not sure about the version for the movie which came out in 2014, but the remix that came out late in 2015 and was very successful was very sexual. The video I'm posting here seems to be of a gay relationship between women.

Now we try not to post things here that would embarress Alize and I don't really think this would because it doesn't really apply to the video. They are both of a sexual nature, but two different sexual situations. I think they just used it because they were both of a 'sexual' nature and it fit in well with the video.

The thing that bothers me are some of the lyrics,

"Take off my clothes
Oh bless me father
Don't ask me why
You're right
You're right
In my heart trust
Raise so much faster
I drawn myself in holy water
And both my eyes
Just got so much brighter
And I saw God
Oh yeah so much closer
In the dark
I see your smile
Do you feel my heat
On my…".

It sounds like a priest is being asked to take off her clothes, which bothers me, yet the video seems to be about relationships between women?

So I think this isn't an embarrassment to Alizee. The question is how do we look upon it here? Should we be okay with it being used with the 'Moi Lolita' video? Well this is a forum for discussion and as long as members here think it doesn't make Alizee look bad, let's discuss it!