Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-16-2019, 08:34 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Even though there's no shortage of guys who run these stop signs, the biggest problem is people who are talking on their phones or texting because when traffic is heavy, you'll have 3 or 4 cars coming up at roughly the same time and it's important you keep track of who got there first and if someone doesn't go when it's their turn to go because they are communicating with someone else, it messes everyone else up.

Oh, those drivers with a phone stuck to their heads!

That is a huge pet peeve of mine. They cut off a good portion of their peripheral vision. It makes me extra mad to see small children in the back seat.

Just the other day this guy was trying to back out of a parking space, driving with one arm, holding a phone up to his ear with the other arm. All the while he was twisted around trying to check for cars. I stopped and watched this guy as it took him much longer to complete backing out than if just set the phone down (or better yet, say he will call back later).
Old 09-16-2019, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Roundabouts work pretty well for this kind of intersections
I agree! Also, they make it much less likely that an accident will be a deadly, head on crash. It can take people awhile to get used to them, though!