Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

would not really matter to me.. what ever one gets out and done first...how much!!
Old 12-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentFox View Post
would not really matter to me.. what ever one gets out and done first...how much!!
He has the right idea lol.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:09 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

I think that the dark on dark is great. It's visible if you want to see it, but it doesn't smack you in the face.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
Maybe whoever buys it, you can put there username on it? Or would that be to much work? Think it would be great. Maybe even put there word signatures on the back. That would be cool.
I's not a matter of too much work ... no one is going to be willing to do the manufacturing of individual shirts by hand, and most certainly not at this time of year. Adding any kind of customization for each user isn't economically possible - you'd likely be paying close to $40 or $50 per shirt for that kind of service, if anyone was even willing to to that sort of extremely labor-intensive manufacturing. These shirts would be a low-volume semi-mass-produced item - that's what allows them to sell for as little as $20 each.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:37 PM

Oscar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
I think that the dark on dark is great. It's visible if you want to see it, but it doesn't smack you in the face.
I agree. I like it as it is.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:38 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

I think it looks great. I like the red on black.

I would also recommend going with high quality shirt and process even if it runs a few buck more. You want the logo and fabric to stay solid over many washes and last several years. Also check embroidery prices.

If the pre-orders are short of the next discount tier, I would be open to investing a few hundred bucks to purchase (or assist in the purchase of) inventory to push into the next discount tier.

Edit: We're not bumping up against any copyright or trademark problems here are we?
Old 12-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

That shirt is really nice when are you coming out with them?

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:45 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
We're not bumping up against any copyright or trademark problems here are we?
We most certainly are.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Schwazzy, baby !

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
I think it looks great. I like the red on black.

I would also recommend going with high quality shirt and process even if it runs a few buck more. You want the logo and fabric to stay solid over many washes and last several years. Also check embroidery prices.

If the pre-orders are short of the next discount tier, I would be open to investing a few hundred bucks to purchase (or assist in the purchase of) inventory to push into the next discount tier.

Edit: We're not bumping up against any copyright or trademark problems here are we?
We're not going to get to choose the actual quality of the raw materials, though I've seen samples of what is used for these things and they're quite well constructed. As to lasting for years or embroidery - that's not going to happen, especially at only $20 a shirt. You might be able to do that for high-volume production at mass market retail, but this would be a "vanity" item - tiny production volume, so the designs have to be simple and the materials used of good but not outstanding quality. A super high quality, embroidered shirt at very low volume ... pricing would be terrible and no one would take the fabrication job.

Trademark & copyright - yes, this would likely be an issue, considering that the logo - even though the image I'm using is totally from scratch generated - looks way too much like the real thing to be completely legal. If we wanted to avoid these issues, we'd need a totally new logo for AA, something we create ourselves. As far as I can tell, the phrase "Alizée America" isn't copyrighted or trademarked, so I believe we'd be in the clear to use it if we wanted to.

Inputs ?
Old 12-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Schwazzy, baby !

Question Any other concerns ... voice them here, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
We most certainly are.

Uh, yeah. I'm sure we are, too. Duh.

How about some ideas on getting around the problem, then ? Anything beyond creating our own custom logo, which we've already mentioned ? Any other concerns ?